Galax vs Essex

Westisthebest

9 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

Single A football is terrible!! Ive never seen such bad offenses in my life for a state title game!! It wont be any better next year im guessing!!

Essex was averaging 45 points coming into the game. 

9 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

Single A football is terrible!! Ive never seen such bad offenses in my life for a state title game!! It wont be any better next year im guessing!!

However "horrible" it is, Galax is a less horrible than any class 1 team in Virginia including George Wythe. What I saw was outstanding defense by Galax.

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Hate I didn’t get to meet you but I did get to meet @sixcat for the first time. The Cinderella story is complete. The West is the best! 

It was a pleasure to meet you. Bring the train horn to Galax next fall and we’ll get you a good spot beside the 35-person visitor bleachers. 

Thoughts on that last play before halftime for Essex?

I've watched it about 20x, I can't see the kid step out and it appears that he knocks over the pylon, looks like a TD but official said that he was stopped short. 

Wondering what everyone else thought?

Congratulations to Galax, glad they got the win!

7 minutes ago, bucfan64 said:

I've watched it about 20x, I can't see the kid step out and it appears that he knocks over the pylon, looks like a TD but official said that he was stopped short. 

Truthfully I’m not sure because I was on the other end of the field but that play never should’ve happened to begin with. After the false start penalty as time was expiring the half should’ve ended there 

24 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Please have a kind thought for Essex head coach Todd Jones and his family. A family member had a medical emergency during the game and passed away. 

Oh my, so sorry to hear.  May God bring comfort to their broken hearts.  

1 hour ago, bucfan64 said:

Shouldn’t of never been a play anyway. The half should of ended after the prior play. 

It was on the opposite side and end of the field from me but I know this, #9 for Essex ran on the field late on the play, never got set, and no flag was thrown. 

I went back and slow-mowed it. Looked like the Essex player's butt was on the ground before the ball broke the goal line to me, but the NFHS angle isn't the best.

Just now, Union_Fan said:

I went back and slow-mowed it. Looked like the Essex player's butt was on the ground before the ball broke the goal line to me, but the NFHS angle isn't the best.

I was a country mile away but he didn't appear to be out of bounds, did look like his butt was down.

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Please have a kind thought for Essex head coach Todd Jones and his family. A family member had a medical emergency during the game and passed away. 

Sending up prayers for Coach Jones and his family, how heartbreaking. I saw it posted on VA Preps but wasn’t sure if it had been confirmed. 🙏

• 1 month later...