Week 10 updates.

Real Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

Welcome to our 11th year of frustrating football at Union, where we excel at underachieving. 🙄

The thing is, Union has a good team. Good tradition. But I have noticed people in Big Stone Gap that won’t hear anything critical about Union. I get that you should support the kids and Union does a good job of it. But the fans I have seen outside of the board won’t hear constructive criticism. 

I've always thought Freddy Simon and Staff were a great staff.  They are very good, but man oh man, poor preparation or ignorance, one of the two.  They continue to play Beavers one on one and as good and fast as Flack and J. Green from Beaver is, Beavers at WR is on another planet.  Why, Freddy Simon has continued to play this kid one on one all game without help over the top, I just don't understand it.  It's obvious, they can not cover him one on one and with proper film study, they should have seen that before kickoff.

Just now, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

The thing is, Union has a good team. Good tradition. But I have noticed people in Big Stone Gap that won’t hear anything critical about Union. I get that you should support the kids and Union does a good job of it. But the fans I have seen outside of the board won’t hear constructive criticism. 

Fans of other teams are the same

7 minutes ago, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

We're all homers, what can I say! Lol

I think it comes from years of being spoiled with great teams from both PV and Appy.

2 minutes ago, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

Look at my Vols. Fellow UT fans called for Fulmer’s head for a few years. Now we’re cursed. I do see good things on the horizon. 

Definitely another that comes to mind. 

For Union, your culture is so far or so swung to being run oriented that it's just far to much of an outdated system in 2021 when teams can score so quick with the pass.  You can still be heavily run oriented, but Union's culture is so skewed to the run that when they get into a situation where they have to pass, it's like pouring water on an electrical circuit.  So many times, defenses just sell out on first down and it's almost like a goal line defense in anticipation of the run, and so many times against good teams, Union finds themselves at 2nd and 9, and this just can cripple drives.  Where Union needs a culture change is installing a conservative pass, even a simple hitch on some of those first downs to keep the defense from just stacking the box.  Don't have to be a passing team, but they at least need a short effective efficient passing game that can't always come from desperation, but should sometimes, occasionally, come as a first choice.