Union @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

Hey Richland guys were is the best place to eat? Any advice. Thanks

The Bearded Moose - hands down the best food in the Richlands area

He's not lying. If you like burgers, grab the BBQ Bacon Burger and Holy Cheezus it. You will not regret it.

The Ricky Bobby is my favorite, add some moose track fries to your order and you won't be hungry for days...

I'm not from Richlands, but went to SVCC and Italian Village in Claypool Hill Mall was always my go to place.  Is it still there?  Anyways...

I've never even heard of this Bearded Moose you speak of.  Lol.

I'm not from Richlands, but went to SVCC and Italian Village in Claypool Hill Mall was always my go to place. Is it still there? Anyways...

I've never even heard of this Bearded Moose you speak of. Lol.

The village is still there and the Bearded Moose would definitely be worth the drive for you you to try!

the Bearded Moose would definitely be worth the drive for you you to try!

The Smoked Gouda burger and the Bacon and Blue burger are fantastic, as are the Drug Store Cowboy burger and the Sloppy Slimy Egg Burger.

Actually, its really hard to find something that isn't really good there.

The Smoked Gouda burger and the Bacon and Blue burger are fantastic, as are the Drug Store Cowboy burger and the Sloppy Slimy Egg Burger.

Actually, its really hard to find something that isn't really good there.

Sloppy Slimey Egg Burger!!!!! FTW!!!!

This area has always pulled for one another as the other teams go on, I know that the union fans were pulling for the blues against appo, and they pulled for appo. after they lost to Clarke county.back in the day of the lpd,our coaches refused to give game films to the other regions because they wanted the championship back in this area,heck tom turner scouted for powell valley several times after the bulldogs were out of it.i think both travis turner and the regions coaches are well liked and respected, they put fine young men on the field that someday will make fine citizens.both programs always show class, no cheap shots, a great game to watch...oh to be 17 again and to be able to suit up again.i will be there Friday night cheering for the bears, I told the boys to go down Bullet Park and take some of that burmuda with them, rub it on their pants, and maybe some of the magic will go with them. john luke I hope you throw for 4000 yrds, starting the third week of the season, just not Friday.

This is how it should be. The fans of both teams showing respect toward one another. Both fan bases should be commended for this. I'm not just saying this but when during the Powell Valley days when we played Richlands, I noticed a lot of class coming from the Richlands faithful. PV and Richlands stopped playing each other for a few years. I remember when I was in 8th grade, we played Richlands the week of 9/11. The fans were great. It was about like that the next year too. 

It is true Richlands will be wearing new White Helmets friday night? 

No. Simply a board rumor. Mance is trying to switch things up for this game. Maybe it will be the luck we need to beat the Bears. But don't believe that rumor. 

I am not sure what to think of Union having to go deep into the 3rd qrt to put

Away JI Burton. BHC said Burton dressed 22 players, and ran the ball down Union's

Throat for about 3 qrts. Then Union exploded late in the game for a score that was

Misleading for the most part.

JIB is huge in the line, so I guess the backs just followed their lead for 3 qrts

Until JIB was gassed.

I see Richlands winning this one, but not by a complete blowout early. Richlands

Is no doubt the best team, but the Mitchell kid can play with the best.

Richlands 36 Union 34. Stay healthy folks!

JIB isint as big on the line as they were last year. Lost 1 big starter to graduation and another moved to Kingsport (playing at DB).  I think JIB decided to attack off tackle instead of wide, that fits their personnel better and obviously gave Union fits for most of the game.    

One thing goes for these Union boys tomorrow night, if we lose you have nothing to hold your heads about, I'd much rather take a loss to a respected well coached richlands, than a low scale team like eastside, im sure the same goes for Richlands

One thing goes for these Union boys tomorrow night, if we lose you have nothing to hold your heads about, I'd much rather take a loss to a respected well coached richlands, than a low scale team like eastside, im sure the same goes for Richlands

Oh absolutely. The fact y'all went 10-0 last year was as much a boost for us as anything. Losing by a missed XP in OT to an undefeated doesn't exactly drag us down.

What is the seating capacity of Ernie Hicks?  I just read in the BDT where Mance said they are expecting 8,000-10,000 people at this game. 

More on the home side than the visitors but there is plenty of standing room around the track.  Last year Abingdon vs Richlands packed the place.  If you want to get a seat in the stands you better get there early cause it will fill up fast.  Just my opinion though.

What is the seating capacity of Ernie Hicks?  I just read in the BDT where Mance said they are expecting 8,000-10,000 people at this game. 

5000 is the seating capacity. But the track can obviously hold a lot more. If you want a seat, you're going to have to be there by 6 at the absolute latest.