Jump to content
SWVASPORTS.COM

Graham vs Union Region 2D Championship 2023


Gridiron60

Recommended Posts

  • Gridiron60 changed the title to Graham vs Union Region 2D Championship 2023

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.  I watched the last meeting and Clements didn't do much but was reported to not be healthy and I would imagine that was the case.  I'm sure Graham wouldn't keep him out other wise.  Union D appears more geared to stop the run than the pass so I'm guessing that's the route Graham will go to make things open up a little better for him.  Union on the other hand looked a little out of sync yesterday offensively, but unlike years past I don't think they peaked too early around game 5.  Defense has carried them through a couple of rough series this season with a bend but not break attitude.  It would appear that the change in personnel along the defensive front was due last season with the solid play at DE.  Clements will make some plays as expected, but it's one of those games where someone that doesn't normally make one will have to in order to win.  For Union's sake, I hope it's not an extra point.  Side note:  2 TD's get called back at some point for Graham and/or Union for a penalty.  Watching the NFHS, it appears that Union is indeed their own worst enemy at times as is Graham.  These two teams are very similar with the potential to bust a long play at any time but I think Anderson being a double threat may be a slight advantage.  Should be a loud emotional atmosphere. I'm gonna say that it'll come down to a final possession type of game somewhere in the 24-20 range.  Good luck to both to beat whatever region C has to offer and bring one home to 2D.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, frito gonzales said:

This game may come down to who has the least amount of penalties. Should be a slobber knocker....Graham 28 - Union 21

I’d like to see a 45 yard Nash field goal in the last five seconds to give Graham the win! That would be an exciting end! I don’t give the Graham the advantage in many areas in this game but I do give them the kicking advantage (only because Union folks keep saying they have no kicking game). Last a second field goal might make up a little for that Satterfield TD that spring season. 😂😂😂 I still have reoccurring nightmares from that run, lol! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’d like to see a 45 yard Nash field goal in the last five seconds to give Graham the win! That would be an exciting end! I don’t give the Graham the advantage in many areas in this game but I do give them the kicking advantage (only because Union folks keep saying they have no kicking game). Last a second field goal might make up a little for that Satterfield TD that spring season. 😂😂😂 I still have reoccurring nightmares from that run, lol! 

Correct everyone has a kicking advantage vs Union it’s pretty bad 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

If it’s in the 30s, Graham wins. If it’s under, I like Unions chances. If Clements is held under three scores, Union should be able to match that and win. The offense can really grind on you but the second you stack the box, Huff and Bostic and Bunch will kill you. How are the Graham DBs?

Very athletic and fast, Floyd played injured in the last match-up, but is healthy now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

If it’s in the 30s, Graham wins. If it’s under, I like Unions chances. If Clements is held under three scores, Union should be able to match that and win. The offense can really grind on you but the second you stack the box, Huff and Bostic and Bunch will kill you. How are the Graham 

 

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Very athletic and fast, Floyd played injured in the last match-up, but is healthy now. 

Hass is out for the season. Not sure if was playing DB or not. I think Gage Palmer has stepped in for him. Floyd plays hard every play. Edwards is having himself a season! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Very athletic and fast, Floyd played injured in the last match-up, but is healthy now. 

Are they tall? I can’t remember from the first game. I don’t think anyone around here can stop Huff by himself if Reyshawn can get him the ball but if Graham has athletic DBs Reyshawn has at times sailed balls so they could snag one. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t believe so but he may have gone in a few times but I don’t recall him playing on D the past few games. I could be mistaken.

If he’s healthy I’d play him at S this week. It’s win or go home. Same with Reyshawn for Union at S. Move Chandler inside and bring Rey in to help with Clements if he gets loose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

If he’s healthy I’d play him at S this week. It’s win or go home. Same with Reyshawn for Union at S. Move Chandler inside and bring Rey in to help with Clements if he gets loose. 

Need to definitely get some speed on the outside to stop Clements.  I think they can contain him up the middle but outside will be a different story 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game will be decided by the man behind the scenes that puts in the unappreciated work. He never complains, but he does like to have a smoke here and there, but never the occasional beer when behind the wheel. This is the bus driver. He will decide this. If Graham comes on the field in the wrong uni's, he's turning the keys over. If Union gets a penalty on the first play, he's turning the ignition.  The man does not play around. He decides this.

Union and Graham, you better have your ducks in row because one false move, and he's got a quick trigger finger or "wrist."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...