Graham vs Richlands

Graham32

56 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Understood, but as a Giles fan shouldn't you want Graham to win so Giles will get extra rider points? Those extra points maybe could be the difference in a #3 ranking or #4? That would buy you another week before having to travel to Appomattox. 

Yea good point...want to avoid Appomattox at all costs lol

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

You see, I've never understood the phenomenon of cheering for a different school, especially one in your own classification and a possible postseason opponent, simply because their coach is an alumnus of your school.  It's bizarre.  Yet it happens in this weird Giles-Richlands love tryst.

You don't see Graham fans cheering for Gate City because of Akers.  You didn't see UVA fans cheering for Tennessee when Derek Dooley was coaching.  You don't see Oregon State fans cheering for UVA.

Besides, cheering for Richlands in this lopsided rivalry is like cheering for the house in blackjack.

Was Mendenhall at OSU before BYU?

Just now, UVAObserver said:

He graduated from OSU, was a JUCO transfer there from Snow College.

Ah okay. I knew BYU was his first HC gig, unfamiliar with his playing career.

At first I thought you were talking about Bennett, but he was at Washington State before UVA IIRC.

Mance and Blues win the Coin Toss, they take the rock matriculate it down the field , chew the clock and Graham’s on the business end of 7-0, A ten year, 12 game losing streak..... 80 % mental, I remember the nuclear implosion Graham had at Richlands 2 years ago, and the two melt downs last year....  

Richlands has one stat that I thought was poignant and will prove to be pivotal tomorrow night 

31 minutes ago, trevorpilkins said:

Mance and Blues win the Coin Toss, they take the rock matriculate it down the field , chew the clock and Graham’s on the business end of 7-0, A ten year, 12 game losing streak..... 80 % mental, I remember the nuclear implosion Graham had at Richlands 2 years ago, and the two melt downs last year....  

Richlands has one stat that I thought was poignant and will prove to be pivotal tomorrow night 

Haven't done much matriculating down the field this year and Mance doesn't chew the clock.  If the G-Men get a chance to hang 40 points or more, they will.

23 minutes ago, EH31 said:

& that stat is?

Ronnie Davis and Blues Defense held Cousin,s who is / was a great running back , to less rushing yards than JLA 7 last year ?  . Mance called 2 quarters of 2 different games perfectly to overcome deficit.  Think Palmer’s done a great job, and Graham is talented and has a great team , but think Mance is playing chess, and Graham isn’t gonna reinvent the wheel? 

3 minutes ago, trevorpilkins said:

Ronnie Davis and Blues Defense held Cousin,s who is / was a great running back , to less rushing yards than JLA 7 last year ?  . Mance called 2 quarters of 2 different games perfectly to overcome deficit.  Think Palmer’s done a great job, and Graham is talented and has a great team , but think Mance is playing chess, and Graham isn’t gonna reinvent the wheel? 

A lot easier to play chess with all your pawns on the board. Last year isn't this year. Both teams are way different. 

So, Im confused why the stats of two players that have graduated will be pivotal to tomorrow nights game? 

7 minutes ago, trevorpilkins said:

??????

Richlands offensive play calls allowed pocket passer quarter back to out rush a great running back.  Richlands qb a lot more mobile than last year.  Graham should be undefeated this year, Richlands defensive play calls and execution  vs Grahams offensive play calls, lead to Blues  holding shifty Meade in check, and lead to Cousins being out rushed by JLA7 . 

Same play callers on all sides.   

10 minutes ago, trevorpilkins said:

Richlands offensive play calls allowed pocket passer quarter back to out rush a great running back.  Richlands qb a lot more mobile than last year.  Graham should be undefeated this year, Richlands defensive play calls and execution  vs Grahams offensive play calls, lead to Blues  holding shifty Meade in check, and lead to Cousins being out rushed by JLA7 . 

Candy Gram for Mongo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Image result for Candy Gram for Mongo

37 minutes ago, trevorpilkins said:

JLA was able to pick up those yards because 

1. Richlands had a ridiculous pass offense that kept Graham (and every other team) on their heels and in coverage. Of course that's going to open running lanes. 

2. He had to be the one to run through those running lanes because Richlands went all year without even trying to establish a running back. 

3. Graham's secondary was keeping Richlands' receivers in check. He didn't have anyone open to throw it to and had threw 2 interceptions by the time he started getting QB runs called for him. But by him running the ball That opened up the pass later in the game. 

I get what you're saying though. Richlands out coached graham last year, two times. That's not debatable. But last year Graham/Richlands were very close to being on the same talent level with Richlands having a little more top to bottom. This year most would agree that Graham is a step ahead in talent.

It's great they held Cousin to a low rushing yardage but that doesn't change the fact that they had to comeback from 3 scores down to win the game. JLA and his receivers could do that last year. But what about this year?

Richlands offense hasn't scored more than 2 touchdowns in a game all season. Their passing offense has struggled and if what I read was true, they'll be missing their top 2 receivers. Their defense has kept them in games but they're not as good as last year in my opinion. Union, Blacksburg, Byrd, & Bluefield all had good yardage totals.

i think Richlands will give Graham a good game but it's not as simple as "look what Richlands did last year". 

10 hours ago, trevorpilkins said:

But different players, too...

Our country's fascination with beat downs amazes me. This game will be less competitive than McGregor-Mayweather. No doubt Mance is a great, hall of fame worthy coach, but this year he just doesn't have the Jimmies and Joes. I'm sure if he sticks around that will change. But tonight Prince Palmer becomes the King of Tazewell County and Graham marches on to bigger and better things. Bring on Union and Appomattox. No offense to Marion, well I guess it is, but Marion doesn't come within three touchdowns of Graham. Football is fun in Bluefields right now! If I gave you Gate City's win total +1/2 against state championships the Cities of Bluefield win this year who do you got? 

Graham 41 Richlands 10