Week 10 updates.

Real Sasquatch

6 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I don't know.  Just going by what UVAObserver posted in the Ridgeview vs Bluefield thread.  He wrote that if RV were to lose to Bluefield, then RV would be the 3 seed, Union the 2, and Central 1.  My question is, does this do anything with Tazewell and Richlands.  Richlands lost tonight and Tazewell won.  My understanding is from what I've read, they are taking the top 4 in each district by power ranking, not district record?  

I did a quick number check with tonight's results and next week's projections. Central would barely outpoint Union for 1st, and Ridgeview would be the three.

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

I guess TW losing tonight vs twin springs hurts unions chances a little?

Unfortunately! Looks like we will be tied with Central for 1st. Not sure if the tie breaker goes to them on head to head or not.

4 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Supposedly district record with PPs as the tie breaker.

Well then that's all done.  It's Richlands as the 3.  They beat Tazewell, and neither of them beat or beating VH or Graham, and neither are losing to Marion or Lebanon, so Richlands is the 3 seed then.  Forget about Lebanon, I don't even know if they are still in the district or if they even play Richlands or Tazewell, but it's the same.  Richlands is the 3 seed then, if going by district record first, it doesn't matter if Tazewell outpoints them.

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

The only district win Tazewell has is Marion. I don’t see how they finish 3rd over Richlands with 2 district wins even if Richlands loses to VA High, they still have two wins. 

That was based on PPs. District record would be Richlands.

Just now, Union_Fan said:

That was based on PPs. District record would be Richlands.

PP only matter in district standings if there’s a tie, right? In the case, PP are the same, the higher seed goes to who won head on head, I believe but I’m no expert. 😂

12 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I don't know.  Just going by what UVAObserver posted in the Ridgeview vs Bluefield thread.  He wrote that if RV were to lose to Bluefield, then RV would be the 3 seed, Union the 2, and Central 1.  My question is, does this do anything with Tazewell and Richlands.  Richlands lost tonight and Tazewell won.  My understanding is from what I've read, they are taking the top 4 in each district by power ranking, not district record?  

District record is what AD and principals have explained. Power points do not come into play until 3rd round host. 

1 minute ago, FoxTrot said:

District record is what AD and principals have explained. Power points do not come into play until 3rd round host. 

I heard if everyone in Region 2D gets 10 games in they will seed by power points.

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

PP only matter in district standings if there’s a tie, right? In the case, PP are the same, the higher seed goes to who won head on head, I believe but I’m no expert. 😂

That's the assumption I'm under, but who knows!

In a normal year, if there is a tie in district record then there are co-champs regardless of head to head.

Possiblity that Central and Union finish in a tie for district and overall record plus powerpoints.

2 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Is this crap just for this season because it's pretty stupid.  

This is what admin agreed on for 2D this year…I would assume it moves back to traditional power points next season. 

Just now, FoxTrot said:

This is what admin agreed on for 2D this year…I would assume it moves back to traditional power points next season. 

I hope so.  Everyone has played enough games were it shouldn't be changed this year.

24 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

now? Same as b4. Neither played a SWD game tonight.

Are they going strictly off district standings?

Never mind. Hard to catch it all while heading home

Edited by stu_bean

FoxTrot, what about round 2?  I understand that round 3, the region title game is determined by power points.  But what about round two?  Take the following scenario, and just an assumption, tell me who Graham would play in round two if the following occurs in Round 1.

1 Graham vs 4 Gate City (Graham wins)  2 VA High vs 3 Ridgeview (Ridgeview wins)  2 Union vs 3 Richlands (Union wins)  1 Central vs 4 Tazewell (Central Wins)

Who does Graham play in round two if the above happens?  Does Graham get to play the lowest remaining seed left for round two which would be Ridgeview, or does Graham automatically play the winner of one of the other 2 games?  Same thing applies for Central, who would they play in round 2?

3 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

FoxTrot, what about round 2.  I understand that round 3, the region title game is determined by power points.  But what about round two.  Take the following scenario, and just an assumption, tell me who Graham would play in round two if the following occurs in Round 1.

1 Graham vs 4 Gate City (Graham wins)  2 VA High vs 3 Ridgeview (Ridgeview wins)  2 Union vs 3 Richlands (Union wins)  1 Central vs 4 Tazewell (Central Wins)

Who does Graham play in round two if the above happens?  Does Graham get to play the lowest remaining seed left for round two which would be Ridgeview, or does Graham automatically play the winner of one of the other 2 games?

Graham would play Union if they are doing cross bracket. Central vs Ridgeview is my guess. 

1 minute ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

FoxTrot, what about round 2.  I understand that round 3, the region title game is determined by power points.  But what about round two.  Take the following scenario, and just an assumption, tell me who Graham would play in round two if the following occurs in Round 1.

Who does Graham play in round two if the above happens?  Does Graham get to play the lowest remaining seed left for round two which would be Ridgeview, or does Graham automatically play the winner of one of the other 2 games?

To my understanding it would go like this:

Swd1 vs Mtn4  winner plays winner of Mtn2 vs SWd 3

Mtn1 vs SW4 winner plays winner of sw2 vs Mtn 3

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham would play Union if they are doing cross bracket. 

And that's my question.  Are the cross bracketing for round two.  In that scenario Gridiron, if Graham played Union, Central would then play Ridgeview.  Ridgeview is a 3 seed and Union is a 2 seed, and Graham had a higher power rating than Central, so why would Central get to play, or deserve to play, the lower seed instead of Graham?  Now, if the rules are they are crossbracketing and Graham would automatically play Union, I get it.  If that's the rules, it's the rules, but you can see where those rules aren't exactly fair, and how can it be called crossbracketing if one district wins 3 of the first 4 games?