Choose a prior player to place on your current team

com74bsslc

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say TJ Rasnick. In his freshman year he was electric on the field. Also to be able to come back the way he did for his senior year and still play with the same passion.

^^This^^

My buddy--

Life has many choices---eternity two

^^This^^

My buddy--

Life has many choices---eternity two

We talk about how some people were a beast as an athlete and that is something that every team needs. However I'll take somebody that can bring that upper level of motivation and passion just as quickly.

Eddie Hall, What talent and Heart! If ever there was a guy that I think about when I think about Gmen football other than Coach Carlock, it is Eddie.

Ricky Noel, Hardnosed as they came! Bulldogs

Mark Webb, Patrick Henry TB,LB in high school, noseguard at VT. Beast!

I played at richlands so I going to have to say the best RB was Sandy Rodgers. Sure, there are guys with more yards now,but those guys had blocking. Sandy never had blocking,just a lot of talent and heart. He never quit. Also, Gary Lakey, Offensive lineman from richlands 1st team Allstate, he was just an awesome talent and humble as can be.

THE BIGGEST COMPLIMENT I CAN PAY ALL OF THESE GUYS IS THEY WERE FOOTBALL PLAYERS, GAMERS !!!!! PERIOD!

For Tazewell, I would go with Quentin Reed on offense and the one and only Steve Mitchem on D.

Steve was a beast that also went to Va Tech but got injured.

I agree! Stevie was the best I have seen on D. I was thinking Quentin or Jessee Davis on O. Jessee could do it all, run pass, defense. One of the best ever athletes around here. My earlier picks were more recent and geared to help this team as the topic said.

The Holloway kid was a beast on the line for Tazewell and Jeff Lamie was a great athlete who just made plays. That '86 Tazewell team was loaded. John Rainey was great for the Bulldogs in the '60s.

Don't forget Darryl Wilson from Virginia High. He played in the NFL for one year and was a great athlete at VHS in the 80s.

Lance......Marcum was good for Grundy but you don't see the light!!! Scammell, Perkins, or Jason Cophehavor would be my top picks over Marcum.

Marcum was never given the chance to do what the others were able to do. I played on the same team with Cary from the time we were in 4th or 5th grade....i've seen the others...Garon was miles ahead...he was just never turned loose. I don't know why, i have my theories, but that's the truth and i'll stand behind it 110%. Most games he was done and on the bench by the time the 3rd Q started.

Graham-Leonard "Sugar Ray" Graves

About 6'4 200 lbs.....run like the wind and could cover anyone on deffense.

I remember a game at CC, 15 carries over 300 yards and 3 or 4 touchdowns.

I agree! Stevie was the best I have seen on D. I was thinking Quentin or Jessee Davis on O. Jessee could do it all, run pass, defense. One of the best ever athletes around here. My earlier picks were more recent and geared to help this team as the topic said.

Jeff Lamie was the best all around athlete on those teams. We see what happened to Tazewell in 87 (when they were on their way to a possible 2nd state title in a row) and Lamie broke his collarbone at Grundy. It was all down hill from there, even with Quinten Reed on the field.

Jeff Lamie was the best all around athlete on those teams. We see what happened to Tazewell in 87 (when they were on their way to a possible 2nd state title in a row) and Lamie broke his collarbone at Grundy. It was all down hill from there, even with Quinten Reed on the field.

Reed went out in that game as well.

Lamie was tough! But I'd take Jessee everyday of the week to win a ball game for me.

Miller played qb at honaker didn't he?

Yes and he was a good one. If I remember correctly they mostly operated from the I, he would have put up huge numbers in a shotgun based Offense. He also played Safety for them, would have made a great DE but they were protecting him. Can you imagine? a 6'4" 230lb safety!

Yes and he was a good one. If I remember correctly they mostly operated from the I, he would have put up huge numbers in a shotgun based Offense. He also played Safety for them, would have made a great DE but they were protecting him. Can you imagine? a 6'4" 230lb safety!

They may have protected him in high school but he is tough. Heath is one heck of a blocking TE for the Steelers. Lloyd Combs still says he thinks Heath's best sport was baseball. Lloyd said would have been in MLB.

For Richlands im gonna take DJ Simmons over just about everyone else you could put him on one side of the field and that side was shut off from a passing being completed he was overlooked alot but go back and look at the tapes in any game he played in the guy he covered may have caught 2 passes on a good day.

For Richlands im gonna take DJ Simmons over just about everyone else you could put him on one side of the field and that side was shut off from a passing being completed he was overlooked alot but go back and look at the tapes in any game he played in the guy he covered may have caught 2 passes on a good day.

Was he #30?