Week 6 Updates

SWVAgridiron

VH is good all over the field and all units are very good, except their Defensive Line is NOWHERE near the caliber of Central, Ridgeview, Union, or Graham.  Spotwood had the 2nd and 13 with the fumble which lost yards, but no problem, two runs later from about 40 yds out and TD.  Spotswood I am SURE has over 350 yds rushing in this game.

3 minutes ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

Damn, hate to hear that! My boy just got released from his acl! Hate that for him 

Hate it for the kid, but fortunately for him, he's going to be playing D1 football and is good enough to possibly...possibly have a chance of getting some serious loot on Sunday's in the future.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

You're right. I figure GC gets 3/4 wins and had hoped Richlands could get to the same but doesn't seem possible. Seems like Richlands has quit. 

They showed more heart tonight than they have all season. They certainly haven’t quit. 

2 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

I watched Abingdon play TN High on TV and I was impressed with how well rounded Abingdon was. They got weapons all over the the place, plenty of size, good coaching. Not too many weak points this season for them.

Abingdon is like Ridgeview.  Offensive minds or whoever is running their offense just on a different level than their peers.  Simple as that.  Well coached.

11 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

F - Gate City 30, Lebanon 21

Good effort Pioneers, especially with all the injuries to key players.  

Rest up,  get healthy and get ready to beat Northwood next Friday for homecoming. 

First offensive play for Spotswood with about 1.5 minutes left, 60 yds TD run, but runner stepped out at the 3, so they scored on the next play.  I will be interested to see the stats in this one.  Spotswood may actually have 400 yds rushing.  

49-35 VH leads with just over a minute left.  Game all but over.  An incredible effort by the Bearcats offensively.  Defensively, an F.

1 minute ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

I know Travis Turner & Nick Johnson are good buddies. Maybe that explains why this game went the way it did.

Could be. I will say this...Turner has great sportsmanship. I watched him go for a 4th and 10 or so on our own 15 just so Gretna had the chance to score in 2015. If you don't score on Union, you might as well cancel the season.

29 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

They showed more heart tonight than they have all season. They certainly haven’t quit. 

This we agree on.  They certainly haven't quit, but because this is true, it points to the true problem and that's lack of talent and that isn't easily or quickly fixed.

56 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

My brother in law helps coach there and he thought they was gonna have a decent season

Jerry or Joel I assume?  They have everything you need to be successful.  Happy for them. All but one game a year.  😛