Week 6 Scores/Updates

Graham32

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Yes, but Lloyd is on the sideline with his knee wrapped up.  In his first game coming off of injury and his first action of the season.

Hurt it again 2nd series. Hopefully not serious but who knows at this point.

3 hours ago, JDHoss said:

It's an 8 PM kickoff here in The Fort with the Fort Pierce Westwood Panthers  hosting the Okeechobee Brahmans. Both are 3-1 and it's a big district game with 200+ fans...🙄🙄

Brahmans is a pretty cool mascot. Would have thought Okeechobee would be the Bass though. 

8 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Wrestling right after football season last year. I think his first match, torn ACL.  Someone can correct me if that’s wrong. 

Not wrong it was the teams first match of the year.  I think against Pikeview 

Don't knee anything about the young man, but heard he is very good.  I can tell you this from Not a Doc's perspective because I am Not that, but at least from a Pharmacist's perspective and working around a lot of hospitals and orthopedic stuff for years.  If you have ANY player, doesn't matter what age, High School, College, NFL, that has had a torn ACL and had is repaired, and once they resume physical activity in a real game-time situation, and they immediately have an issue with that same knee to where they can't resume activity for that given game that they just returned to action in, it's usually a not so good sign.  Not so good as in....the odds that the ACL graft has torn again/no longer in place is through the roof, OR in this situation, I've seen countless times where the ACL graft/ACL itself is fine, but the new muscle adjustments required stress the MCL or PCL or Meniscus, and one or more of these 3 are newly torn.  Again, pure speculation.  I hope and pray the kid is fine and does well and he may do just that.  There are times when a person just stresses the area after coming back and there is no injury and they do fine. He may be back in action Monday afternoon for all I know and I literally pray to God he is back.  I'm just going by what I've historically seen.  It's overwhelmingly more than not, not a good situation if an injury occurs that soon (literally with the first time being back in a game situation after an ACL surgery, but there is times where the area is just stressed, soreness, not injured at all and they do fine.

Ok guys, I’m gonna clear the air about the questions pertaining to Lloyd from Graham. Yes he tore his ACL in the first period of his first wrestling match in December. ACL was replaced in January. His surgeon made sure he waited a full 9 months post op because studies show that waiting that long reduces the risk of re-injury by 25%. He went above and beyond in his rehab. He passed a VERY DIFFICULT functional test to even be cleared to play again. He had been practicing with limited contact since summer. He was cleared fully Wednesday. He DID NOT wave off either team doctor. What people saw when he got to the sidelines was the pain and frustration that all that work could have been for nothing. He was examined by both doctors multiple times durning the game, and the decision was made to hold him out pending further evaluation. 

4 minutes ago, Number 50 is my dad said:

Ok guys, I’m gonna clear the air about the questions pertaining to Lloyd from Graham. Yes he tore his ACL in the first period of his first wrestling match in December. ACL was replaced in January. His surgeon made sure he waited a full 9 months post op because studies show that waiting that long reduces the risk of re-injury by 25%. He went above and beyond in his rehab. He passed a VERY DIFFICULT functional test to even be cleared to play again. He had been practicing with limited contact since summer. He was cleared fully Wednesday. He DID NOT wave off either team doctor. What people saw when he got to the sidelines was the pain and frustration that all that work could have been for nothing. He was examined by both doctors multiple times durning the game, and the decision was made to hold him out pending further evaluation. 

Prayers for this young man.  

5 minutes ago, Number 50 is my dad said:

Hopefully everything turns out alright after the evaluation.  Getting back on the field after 9 months shows he worked hard during his rehab 

12 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Brahmans is a pretty cool mascot. Would have thought Okeechobee would be the Bass though. 

It's the best local school mascot, with the Fort Pierce Central Cobras coming in 2nd and the Palm Beach Central Broncos in 3rd. 

23 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I thought the radio guys for Graham said he committed to Air Force maybe they said he had just got an offer.

Anyone can commit to a school, doesn't mean they are a take for that school. I mean... I'm committed to VT but that doesn't mean they would let me play.