Union vs Appomattox?

Richlands Gang

I don't see how anyone will beat Appomattox. WOW!

I think Richland's can beat them. Unions secondary looked lost tonight. I thought we were gonna get ran on all night but the pass D was what killed us. Their QB gets rid of the ball so fast you can't get near him. Gonna have nightmares tonight seeing all those slant passes they had tonight.

Or 21 > 14. Or Round 3 > Round 2.

Hard to be clever when the team you're insulting is better than you both head-to-head and relatively.

Don't get butt hurt buddy. A rebuilding Giles team took y'all to the wire. And we wasn't on here every week listing our players 40 yard times, and saying that no one can slow us down.

Appomattox is the best football team, top to bottom, I have seen in a very long time. Union didn't play their best, but IMO if they do, they still get beat by 3 td's. Union had success on the first two drives from the T but once they got down by two scores and went to the spread Appo was just way to much on defense. Way to strong and fast all over the field. Defensive line was big and physical, linebackers were smart and athletic and DB's were fast and covered everything. Offensively, Union's defense had nothing for them from the opening drive. It wasn't a bad scheme, bad coaching, or bad plays.. Appo just came at you from all directions and we couldn't answer. I agree with a post above, I wouldn't count out the East teams by any means but I don't see anyone beating Appomattox. Sorry Richlands fans, don't take up arms against me (see what I did there.. I visited the Appo Court House yesterday so I'm in character) but Appo has way to much speed, size, coaching, you name it.. Just my thoughts... Another great season for our Bears, a lot of schools would give anything to have this type of success. Getting beat by a better team is nothing to hang you head about.

After very little sleep still seeing raiders run In my dream this morning I recant my early statement saying richlands can beat them that is probably the best football team I've seen in person since Appalachia played William Campbell in the state game in 03. Very fast well coached and just down right scary I might have nightmares until August. Nothing to be ashamed of being a bear 24-3 over the past two years program is still young and the bears will be back but for now its time to hibernate.

Appomattox is the best football team, top to bottom, I have seen in a very long time. Union didn't play their best, but IMO if they do, they still get beat by 3 td's. Union had success on the first two drives from the T but once they got down by two scores and went to the spread Appo was just way to much on defense. Way to strong and fast all over the field. Defensive line was big and physical, linebackers were smart and athletic and DB's were fast and covered everything. Offensively, Union's defense had nothing for them from the opening drive. It wasn't a bad scheme, bad coaching, or bad plays.. Appo just came at you from all directions and we couldn't answer. I agree with a post above, I wouldn't count out the East teams by any means but I don't see anyone beating Appomattox. Sorry Richlands fans, don't take up arms against me (see what I did there.. I visited the Appo Court House yesterday so I'm in character) but Appo has way to much speed, size, coaching, you name it.. Just my thoughts... Another great season for our Bears, a lot of schools would give anything to have this type of success. Getting beat by a better team is nothing to hang you head about.

Hey,  I am one Blues fan that will not take up arms against you because you, as everyone else, has a right to their opinion,  and also I don't think most of the Richlands fans are under any illusions as to how good Appo is.  We played them there last year and got a first hand view of how good they are/can be and the fact they have basically the same team back and those same players would be 1 year older, stronger and probably even faster,  I think we have a pretty good idea of what we have waiting on us..........IF we get past this next game,  that has to be our focus right now.

Stuarts Draft is next  and will be a tough game,  but I think we have a pretty good shot at getting past them.  But we have seen in the past that at this point in the playoffs everyone has earned their right to be here and has a chance to win their game.  The Blues will have to play their best and stay focused on this week's game or they could find themselves home and not having a chance to play Appo again.

I'll take my chances with a Mance coached team any day and he always gives us a least a chance to beat any body at any time.

The Blues seem to be peaking at the right time,  I just hope they don't get ahead of themselves and look past this week's game,  I don't think Mance will let that happen,  but they are still high school kids and you just never know.

