2022 Round 1 Regional Playoffs Score Updates!

Gridiron60

1 minute ago, tornado99 said:

Does GC just match up favorably with Union? I honestly don’t get it.

This just isn't a very good Union team as some believe.  They're playing 5 or 6 freshman so they're just very young this year

10 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

SWVA schools dominate today in state Cross Country.

Champs Team: Lebanon (Boys), Abingdon (Girls, Boys), George Wythe (Girls), Wise Central (Boys) Individual Champs: Derek Mitchell, Lebanon (Class 1 Boys), Jessi Looney, Grundy (Class 1 Girls), Makaleigh Jessee, Abingdon (Class 3 Girls)

per Tim Hayes Twitter

Union was boys Runner Up

Creasy is hurt, you can see in the deeper passes he is struggling. The couple of late shots he took in 1st half got him

Couple penalties being called on coach but I can't blame him for when he has been after the refs

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

This just isn't a very good Union team as some believe.  They're playing 5 or 6 freshman so they're just very young this year

After seeing Union beat Richlands handily after Richlands beat GC, then the other Union scores and comparing them to GC’s close wins and last week’s blowout, I’m just surprised. I thought game 1 was a fluke.

2 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

It’s sad when a head coach gets an unsportsmanlike. Shows why Tazewell is undisciplined as they are. 

The two in particular were a clipping hit towards the head of creasy and the wrestling supplex on the rb earlier so I can understand 

2 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

The two in particular were a clipping hit towards the head of creasy and the wrestling supplex on the rb earlier so I can understand 

I was watching on NFHS and saw the hit at the end of the half, I thought he was down before the 2nd defender hit him. 

3 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Does anyone from Union know why we're not kicking deep instead of 20 yards

Must be worried about the big return. Defense has played stout so far, no need to take a chance on a big play. 

6 minutes ago, redtiger said:

I was watching on NFHS and saw the hit at the end of the half, I thought he was down before the 2nd defender hit him. 

Was right in front of me and will confirm that. Some might say payback but I'm sorry, should never try to hurt someone 

1 minute ago, stu_bean said:

Was right in front of me and will confirm that. Some might say payback but I'm sorry should never try to hurt someone 

This has most dirtiest play I have seen. It looks thru out game. They was looking hurt creasy. I seen couple hits to head of creasy. 

17 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Creasy is hurt, you can see in the deeper passes he is struggling. The couple of late shots he took in 1st half got him

Couple penalties being called on coach but I can't blame him for when he has been after the refs

I don't quite get the call right at the half, might have been better to went to the half down 20 but trying to do something with no time and 60 yards is risky, caused the QB to take a clean hard hit, and didn't look the same afterwards.