Galax vs Riverheads

Gridiron60

1 hour ago, T8KNDookeez said:

What's the story with RH? I've heard rumors about their enrollment count. Can anyone elaborate? 

Augusta County makes tweaks to its district boundaries annually to keep their schools at the very top of their respective classifications.  There are a couple of moles in the VHSL office in Charlottesville who will leak enrollment figures to local jurisdictions before they become official.  

They don’t even try to hide it anymore.  This last cycle, the 3 largest 3A schools were Charlottesville (historically a 5A school), Monticello (historically a small 3A school), and Western Albemarle (historically a middle of the road 3A school).

On 12/5/2021 at 10:27 PM, Red Rabbit said:

Sore losers ! If you can't win , they must be cheating . That's the bottom line !

What happened between 2011~ and 2014??? You never made it to the title game once and only had 3 appearances before then.

What change in 2015 and is still happening now?

1 hour ago, TwhscoachT said:

What happened between 2011~ and 2014??? You never made it to the title game once and only had 3 appearances before then.

What change in 2015 and is still happening now?

1A teams that have large numbers have little depth past the first string . To win it all you have to have luck on your side . Injury free , good weather for what you do and bad weather for the other teams . Also a more seasoned coach who watches the musical chairs of other coaches . With the rotation of coaches the team starts over again . Riverheads has had some bad luck a few times and imo would have 2 or 3 more titles had things been different . Death and injury to key players over the years in the playoffs have been the reason for some of the seasons early exit. I am on the outside looking in so its jmo .

2 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

1A teams that have large numbers have little depth past the first string . To win it all you have to have luck on your side . Injury free , good weather for what you do and bad weather for the other teams . Also a more seasoned coach who watches the musical chairs of other coaches . With the rotation of coaches the team starts over again . Riverheads has had some bad luck a few times and imo would have 2 or 3 more titles had things been different . Death and injury to key players over the years in the playoffs have been the reason for some of the seasons early exit. I am on the outside looking in so its jmo .

Raise your hand... you will get that later

Just now, Red Rabbit said:

Riverheads has had a string of very good football players the last few years and the next team up does not want to fail . jmo

56 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

Don't know much about both squads except that Graham walked the dog on Galax..

Riverheads by 21+

Walked the dog on Galax? Was only up 7 nothing at the half and won 28-0 with one of the scores coming from a blocked punt from a kid who had never punted in a game before.  We may have different ideas on what walking the dog on someone is. 

1 hour ago, Graham32 said:

Don't know much about both squads except that Graham walked the dog on Galax..

Riverheads by 21+

9 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Walked the dog on Galax? Was only up 7 nothing at the half and won 28-0 with one of the scores coming from a blocked punt from a kid who had never punted in a game before.  We may have different ideas on what walking the dog on someone is. 

Not to mention didn’t Galax have like 6 starters out due to Covid . And they held Bradshaw to minus total yardage!!!  Don’t get me wrong Graham was the better team that night  but don’t think you can say walking the dog there.lol

1 hour ago, Topper22 said:

Not to mention didn’t Galax have like 6 starters out due to Covid . And they held Bradshaw to minus total yardage!!!  Don’t get me wrong Graham was the better team that night  but don’t think you can say walking the dog there.lol

What if Bradshaw had a bad night? Since we’re just assuming and all….6 starters out or not Graham still won 28-0 that’s walking the dog 

3 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

What if Bradshaw had a bad night? Since we’re just assuming and all….6 starters out or not Graham still won 28-0 that’s walking the dog 

What if the Galax defense had something to do with that bad night? Since we're just assuming and all......

Congratulations, you beat up on a school half your size, missing 6 starters. Good luck Saturday.

30 minutes ago, sixcat said:

What if the Galax defense had something to do with that bad night? Since we're just assuming and all......

Congratulations, you beat up on a school half your size, missing 6 starters. Good luck Saturday.

Okay maybe I went over the top with the whole “walking the dog” it was competitive in the first half but Graham handled business after that. 

Just now, Graham32 said:

Okay maybe I went over the top with the whole “walking the dog” it was competitive in the first half but Graham handled business after that. 

As they should. I don't think any rational person would expect Galax to win that game. But be willing to give credit where credit is due. Galax held Graham to their season low in points with almost half the student enrolment, missing 6 starters, and a roster of 30 players. 

28 minutes ago, sixcat said:

As they should. I don't think any rational person would expect Galax to win that game. But be willing to give credit where credit is due. Galax held Graham to their season low in points with almost half the student enrolment, missing 6 starters, and a roster of 30 players. 

Yeah credit them for playing Graham tough. 

As far as Galax/Graham game, with six starters out, that’s a hard row to hoe. I hope KW isn’t as successful containing Bradshaw. I wish Galax best of luck Saturday! I want them to win about as bad as I want Graham to win!  Give ‘em you know what Maroon Tide! 

On 12/7/2021 at 5:37 PM, Gridiron60 said:

As far as Galax/Graham game, with six starters out, that’s a hard row to hoe. I hope KW isn’t as successful containing Bradshaw. I wish Galax best of luck Saturday! I want them to win about as bad as I want Graham to win!  Give ‘em you know what Maroon Tide! 

I'm not convinced KWs defense is much better than Galax's defense. Offensively, far better, but defensively, if KWs defense is better, it isn't by much.

Galax has been good enough the past few years to have won probably 2 more state titles in the normal history of VA single A or class 1 ball, and they've been unfortunate enough to have a great run during the time that Riverheads is now flirting with national win streaks and VA HS all time type records. It's kind of bad luck in a way for Galax who is an absolutely elite class 1 program.