Week 10 updates.

Real Sasquatch

Just now, GilesDavis4321 said:

And that's my question.  Are the cross bracketing for round two.  In that scenario Gridiron, if Graham played Union, Central would then play Ridgeview.  Ridgeview is a 3 seed and Union is a 2 seed, and Graham had a higher power rating than Central, so why would Central get to play, or deserve to play, the lower seed instead of Graham?  Now, if the rules are they are crossbracketing and Graham would automatically play Union, I get it.  If that's the rules, it's the rules, but you can see where those rules aren't exactly fair.

I totally agree about the fairness of it but I think it's what admin/ADs agreed to. I could be mistaken.

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

I totally agree about the fairness of it but I think it's what admin/ADs agreed to. I could be mistaken.

That's cool too.  If it's already agreed upon that that's the way it is, then that's the way it is.  I was just curious.  The more fair way to do it would be to "reseed" in round two, but if they agreed to that format, then rules are rules.

2 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

So it's looking like for Union to make it to State all they have to do is beat Richlands Graham Central and Appomattox.  Piece of cake lol!! Geez

If any Region D team ends up at state, they will have run (played) the gauntlet of all gauntlets to get there and likely face a Goliath in King William. 

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Been yelling about that for years now. That's why Union wastes so many TOs and get so many delays. Running the freaking QB to sideline every play is absurd

As on old watcher of Clintwood football, I feel your pain with that one. 

1 minute ago, Wolf1207 said:

As on old watcher of Clintwood football, I feel your pain with that one. 

I just don't understand. I get that a coach likes to talk to his QB between plays but when it leads to constant timeouts being wasted, delays of game, rushed snaps, etc....youd consider a different system. But that's Turners system, for better or worse. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

I just don't understand. I get that a coach likes to talk to his QB between plays but when it leads to constant timeouts being wasted, delays of game, rushed snaps, etc....youd consider a different system. But that's Turners system, for better or worse. 

That's one of the carziest things I see around here. There are a lot of good coaches, but clock management seems to be a weakness.  Like the Rv game tonight. We have a player late getting in on an extra point.  Less than a minute to go with all 3 time outs. Instead of taking the 5 yard delay of game we call a t.o.  leaving us with only 2 and Blufield is able to kneel out on 3rd down instead of having to try and get the 1st.

32 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:
From the left coast...

Inglewood 86 morningside 0 . . . . .at the half

Inglewood high beat morningside 106 -0 tonight . . . . . Rivalry games bring out the savage in people

That was sweet of them to only score 20 in 2nd half.  Why play a team like that 🙄

7 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

That's one of the carziest things I see around here. There are a lot of good coaches, but clock management seems to be a weakness.  Like the Rv game tonight. We have a player late getting in on an extra point.  Less than a minute to go with all 3 time outs. Instead of taking the 5 yard delay of game we call a t.o.  leaving us with only 2 and Blufield is able to kneel out on 3rd down instead of having to try and get the 1st.

Yes, that extra point was basically meaningless, and what is 5 yards for a delay of game in that situation?  Save the timeout and take the 5-yard penalty.

10 hours ago, rabidbeaver said:

Not area related but Martinsburg lost to Spring Valley tonight 35-30.

That's a shocker!!!  Martinsburg beat Salem earlier in the season...

3 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:
From Illinois...

Springfield beats Rock Island, 94-72 in the Class 6A first round, setting the all-time record for most combined points (166) in a playoff game.

Defense optional game...

17 minutes ago, GMan said:

That's a shocker!!!  Martinsburg beat Salem earlier in the season...

Martinsburg also beat Highlands Springs High School, a 5A school out of Richmond, VA who has won the state championship in the past 4 out of 5 years if I'm not mistaken. They are currently 6-3 so far this season.