Richlands @ Giles

Ryan4VT

I've never seen what is so hard about stopping the single wing. Tackle all the back and wa-la, you win.

They get a double team and out number you with pulling linemen on the play side. They force you to play flat footed and try to hold your gap, hard to do when you're being trapped or double teamed. The only team ive ever seen beat Giles(Battle) was stronger and their D Line fought thru the double teams and held their ground against the traps. Occasionally you can catch them when they cant throw and load the box with 11 and beat them.  Tough team to defeat.

Their Buck Lateral series is like trying to defend Power Lead and Toss Sweep at the same time on the same side.

I watched the Battle/Giles game. Giles wasn't all that and a bag of chips. Very weak IMO.

And they are playing this Friday and Battle is sitting at home..... Battle makes one playoff run in a hundred years..... and Giles has been consistently in the playoffs for DECADES....I'll take Giles and the bag of chips ......

I watched the Battle/Giles game. Giles wasn't all that and a bag of chips. Very weak IMO.

They weren't great last year. Solid team tho, I cant remember what seed Giles or Battle was but they were playing at Battle so they must have been a lower seed. This years team is obviously better. 

A year can make a HUGE difference; GW, Haysi, and VHS are good examples. A year in the weight room can make a world of difference to a team if players will work hard(the boys at Giles do, always have).

So much grammar………….

You know Jethro has a 6th grade education.... He's not much on Grammar....but he sure can cipher pretty good.....

Just ask Granny and Ellie Mae.

Here we are approaching the Christmas season and I'm sure most of you have seen or heard of the movie "Miracle on 34th Street", well my Blues, last week, starred in their own version called "Miracle on Tornado Alley". 

It is a new week and the Blues are leaving the confines of the "Ernie",  to travel to Ragsdale Arena for a "family showdown" and a trip for the winner to the state semis.  Since the Blues have been use to playing on turf, not sure how the soggy conditions will effect them.  Maybe Coach Mance will take them out to the practice field to simulate the conditions.

I cannot and will not predict a score in this one---to "close to home" to do that.  Which ever team comes out on top, I know they will have left everything on the field.

GO BLUES AND GO SPARTANS!!!!

Life has many choices---eternity two