Long way to go, But Football season is never over- Who are the three best teams and three best rebuilding teams?

TnT+h

I’m pretty sure George Wythe only graduates 4 or 5. If they can successfully replace Smith at QB, they will be loaded for bear. 

Galax graduates 4 senior starters. If they can replace Ashworth and Tucker somehow, they should be in the mix again.  

I think Fort Chiswell is going to take a step forward too. They return a lot of size and talent. With a solid coach now, they will continue to improve. 

Grayson County will take a step or 3 backward unless they can find another crop of homeschool kids somewhere. 

34 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I’m pretty sure George Wythe only graduates 4 or 5. If they can successfully replace Smith at QB, they will be loaded for bear. 

Galax graduates 4 senior starters. If they can replace Ashworth and Tucker somehow, they should be in the mix again.  

I think Fort Chiswell is going to take a step forward too. They return a lot of size and talent. With a solid coach now, they will continue to improve. 

Grayson County will take a step or 3 backward unless they can find another crop of homeschool kids somewhere. 

I agree with this.

I really am glad FC has a coach taking them in the right direction. That program has been through it the past few years with coaching instability and ineptness. They’ve got some talented kids. Their kicker looks to be really good. Good kickers seem to be in shortage these days. 

If Richlands gets the right person in the position, they may have a much improved season. They can only go up from this past season. I heard a couple of kids that went to a Honaker may be returning. That may or may not be so…you know how the “I heard” goes. 

Fort Chiswell will have enough talent on their team to win the district. I'm not saying they win the district, but they have some talented kids over there and their coaching and talent could definitely put them in the mix.

Princeton will be loaded again. Actually had a somewhat young team.

As far as three best in 2D, Graham , Union are a given I think …I’m not sure who would be #3 , maybe Tazewell or Gate City. I don’t know how much talent either of those are losing. 

Our neighbors in 2C, without Clark I’m not sure how well Radford does. I can’t see them winning the region and I know they are losing several Seniors. I think Appo is better next year, they had a lot of youth. I don’t know enough to comment on any other teams that way. 

I think Bluefield is Bluefield and Princeton has another banner season. 

I’m normally wrong more than right so all of this may be totally off base. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

As far as three best in 2D, Graham , Union are a given I think …I’m not sure who would be #3 , maybe Tazewell or Gate City. I don’t know how much talent either of those are losing. 

Our neighbors in 2C, without Clark I’m not sure how well Radford does. I can’t see them winning the region and I know they are losing several Seniors. I think Appo is better next year, they had a lot of youth. I don’t know enough to comment on any other teams that way. 

I’d say next season Tazewell and Ridgeview will be in the top 4 teams along with Union and Graham with Graham winning the region as usual 

7 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

I’d say next season Tazewell and Ridgeview will be in the top 4 teams along with Union and Graham with Graham winning the region as usual 

I wasn’t sure what Ridgeview returns. Does the O’Quinn kid graduate? 

10 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Taz loses Brody Patterson and Tyler Gillespie which are two stellar players on both sides the ball.  Taylor, Ziegler, and Alley on both sides as well.  Rizzo who was a beast on the line and some other talented players that I know Im leaving out as well. Some big losses to have to fill in but still quite a bit of offensive firepower.  Just have to fill in the holes and see what happens.

Union returns 9 on the offensive side, and 7 on the defensive side. Biggest? Who plays qb........if Turner find reys replacement via the portal or goes with Bostic or the soph Hall. Time will tell. According to Ridgeview folks next year is their year and we all know what Bluefield I mean Graham will have.

3 hours ago, Vol Hater said:

Union returns 9 on the offensive side, and 7 on the defensive side. Biggest? Who plays qb........if Turner find reys replacement via the portal or goes with Bostic or the soph Hall. Time will tell. According to Ridgeview folks next year is their year and we all know what Bluefield I mean Graham will have.

The QB position for Union will be key. I like Bostic at WR IF we can find a good throwing QB. Otherwise, there will be a lot of wasted talent. If the QB can run and throw, like Anderson, even better.

The way that offense has evolved, whatever QB is in there will be part of the running game.  Not many as tough as Rey, but there are a couple there that are close speed-wise and throw decent enough to progress and take over.  

Gr & U near the top again with everyone else trying to chip away.  It'll be an interesting year for sure next season.  

Gate City had outstanding junior high teams a couple of years ago.  I think these kids will be sophomores and juniors this upcoming season.  Now, I don't know if they moved or still play football, but the 8th grade team they had a couple of years ago was wicked for an 8th grade team.  Gate City already has the coaching thing down pact. Houseright is one of the best, but it's him waiting for the talent to cacth up the last couple of years.  It might catch up next year.

With Bath Co. schedule and returning the QB who accounted for 50 touchdowns they'll probably end the season as one of the top seeds again....then probably get beat by a MED team first round.