Week 5 Scores/Updates

BandanaVTDavis4321

6 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Based on what I've seen in Region D 2A so far, Riverheads & Central Woodstock would take any team from Southwest VA to the woodshed.

I haven't been too impressed with Riverheads or Central either.  I think Radford and Union can play with anybody right now.

15 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Now wait a minute I thought you said whoever won the Bluefield game would be playing for a championship?? 😂 I'm just messin with you. They can still make a run. Getting healthy physically and getting their heads on right will help more than anything.

I may have said that lol I can’t remember but I was definitely wrong in my assessment. 

20 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Based on what I've seen in Region D 2A so far, Riverheads & Central Woodstock would take any team from Southwest VA to the woodshed.

I don’t see any 2a team that’s gonna be able to score enough on Unions defense to be considered taken them to the woodshed but beating them is a different story that’s very possible 

24 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

I still don’t won’t Union to play them in playoffs if Graham is healthier then.  They always seem to improve as the season goes 

There’s not enough season left for the improvements Graham needs to make. That’s the worst O-Line I think I’ve seen for GMen in some time. I thought they would light it up tonight after the loss last week to y’all. It was truly pitiful. Defense was much better as game went on but offense. Undisciplined as heck! They’re missing leadership on the field in my opinion. It’s going to take a complete turn around for my mind to change on them getting out of the region. Yeah, there’s injuries but still…

8 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Oh stop it with that Radford talk. Everybody knows Crist will blow it somehow in the playoffs regardless how much talent they have.😂

What if I told you that Crist was just a decoy and not actually the head coach this year. There’s a masked man that stands at the 10 yard line every game calling the shots. I was able to see his face last week as he took his mask off to sneeze. Low and behold, it was Coach Prime 

My daughter just got home from Auburn. She said the Auburn administration came across the field at halftime and informed Galax they only had 13 healthy players for the second half and would not be finishing the game. 

Maybe they should consider a Bland type schedule for the next few years. 

6 minutes ago, sixcat said:

My daughter just got home from Auburn. She said the Auburn administration came across the field at halftime and informed Galax they only had 13 healthy players for the second half and would not be finishing the game. 

Maybe they should consider a Bland type schedule for the next few years. 

So we get a forfeit next week huh

20 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

There’s not enough season left for the improvements Graham needs to make. That’s the worst O-Line I think I’ve seen for GMen in some time. I thought they would light it up tonight after the loss last week to y’all. It was truly pitiful. Defense was much better as game went on but offense. Undisciplined as heck! They’re missing leadership on the field in my opinion. It’s going to take a complete turn around for my mind to change on them getting out of the region. Yeah, there’s injuries but still…

I agree.  The 0-Line in particular seems to need the most work.   The Defensive line did come around and improve as the game went on.  It's already mid-season and Graham is having some problems that you would expect to see in pre-season or early season.  Not sure if it's too late to fix or not, but the season is halfway over already, going to have to figure it out fast.  

24 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Good Lord, have we no sympathy anymore?

Yeah this one surprised me. Montcalm used to be on the other end of these type of games a lot. Maybe not as bad as this but by enough to think they would no better to do it to someone else! But I guess not.

5 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

JMs defense is legit. But they have no offense. Narrows set them up with that TD off the interception 

Actually our offense has been pretty good up to this point. We scored 45 against Wheeling Central in a rematch of last year’s semifinal game. We scored 54 against Pikeview. We came out flat against Narrows tonight but I also have to give credit to Narrows. They did a good job against us. They are a solid team from top to bottom. That QB is an athlete! I felt sorry for him a little at the end. I bet he wakes up sore in the morning. You have to remember this is just our 3rd game. We played week 1 and had a bye week 2. We played week 3 and had a bye week 4. They are still trying to figure things out. Our offense carried us the first 2 games and our defense was lousy. Tonight it was the complete opposite. I don’t know the strength of the teams Narrow’s has left to play but they better bring their A game to beat Narrows!