Week 7 Scores/Updates

Iceman2553

2 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Oh, you're a better man than I.  I have low tolerance for referees that don't fully understand the rules or are scared to throw a flag in a big moment.  I've seen plenty of both. 

I wouldn’t say that. They should be held accountable. Just not blaming them for overall performance. 

1 minute ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I’m just messing with you man, I hate seeing them as bad as they are. I really do. You know them kids have to feel bad. 

Yeah. It baffles me when I feel the Bulldogs underachieving sometimes. I root for them every other game (family ties and location).

1 minute ago, tornado99 said:

I’m honestly impressed by the Wolfpack hanging close to the Bears.

Penalties penalties penalties and yes penalties.  Gotta clean that up.  Had to be over 100 yards not to mention a TD called back 

3 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I’m just messing with you man, I hate seeing them as bad as they are. I really do. You know them kids have to feel bad. 

All teams go through cycles where they are down like that.   I like it when all 3 Tazewell County teams are competitive.

Finals

Poquoson 28, York 6

King William stuns Colonial Heights, 14-6.

Atlavista all over Dan River by a score of 40-22

Appo 42, Nelson County 7

LATE 4th, Gretna trails 35-34 to Magna Vista.  Shocking score.  Probably as much as Christiansburg and Riverheads last week.  This game wasn't supposed to be that close, but the jury was out on Gretna still.  Magna Vista is loaded.

11 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

don't fully understand the rules

They know the rules significant better than 95% of those that paid to attend!!! Those same 95% think they know infinitely more than they actually do. 

18 minutes ago, 1Wingit23 said:

Giles Defense looked extremely strong early. Held Cburg to zero points for an entire half, didn't give up a single point against Blacksburg until the second team went in. Lost a game against Radford that was in no way a competitive contest from the start and then decided to change around the entire defense. Since that game and those Constant personnel/alignment changes weekly, teams have done whatever offensively they've wanted with zero resistance. Common sense would tell you what happened and the solution. Injuries can't be an excuse because we've had all the original starters all season with the exception of tonight. And on that note,  I can assure you that one DB being out didn't give up 49 points again tonight. Heck, we even played Grayson without a safety a lot of times?!?! Couldn't have made it any easier for them

This team showed promise in scrimmage and for the first few games then boom they completely implode. To me it looks like a combination of coaching issues, questionable position changes, defensive alignments and lack of athletes. Hard to overcome all of this. The games against GW and Grayson Co should have been a heck of alot more competitive than they were. Completely dominated by both teams. Giles won't win another game. Galax will come to town and do whatever they want on offense next week. Bluefield will win 50 something to 0, Tazewell more of the same. Fort Chiswell will win by 2 or 3 touchdowns.