2022 Round 1 Regional Playoffs Score Updates!

Gridiron60

13 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

RV did not play dirty.  The fake field goal was a little much I agree. I thought 30 gets you a running clock anyway.  
RV played a great game considering the conditions on the ridge.  The offense is getting a lot better and they are getting very confident.  Hopefully, they will play next Saturday as I’m afraid it’ll be another fog bowl if they don’t.  

Gonna rewatch the plays but felt it was pretty even on the hard hits and extra curricular activities. I’ll say this, RV felt that Creasey as a runner wasn’t physical but wouldn’t duck out of bounds so they wanted to make him feel those rushes.  Now the game is over I’ll also say the O’Quinn kid was hyper dialed in on this game and the QB matchup. “After today, I don’t want to hear this debate again”.  Kid is competitive as hell.  

15 minutes ago, R0cketer said:

There is a risk/reward thing there, sometimes it can come off as a bit much but with the chance to get fast clock, it can help because you keep players off the field more, reduce chance of injuries on something stupid.  

Didn't think about it that way but good point

4 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Gonna rewatch the plays but felt it was pretty even on the hard hits and extra curricular activities. I’ll say this, RV felt that Creasey as a runner wasn’t physical but wouldn’t duck out of bounds so they wanted to make him feel those rushes.  Now the game is over I’ll also say the O’Quinn kid was hyper dialed in on this game and the QB matchup. “After today, I don’t want to hear this debate again”.  Kid is competitive as hell.  

Don't have a problem with hard hits, it's the late or high hits. Do I think O'Quinn is better, no. They are about even. RV o line is what wins it for him

5 minutes ago, BBHoops_18 said:

Okay yeah in the region. I thought you meant state.

Until Ridgeview lost to Bluefield, both teams were actually ranked 1st and 2nd in the state in one of the polls.  So, both were 1 and 2 in the region, but up until the Bluefield loss, both were 1 and 2 in one of the state polls for a big portion of the season.  Graham remained number one in one of the Virginia polls until the playoffs started, and after that, that poll stops.

39 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Congrats to Region D Class 2 Coach of the Year Jeremy Houseright and the win against Union.  Houseright is dam* good guys.  As long as he's there, Gate City is going to be a major problem in the M7.  A major problem.  It's coming.  They aren't going to take a step back either.  They are only going to get better and better.  For that team to start out like it did 0-2 and lose by 50 points to Radford, and then real off 8 out of 9 wins with one of those being a playoff game and two wins over Union on the year, and to come from where they were last year.  He has to be coach of the year in the region.  I know Palmer and staff are good, but Graham returned bucket loads of talent as did Ridgeview.  

Remarkable job by Houseright and Staff at Gate City this year.  

Its not a feel good award or comeback player of the year award. Tony Palmer has lost a lot of talent and still dominates the region. Houseright will get his shot next week. 

Just now, Gmen2021 said:

Its not a feel good award or comeback player of the year award. Tony Palmer has lost a lot of talent and still dominates the region. Houseright will get his shot next week. 

I agree, it's not a feel good award or comeback player of the year award.  I don't think Houseright needs to win next week to "have his shot."  I think he called his shot already, but just my opinion.  We will see how it plays out.  

6 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

Houseright will get it because GC has been bad for years and had a good season not because he's a better coach than Palmer

Just now, goose111874 said:

Houseright will get it because GC has been bad for years and had a good season not because he's a better coach than Palmer

He will win it, and he should, because he simply did more with less.  It is an impressive turn around and, Graham didn’t rebuild this year, they reloaded. They added talent from other teams as well.  Ya’ll act like Floyd wasn’t one of Bluefield’s best players.  Correct if I’m wrong but he wasn’t the only transfer was he.  Palmer has done what he was supposed to plus, Palmer’s staff is a big reason he is successful.  All of that has to be, or should be considered.  Gate City almost won the M7 and beat Union twice.  RV was just a bad matchup for them.  

1 minute ago, TValleyDad said:

I think Houseright is a better coach than Palmer.

Me too. That's not to say Palmer is not a good coach.  He's very good, but Houseright is Doug Smith type level imo.  Again, just my opinion.  Gate City's adjustments, blocking schemes, technique is incredibly good.  They don't have the athletes or talent and that shows, but x's and o's wise, on the field, Houseright is the best in Region D in my opinion.

I wouldn’t say either is better per se. I believe Houseright did a more impressive job this year out of necessity. He deserves the reward. 
I don’t think Palmer will complain about not needing to be a genius this season and not getting a reward if they bring home the ultimate prize. What Palmer has done to turn the program around is impressive. He’s enjoying the fruits of that early labor. Maybe Houseright does too.

3 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

I wouldn’t say either is better per se. I believe Houseright did a more impressive job this year out of necessity. He deserves the reward. 
I don’t think Palmer will complain about not needing to be a genius this season and not getting a reward if they bring home the ultimate prize. What Palmer has done to turn the program around is impressive. He’s enjoying the fruits of that early labor. Maybe Houseright does too.

Exactly they're both good coaches I'd take either

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Exactly they're both good coaches I'd take either

They absolutely are both good coaches, but this year, I think Houseright deserves the award for the region and mark this one down......calling my shot here.......Houseright will win the Region D coach of the year award and Palmer will end up winning the Virginia Class 2 Coach of the Year Award.