Congrats to Union and Graham on fantastic seasons,  both of you have a lot to be proud of, and I look forward to our games against both great programs next year !  

Appo was everything they were advertised to be. The TD being called back and the miscues on that first drive really set the tone for the Bears. That was a huge morale killer. Union folks have said for 2 weeks we needed to stay in the T to get anywhere with Appo. It seemed like every time we were making progress, we changed formations or botched the play.

We could have definitely played better and done enough differently to have kept the game closer, but nothing could have changed the outcome. I think Richlands would match up better because they have better team speed than Union, but it will be a VERY tough out. Appo has athletes everywhere on both sides of the ball and are very well coached. Good mix of play calling on their side too.

Not much else to say. Appo WAS that much better than Union.

Appo was as good as advertised!   Nothing Union could've done would have changed the outcome, just to much of a talent gap between those two teams.  I left there a little different than Clarke County last season.  Last season, I still feel like the best team didnt win that ball game,  this year Union has nothing to be ashamed of.  Left it all on the field and just lost to an incredible team.   Loved seeing the class and sportsmanship displayed between both fanbases and teams. The way Appomattox carried themselves impressed me just as much as their athletic ability.   On paper,  Appo should beat Richlands by 30 but games rarely go so smoothly.   If Richlands can force a few turnovers then it could change everything.     I seen the 2003 William Cambell team mentioned above..... this appo team isnt quiet that good but they're the best team I've seen since.    Here is the scary thing for Richlands.... talking to a few Appo fans/parents of players.....they've had you circled and apparently keeping a close eye on big blue this season.  I dont think either team will look past this next game but you have their full attention and have for some time!       Hope both teams take care of business next saturday so I can make the trip to Salem for that match-up!   It'll be a steep hill to climb but anything is possible!  I'll be right there cheering for Richlands to bring it back to our end of the state!

Appo was as good as advertised!   Nothing Union could've done would have changed the outcome, just to much of a talent gap between those two teams.  I left there a little different than Clarke County last season.  Last season, I still feel like the best team didnt win that ball game,  this year Union has nothing to be ashamed of.  Left it all on the field and just lost to an incredible team.   Loved seeing the class and sportsmanship displayed between both fanbases and teams. The way Appomattox carried themselves impressed me just as much as their athletic ability.   On paper,  Appo should beat Richlands by 30 but games rarely go so smoothly.   If Richlands can force a few turnovers then it could change everything.     I seen the 2003 William Cambell team mentioned above..... this appo team isnt quiet that good but they're the best team I've seen since.    Here is the scary thing for Richlands.... talking to a few Appo fans/parents of players.....they've had you circled and apparently keeping a close eye on big blue this season.  I dont think either team will look past this next game but you have their full attention and have for some time!       Hope both teams take care of business next saturday so I can make the trip to Salem for that match-up!   It'll be a steep hill to climb but anything is possible!  I'll be right there cheering for Richlands to bring it back to our end of the state!

Hmm,  wonder why we have their attention.........

Welcome to the board.

Lol...I just despise it. It just seems so dated, but if that fits your players then do what you do! And I'm an old Appy Bulldog pulling for Richlands now that Union is gone.

Do you like the spread?  If so look at the similarities between the spread and the singlewing, there is a lot in common between the two.

We filled their stands up 24 minutes after they opened the gate. I got there 6 hours early and we were about 20th in line. By the time the gate opened, the line was over 500 people long. We HAD to be there that early to get a seat, and my grandfather has had 14 back surgeries, he can't stand for that long.

What time did gates open?? Union filled the stands within 20 minutes at Dan River, but the Noon gate opening at Appo was a little harder to make with the long drive.

What time did gates open?? Union filled the stands within 20 minutes at Dan River, but the Noon gate opening at Appo was a little harder to make with the long drive.

If I'm not mistaken, they opened the gates at 10 for a 2pm kickoff. I could be wrong, though. It's hard to remember that far back haha.