New Head Coach at Richlands

Blue Tornado

On 11/24/2023 at 7:17 PM, tornado99 said:

Agreed.

I say hire the man , and on his third year at Richlands we win the state , the pride in our school will be revived and people from out of town will respect the Blue Tornado again ! 

32 minutes ago, land_rider said:

I say hire the man , and on his third year at Richlands we win the state , the pride in our school will be revived and people from out of town will respect the Blue Tornado again ! 

Some obvious holes in your plan, there.

1. He's 66 years old and hasn't coached in 27 years, 28 by the start of next season.
  2. He never once managed to last 3 years in his brief coaching career without being suspended or fired.
  3. Not sure how his past transgressions help anyone from out-of-town respect the Blue Tornado? Likely the exact opposite.

But for sheer entertainment value, what the hell? Hire the man. Should be a hell of a ride. Could even lead to threads that rival the one about Chris Akers.

24 minutes ago, land_rider said:

I don’t know about that. No one ever explained the staff turnover and results of the second tenure. 
I’m not inferring anything, but reputation is important and more so than wins. Hypothetically, what am I teaching my children about life lessons if I knowingly choose to select a leader who (like it or not) brought a level of disgrace? 
If possible, based upon the information available, I am choosing the person that does things the right way AND the results translate into wins. 

I would look to someone to first, and foremost, instill values of discipline, hard work, and teamwork. 
Next, I am looking for a strategic decision maker. 

Those coaches/candidates are certainly out there and may have applied. It’s going to take a good staff working together. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

Lake Witten isn't an hour from Richlands is it?

I thought Ryan was referring to Hungry Mother towards Marion or Breaks Interstate Park going towards Kentucky. Don't know if those are an hour from Richlands but sounds about right. Never heard of Lake Witten

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I thought Ryan was referring to Hungry Mother towards Marion or Breaks Interstate Park going towards Kentucky. Don't know if those are an hour from Richlands but sounds about right. Never heard of Lake Witten

I was talking South Holston over in Washington Co. 

Maybe someone should scrounge around and see what Mark Dixon is up to these days.  I know he stepped down at Pulaski for heath concerns....maybe those have subsided and he's ready to rebuild somewhere like he did at Galax.  Now that would obviously intel that people leave him alone, give him the keys to the car and get the heck out of the way.  Just a thought, but heck who knows he may be on a beach somewhere enjoying his NFL pension.    

1 hour ago, 44cov3 said:

Maybe someone should scrounge around and see what Mark Dixon is up to these days.  I know he stepped down at Pulaski for heath concerns....maybe those have subsided and he's ready to rebuild somewhere like he did at Galax.  Now that would obviously intel that people leave him alone, give him the keys to the car and get the heck out of the way.  Just a thought, but heck who knows he may be on a beach somewhere enjoying his NFL pension.    

The TCSB holds the keys to the car and they pass them around at will.  As we will soon see, evethough they should ride the short bus, they think they drive a BMW!

On 11/28/2023 at 3:41 PM, sixcat said:

Some obvious holes in your plan, there.

1. He's 66 years old and hasn't coached in 27 years, 28 by the start of next season.
  2. He never once managed to last 3 years in his brief coaching career without being suspended or fired.
  3. Not sure how his past transgressions help anyone from out-of-town respect the Blue Tornado? Likely the exact opposite.

But for sheer entertainment value, what the hell? Hire the man. Should be a hell of a ride. Could even lead to threads that rival the one about Chris Akers.

Joe is 81 and President of the United States of America age shouldn’t matter , and if you knew the guy then you would know what kind of football mind he has, majority of the people in Tazewell Co loves the guy ! 

15 minutes ago, land_rider said:

majority of the people in Tazewell Co loves the guy ! 

I'd be shocked if the majority of the people in Tazewell County know who he is. He's been gone from Tazewell for nearly 28 years. 

By all means, hire him. Should be entertaining as hell for the rest of us!