Region Finals Scores and Updates.

Real Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Duke2015 said:

Appo gave them a run for their money last week too

Not really, I never felt like Appo had a legit chance to win after the first quarter. They had no answers for Clark. This game I thought was much much tighter and Radford was very lucky to escape. Glenvar should have won the game but fell apart when it came to crunch time. That’s a positive for Radford tho, having to win it at the end, fighting back against a deficit, etc. could really get them focused for next week. 

3 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

I'm taking Riverheads in the final

Central, although good is not very diverse offensively.  Stop Forbes, you stop Central.  They squeaked out an 8-7 win last week, could be they were too predictable tonight.    I wouldn't count Gladiator eggs just yet.  Some very explosive offenses left in this thing with Radford, Union, Graham and Poquoson.

Union and Graham also have stout defenses, especially Union.

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

Mario Revels with an interception in the end zone to stop Eastern Randolph. Mount Airy can run the clock out now. 

So probably Robbinsville next week in the finals?

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think Poquoson beats Riverheads next week at Riverheads. They were my pick to represent the East and I'll stick with it. I think the winner of Graham/Union wins the stste title over Poquoson in Salem.

I dunno man, beating Amelia by 40 isn’t quite like going to CW and absolutely embarrassing them. I hope you’re right but I don’t see it. Mistake free football is tough to overcome. 

1 minute ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

End of the 3td qtr. Princeton up 47-29. Bridgeport ball at the Princeton 5. This sme isn't over yet. Bridgeport still has a chance.

Both defenses have called it quits in this one. Now theyre just seeing who can out offense each other 

13 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Not really, I never felt like Appo had a legit chance to win after the first quarter. They had no answers for Clark. This game I thought was much much tighter and Radford was very lucky to escape. Glenvar should have won the game but fell apart when it came to crunch time. That’s a positive for Radford tho, having to win it at the end, fighting back against a deficit, etc. could really get them focused for next week. 

It was a one score game going into the 4th. Appo was weak on the line and didn't have the horses to keep up this year.

Radford is winning on the talent of the QB alone. Union and Graham will both win the LOS and both will have the speed to slow down the QB. He'll still make plays, but he won't look super human like he has in these blowout games.

He threw 3 picks against a very slow Highlander team tonight.

2 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I’m always a week too early on my takes. Last week I was told they didn’t have the speed that Union has.

I'm out if reactions today EH31, but Princeton looks like a dang track meet every time they snap the ball. Alarming speed.

Just like that after Princeton scored in 1 play and went up 54-36, Bridgeport scores in one play. It's now 54-43 with 9:35 left in the game.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

It was a one score game going into the 4th. Appo was weak on the line and didn't have the horses to keep up this year.

Radford is winning on the talent of the QB alone. Union and Graham will both win the LOS and both will have the speed to slow down the QB. He'll still make plays, but he won't look super human like he has in these blowout games.

He threw 3 picks against a very slow Highlander team tonight.

It was a close game but did you ever really feel Radford was losing? I didn’t but I could be the outlier. I always felt they were gonna hit a couple huge plays and Appo couldn’t do anything to match. 
tonight was different, Glenvar didn’t give them breathing room until the end and even then it bit them. 

My single biggest rationale is this: would I bet on Clark having three INTs and not being explosive and dynamic again? I won’t but that’s maybe a suckers bet. The 2D winner should have success running the ball but can they convert all their chances and not make mistakes? Both teams are super talented but both are penalty prone and Union stinks on special teams and those can be absolute season Enders this time of year. If you wanna run the ball and 2nd and 4 turns to 2nd and 14, drive over. With Clark, 2nd and 4 or 2nd and 14, doesn’t matter as much. 

maybe I’m way off, that’s entirely possible. I just think people putting too much stock in a great Glenvar showing (and not enough in the absolute domination by CCC and RHS). 

20 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

It was a 8 point game and 4th and 17 for Radford midway thru fourth quarter if they don’t convert that it’s a different ballgame