Gerald Sensabaugh @ Crocket

Dick_Vitale

47 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

Pissed off parents, 3 guys serving as HC in 2 weeks...one let go for "failure to unite the team", all but one coach let go (he must be the "yes" man), the new guy is a baseball coach, an entirely new staff except for 1 guy with only 2 weeks left in the season before any playoff games they might earn...yeah, it can get a lot worse. Haha They are sitting on a powder keg over there.

You did mention just 1 guy left.  Sensabaugh has blasted his staff save one person as well.  I have a feeling this one person may be the same as maybe the only way to save the season and not have the players quit was to retain him.  Thats just my wild guess as Crockett probably doesnt want to lose what money they can still make in football, but also jeopardize their upcoming basketball season as well as Good has them rolling in bball over there.

37 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

You did mention just 1 guy left.  Sensabaugh has blasted his staff save one person as well.  I have a feeling this one person may be the same as maybe the only way to save the season and not have the players quit was to retain him.  Thats just my wild guess as Crockett probably doesnt want to lose what money they can still make in football, but also jeopardize their upcoming basketball season as well as Good has them rolling in bball over there.

Who knows...5 wins should get them into the playoffs over there, I would think.  It's a shame for the kids that the work they put in has been sabotaged this late in the season.  Way I see it, unless it comes out that Sensabaugh did something EXTREMELY wrong, all of the suspensions and firing, etc. could've waited until the season was over.  Sounds more like a stubborn administration with big egos to me.  When dealing with a situation like this, kids should come before a pissing contest.

This dumpster fire is giving dumpster fires a bad name. I think that we have finally found a situation that makes Gate City look tame. A bus driver and baseball coach who hasn't coached twenty seconds in a game is now the head coach! Tune in next time when we here the crusty old popcorn salesman say, Hey big man "let me hold the clipboard"

17 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Politics aside, it really sucks for the kids that are stuck in the middle of this.

Agreed. Furthermore, many more people getting caught in this crossfire as well. 

Sadly, GS is screaming he is fighting for the kids but now it seems as though he is trying to take out as many people as he himself is sinking. 

12 hours ago, Dick_Vitale said:

GS is acting like a kid now. Be a man, take your termination, and move on. 

GS also let someone have access to his taped meeting with DC admin when he got suspended. Then this guy posted it to his FB. Literally is cringe worthy... Take a listen.

I saw where he had let his buddy post them on facebook yesterday but did not take the time to listen yet.  Whether or not the info on those tapes helps his case it definitely wasnt the smartest way to go about it.

29 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

I saw where he had let his buddy post them on facebook yesterday but did not take the time to listen yet.  Whether or not the info on those tapes helps his case it definitely wasnt the smartest way to go about it.

IMO, it ruins his case. Sure he airs dirty laundry but it makes him sound like a high school kid. Literally sitting in the principal's office talking over her after he is punished for behavior lol. 

I remember when he was arrested while getting his hair cut in Kingsport for having a suspended license several years ago. His car was "suspicious" and was parked outside and they ran the tags and it showed he had a suspended license. I think they found guns too but he had a permit. That deal always seemed odd to me though.

The real victim(s) in all of this are the kids who were enjoying their best season in a decade, and now have to deal with having three head coaches in three weeks -- which is absurd. Can anyone else think of a time/situation where a team went through a similar transition?

4 hours ago, V-Cats said:

The real victim(s) in all of this are the kids who were enjoying their best season in a decade, and now have to deal with having three head coaches in three weeks -- which is absurd. Can anyone else think of a time/situation where a team went through a similar transition?

I believe it was 3 coaches in roughly 4-5 days. 

Why did Qualls get the boot?

56 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

"Failure to unite the team" was the official reason. I assume he retained his teaching position, if indeed he was a teacher. I'd like to see the action justified via the school code of conduct for faculty. 

They'll regret firing a Powell Valley guy. Those dudes are winners.

59 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

From JC Press....

Qualls was dismissed after failing to comply with the administration’s directive to unite the players.

25 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

From JC Press....

Qualls was dismissed after failing to comply with the administration’s directive to unite the players.

25 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

"Failure to unite the team" was the official reason. I assume he retained his teaching position, if indeed he was a teacher. I'd like to see the action justified via the school code of conduct for faculty. 

They'll regret firing a Powell Valley guy. Those dudes are winners.

I mean I read the article... Just assumed someone here knew more info on this. Seems weird that the admin had enough confidence in him to take the reigns after sending GS to the house to then turn around and relieve Qualls of his duties. The admin placed someone in the HC role they had confidence in and this "failure to unite team" is fishy. Curious if anyone had more insight. 

The poor baseball coach though... he is now coaching a team that is decent. Hope the guy is recruiting for this baseball team now!

17 minutes ago, Dick_Vitale said:

I mean I read the article... Just assumed someone here knew more info on this. Seems weird that the admin had enough confidence in him to take the reigns after sending GS to the house to then turn around and relieve Qualls of his duties. The admin placed someone in the HC role they had confidence in and this "failure to unite team" is fishy. Curious if anyone had more insight. 

The poor baseball coach though... he is now coaching a team that is decent. Hope the guy is recruiting for this baseball team now!

Basically, the administration promised the players that if they played nothing would be said to them about skipping practice or about the situation involving Sensabaugh.

Apparently, Qualls chided them on the "what if" they had practiced all week argument. That was viewed as a breaking the promise by the administration. I'm not sure of his exact words.

57 minutes ago, GC_Quincy said:

Qualls apparently made a comment that if they had been at practice instead of protesting then they would've been more prepared. Apparently things got ugly there Friday night.

Well he's not wrong...

4 hours ago, GC_Quincy said:

Qualls apparently made a comment that if they had been at practice instead of protesting then they would've been more prepared. Apparently things got ugly there Friday night.

I always thought Brandon was pretty cool in high school. Regardless of what you think of the situation, I don’t believe he was wrong about it. 

6 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Well he's not wrong...

Some parent on the team will throw them a BBQ and give them trophies for a title they should have won if not for all the adversity they faced. I think the kids were the victims in this pissing contest between and jock head coach and a "that's not the way we do it here" AD but you can't be at practice and having a protest at the same time. Qualls being who he is and where he is from just told it like it was and pissed off someone's little junior and he became the latest victim of the story that has more legs than a centipede.

Trumpet and I both went to HS with Brandon, I played ball w him for like ten years. He's a great guy and he knows football. The fact he wasn't given more leeway is RIDICULOUS. I'm positive he didn't mean anything with that comment other than it's hard to beat a good team without a full week of practice. Fuck the Crockett administration, they're shady AF.

23 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Trumpet and I both went to HS with Brandon, I played ball w him for like ten years. He's a great guy and he knows football. The fact he wasn't given more leeway is RIDICULOUS. I'm positive he didn't mean anything with that comment other than it's hard to beat a good team without a full week of practice. Fuck the Crockett administration, they're shady AF.

It sounds as if he was being honest.