question

#1BLUESFAN

I would think the one possible limiting factor is if they had not participated on the football team where they were located at, they will have to go through the conditioning process of helmets only, helmets shoulders pads before being allowed to do full contact drills/games.

The rule used to be that if a player transferred from another state, and played football they had to sit out at least the first six weeks, not sure now. In Sullivan County you can transfer between any school in the county and be eligible with the old schools permission.

Per the VHSL...

The student shall not have enrolled in one high school and subsequently transferred to and enrolled in another high school without a corresponding change in the residence of his/her parents, parent, or guardian.

I heard the Collier kid (Bluefield) to Richlands.  That was the buzz today.

bhs7695 can, with confidence, either confirm or squash that rumor...where's he at when you need him???

bhs7695 can, with confidence, either confirm or squash that rumor...where's he at when you need him???

I've heard some chatter in recent weeks that some felt that Graham and Richlands may be get some Bluefield transfers after the season.  I cannot confirm that rumor right now as I'm out of town but I just don't understand why he would transfer mid season if this is true.

I think if I where Va. Tech I would hire Richlands recruiting coordinator, because I swear they recruit better than Tech can. Before everyone gets mad I'm just poking fun. Man have times changed in high school athletics!  

They can afford white helmets, whats it to the parents club to give about $20 exrta a month for a nice apartment lol. Or the known transfer house in lake park lol

I heard 10 bucks would get ya a key

Mookie is a great kid.  Hope it is just a rumor.  He has so much going for him.  The younger kids look up to him.  I have a child at Bluefield Intermediate and he was excited when Mookie and some of the players came to visit the school prior to the Graham game.  He is a great leader and Bluefield needs that right now.  I wouldn't think he would leave just because of football.  He has a good head on his shoulder and has much more going for him than just playing football.  He already has schools looking at him.  I won't mention any names, but a kid at another school is rumored to have had scholarship offers withdrawn when he transferred to another school around here his senior season. 

I have heard some rumors, not about him....but a couple of players that may end up at another school next season (not Richlands).    Wouldn't be surprised if these 2 were not at Bluefield next season, but I hope not.  I'm tired of seeing kids jump ship when things get tough.  Stick it out, it takes a lot more character to be a leader on a losing team than to just abandon ship and try to stack the house somewhere else just to get a few "w's".

When will these kids learn that playing for a team 30 minutes down the road isn't going to get you any better offers from a college.  It may get you a few more wins.  You may like the coach better.  But at what cost?  What about the friends you have made over the years that are counting on you to be there for them?  I don't get it.

Play with your 11 from your hometown and represent your community not somebody elses  The people who care about how many wins you got when you get old, probably won't matter anyway.

If a kid from out of state moves to va this late in the season is he eligible to play right off orhow lonf does he have to sit.

Only with a corresponding change of address WITH a parent.... and they had better have their i's dotted and their t's crossed, if it is in the middle of the season and the kid is coming from a losing team... it will get looked at thoroughly and I'm sure the coach who might lose that player will make sure it's looked into.

There is a lot at stake for some of these kids that may have a chance to play at the next level and get an education paid for. They don't have the means to goto college without a scholarship. From that angle I would have to agree if they're not getting exposure help from their coaches then look somewhere else. If coaches aren't helping these kids where they should be then if the kid transfers, that's the fault of the coaches in my opinion.