Lee High @ Union

UnionGuy2017

14 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Do the generals have anything for the Bears? As a Union fan, if this gets out of hand quickly I think you leave your starters in for as long as possible. So much youth and inexperience, especially in the secondary. 

I say leave the starters in until there is a comfortable lead.  Let the youth get a little playing time, if possible.

6 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Changing course here a little bit, but why did Lee and Thomas Walker travel to Wise to play a benefit game?

Thomas walker had a horrible contractor that left the field unseeded after installing the new sprinklers.

Lee high is in the process of painting their Track and did not want to ruin that. 

Pennington does not have working bathrooms. 

Basically a lot of things out of our power that came to a head. You really can't get anyone to work anywhere. 

3 hours ago, TwhscoachT said:

Thomas walker had a horrible contractor that left the field unseeded after installing the new sprinklers.

Lee high is in the process of painting their Track and did not want to ruin that. 

Pennington does not have working bathrooms. 

Basically a lot of things out of our power that came to a head. You really can't get anyone to work anywhere. 

Is Jonesville still used for anything? Man, it's been a day or two since I've been through there. 

9 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Was the 6-6 score with TW with the starters in the whole game or did they get pulled because I actually thought Lee would win comfortably and then was surprised when I see it was a tie.

Starters for both got pulled in the 4th. Lee had a long score called back and dropped a wide open TD in the 2nd qtr. A ton of penalties for the generals too that need to be cleaned up if they want to be marginally close to Union this week. But Thomas walker is much improved than the last few years. #40 Spears is a stud for the Pioneers. I credit coach Hall for running a good offense too. Dude knows how to coach. Not a coincidence that Castlewood had their best season a few years ago when he was at the helm of the offense. Same for Lee last year. 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:57 AM, generallyspeaking said:

Starters for both got pulled in the 4th. Lee had a long score called back and dropped a wide open TD in the 2nd qtr. A ton of penalties for the generals too that need to be cleaned up if they want to be marginally close to Union this week. But Thomas walker is much improved than the last few years. #40 Spears is a stud for the Pioneers. I credit coach Hall for running a good offense too. Dude knows how to coach. Not a coincidence that Castlewood had their best season a few years ago when he was at the helm of the offense. Same for Lee last year. 

I agree TW looked much improved. Hall has done a good job with those guys.

I definitely look for Lee to be better than last year. How much better remains to be seen. Union has plenty to work on this week. If they get all the blocking errors resolved, it won't be close. I won't be surprised if the Bears give up some long pass plays. Bears 35 Lee 14.

If unions secondary is as rough as I have heard on this board expect Coach Carroll to take full advantage of that with a wide open passing attack. It could end up being a shoot out if see can keep pace and Union stalls out self inflicted penalties or fumbles. If it is one one score game late in the 4th and Lee has the ball with a chance to win I would be very nervous as a Union fan. 

I think it will be closer than it has been in the last few years, within 2 scores. Lee could open up the pass game on Unions young secondary. I just don’t think Lee can stop the run so it may come down to who gets the ball last. Whoever controls the defensive and special teams will get the nudge. 35-21 or 42-28 Union says my brain but my bias says Generals 49-42 lol. 

16 minutes ago, generallyspeaking said:

I think it will be closer than it has been in the last few years, within 2 scores. Lee could open up the pass game on Unions young secondary. I just don’t think Lee can stop the run so it may come down to who gets the ball last. Whoever controls the defensive and special teams will get the nudge. 35-21 or 42-28 Union says my brain but my bias says Generals 49-42 lol. 

Hoping for a game like that! When Lee/Union games are competitive they are some of the most entertaining. 2013/14 come to mind. 

1 hour ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Hoping for a game like that! When Lee/Union games are competitive they are some of the most entertaining. 2013/14 come to mind. 

Good year of football for the Generals. When Lee had Houston Sage at QB they were on fire. Union was loaded with talent across the board  

2 hours ago, generallyspeaking said:

Union secondary just got younger too, lost a Sr. starter for a few weeks.  At this points might as well start all freshmen in secondary

28 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Union secondary just got younger too, lost a Sr. starter for a few weeks.  At this points might as well start all freshmen in secondary

Who did they lose? I thought they had one coming back from last year.

46 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I’m hearing good things about one freshman in particular, Keith Chandler. That dude is stocky and runs downhill. I remember him being a beast in little league.