Week 10 updates.

Real Sasquatch

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Horrible non targeting call here at the fort. Even FC coach came over to check on player then called for ambulance and the emts just casually walk down the field with no sense of urgency. 

Bulldog radio says clean hit, nothing illegal about it. Hope Jared is alright though. I hate to see any player get hurt. 

2 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

For Union, your culture is so far or so swung to being run oriented that it's just far to much of an outdated system in 2021 when teams can score so quick with the pass.  You can still be heavily run oriented, but Union's culture is so skewed to the run that when they get into a situation where they have to pass, it's like pouring water on an electrical circuit.  So many times, defenses just sell out on first down and it's almost like a goal line defense in anticipation of the run, and so many times against good teams, Union finds themselves at 2nd and 9, and this just can cripple drives.  Where Union needs a culture change is installing a conservative pass, even a simple hitch on some of those first downs to keep the defense from just stacking the box.  Don't have to be a passing team, but they at least need a short effective efficient passing game that can't always come from desperation, but should sometimes, occasionally, come as a first choice.

Down 23-0, threw zero passes.

until Union realizes that damn T is not the only way to move the ball, they'll never win any hardware outside the region. The most effective drive all night came from the gun. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

Bulldog radio says clean hit, nothing illegal about it. Hope he’s alright though. 

Was a bad hit and the player hit with the helmet to helmet and bad landing to make it worse. Will be taken off in ambulance 

Just now, stu_bean said:

Was a bad hit and the player hit with the helmet to helmet and bad landing to make it worse. Will be taken off in ambulance 

I’m just relaying what is being said on radio by Tazewell announcers. They said Jared elevated to try to get the pass and it was a clean hit and has been a clean played game. I’m not watching, only know what they’re saying. Hopefully, he’s alright. It’s awful when any player is taken off in ambulance. Praying it just a precaution & he’s fine. 

Bluefield recovers the onside kick and will now run out the clock to get the win 21-19.  One heck of a football game as Ridgeview battled.  Ridgeview as one of their fans said, has trouble coping with the fact that they are a passing team.  I agree.  RV was hurting Bluefield badly with the pass in the 2nd half, but ran it far to much in the first half.

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Down 23-0, threw zero passes.

until Union realizes that damn T is not the only way to move the ball, they'll never win any hardware outside the region. The most effective drive all night came from the gun. 

The frustrating part is there is so much more that could be run out of the T. And yes including a passing game Travis lived in the T and threw the ball well and alot. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’m just relaying what is being said on radio by Tazewell announcers. They said Jared elevated to try to get the pass and it was a clean hit and has been a clean played game. I’m not watching, only know what they’re saying. Hopefully, he’s alright. It’s awful when any player is taken off in ambulance. Praying it just a precaution & he’s fine. 

Elevated and was hit and did a cartwheel with a bad hit. It was the other player that hit him that should have been called

There is no way in the world anyone can convince me that the Beavers kid at WR for Ridgeview isn't major D1.  How in the he## can any college recruiter watch the film of this game and not see that.  He absolutely TOYED with the Bluefield secondary and Bluefield has about 3 sub-under 10.5 100 meter guys in that defensive backfield.  This kid is a damn freak!