Richlands @ Giles

Ryan4VT

Well before the start of the season I made a post and stated I thought we would take a 7-3 record and be tickled with it. Well we was. I also thought we would make it possibly to the second round of the 2A West playoffs. Now we are farther than I thought wewould be. I thought the lack of speedsters would be our doom. Well the heart of this team has willed them to where we are now along with ssome great coaching of course.

No doubt Giles is the better team and we will be a double digit underdog I think. My thoughts are if we have 3 or 4 turnovers like we did against the Bearcats we get beat soundly. If we don't then I absolutely believe we can win this game. Against the single wing you must have outstanding linebacker and safety play and that we have so that's a start. If our wide outs can get some delegation and not have a bunch of drops we can win the game.

I look for Giles to come out and throw the ball more than they normally would just because of Mance and his history with the single wing. I may be completely wrong here but that's my opinion. I think the team that can score 30 or more wins. Of will be a very physical and hard hitting game for sure. It has the potential to be a great one.

With all the history of Mance and Giles it will be an emotional one also. Like most games this far into the playoffs, the team which executes its game plan the best with the fewest turnovers and penalties wins. Of course I like our chances and will be there supporting them with everything in me. I sure encourage all of our fans to please travel to the game like we normally do and be very loud and supportive. These boys deserve a great fan base Friday Night and our fans are some of the best!

Hope to see you all there! This should be a SLOBBER KNOCKER!!!!!!!!!!

Bluerazor I agree but like you said if Giles comes out throwing it helps the blues because that is not their style. Sometimes you can over think things and coach yourself out of the game. A couple of years ago that happened to us I think at cave ran the power I once and scored easy never went back to it. Enough rambling think the blues win by 3.

from "Spartan Football Career Leaders", "1978-1996"

CAREER - RECEIVING YARDAGE

1. Anthony Myers (1994-95) 574

6. Greg Mance (1980-81) 348

CAREER - RECEPTIONS

1. Anthony Myers (1994-95) 31

4. Greg Mance (1980-81) 18

so, about 19 ypc

I looked at a map showing Giles high school,but all I saw was a soccer field. Can somebody post a GPS address to the football field?

That's the football field too. That google picture was just taken in soccer season.

Parking is BAD, a good size visitor seating section tho. Would love to see this one, lot of Giles history here, should be fun. Heard Coach Williams was going to check the cleats before the game and after halftime. Wish both Coaches the best, really don't care for either team so I hope the best teams wins. Good Luck to Jeff & Greg.

There is plenty of parking at Giles but alot of people do park on the 4 lane or at Walmart just to get out a little faster after the game....the Giles home side is not on the press box side like most stadiums....there are plenty of seats on both sides and a hill on the Giles side to stand if you prefer that....if you do park on the 4 lane it's a 2 minute walk to the stadium.....hope all the Richlands people have safe travels friday night but go home unhappy lol.....should be a good one....2 good teams and family going against family!!! Good luck to both teams but more to my Spartans of course LOL

Yeah I was just joking. He don't miss many Richlands games that I know of. They are great people also. I'm sure he will be on the Richlands side. So many variable's here its bound to be a good one.

All that aside its still comes down to the players executing. With all this rain its going to be a litter more difficult to prepare but that's part of it. I know the Blues will be out in the rain in a couple of hours getting after it!

I agree the single wing is hard but look at the year mance plays two teams in their last home scrimmage that's run it belfry runs it pretty well then union and blufield and vahigh have wonderful speed so that being said and the fact that mance knows it like the back of his hand he ran it for three years as a player we should like our chances and graham played them close I think if we catch the ball should be a game at Ernie next Saturday

Belfry did not run the single wing.  The double wing, wing-t, flexbone and single wing all are different.  The SW is the only offense that does not employ a quarterback, as you will see on Friday.  This offense is not based on speed, size or athletes.  It is based on deception.