Gate City at Graham - Saturday at 1 pm

Pegasus 27

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

Gate City won’t be a cake walk but flashbacks to last year’s game with Union & ending up with a crippled QB, I wasn’t looking forward to playing them, it’s always so physical and both teams get banged up, lol. Union is just tough. I expect Gate City will come to “Mitchell” to play hard too unless they show up at Ernie Hicks and no one is there. 😂😂😂

Well we know where GC PA guy will be sitting in Richlands thinking he's early for game

56 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I think Graham fans breathed a sigh of relief that they don't have to face Union. 

Really???? That's BS. If we were worried about who was next, we wouldn't scrimmage folks like EC Glass. Three straight wins against Union. Should be 5 if not for a suspension. 

10 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

Really???? That's BS. If we were worried about who was next, we wouldn't scrimmage folks like EC Glass. Three straight wins against Union. Should be 5 if not for a suspension. 

I wanted to play union. Because I respect them. To be the best you have to beat the best. And while they were a little down this year they are still tough as nails and will give you all you want.

20 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

So, it's BS because his opinion is different from yours?  

He said Graham fans had  sigh of relief, read his post. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I don't think he should speak for all GMEN fans. I actually laughed at the win.  

54 minutes ago, CPF said:

I wanted to play union. Because I respect them. To be the best you have to beat the best. And while they were a little down this year they are still tough as nails and will give you all you want.

That's what I was referring to.  They have had a few games come down to the last minute. 

1 hour ago, CPF said:

This might be GC. They earned it today. Regardless of the outcome next week, they were as tough or tougher than Union. I still can’t explain it, but saw most of the second half with my own eyes.

I wish this game was Friday night. I’m just a traditionalist. I know Graham’s coaches will have them prepared. They work hard in practice. They need to be super focused on the task at hand though. Gate City will come to play and they are well coached too. The GMen are getting better with penalities. I think the one personal foul Thursday was a late hit but we you’re barreling full speed, it’s sometimes hard to stop on a dime. At least we’re not  getting huge penalty yardage like a few games this year. The defense is tough and offense has many options to get the other team guessing. The line play is strong on offense & defense although I think defense line play is better overall.  I honestly didn’t see Graham making a deep run after the first couple games but they have evolved into a very tough opponent. I give the coaches a lot of credit for that and the players for working so hard. I think they win if they come in focused, limit turnovers, & limit unnecessary penalties. Go GMen!!!! 

Gate City plays tough where it counts.  They don' t have speed demons at all, but they're fast enough and disciplined as well. the great teams they've had in the past were never overly fast, but discipline much the same. They'll be trouble for Graham, but G-men don't rattle too easily.  I hope it comes down to one single possession and just a great game. Good luck to both. 

Graham should win. I’m pulling for them because of Tazewell County and Dennis Palmer, but it’s tough not to root for the underdog that’s been down so long. Football is much better when GC is good. I hope it’s a close game, but fear Graham has way too much talent. I’d like to see the G-men have a tight one to keep them humble.

I think Graham has the advantage and hope they come focused. I saw some weakness in our defense this past week in the middle. We allowed way too many yards with up the middle runs that I haven’t seen in recent games. It was the most yards allowed on our starting defense all season. Can’t have that happen as we move further into playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’m out of reactions, but thanks to all the. Tazewell folks for your support. Graham doesn’t always have the most enthusiastic fan base so some of us appreciate the extra bodies in the stands to support our players! 

I'll be there all the way to Salem, if they make it that far.  When Richlands was making their runs, I was in the stands supporting them also.

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I'll be there all the way to Salem, if they make it that far.  When Richlands was making their runs, I was in the stands supporting them also.

So weird, I was out of reactions a bit ago but it let me like your comment. Same here, if Graham is out, I support our other county teams. 

I know this is sort of a sidetrack to the upcoming game, but Graham looks like they will be in the mix for the next several years, if the coaching staff remains in place.  They should be very good next season and they have some athletes coming up from middle school.  With the strength and conditioning program turning out strong, well conditioned kids, they have that program set up for success for a while to come.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

With the strength and conditioning program turning out strong, well conditioned kids, they have that program set up for success for a while to come.

Can we borrow some of that strength and conditioning program? (Read this while imagining the meme of Dave Chapelle scratching his neck)

1 hour ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Interesting.

Wouldn't look into that at all. This year is the first I can ever remember that the varsity, JV, and middle school were all undefeated at the same time. There is 2001 type talent on the way in the middle school currently. And that's if there's not a single transfer. Graham will remain near the top for another 5 years at least.