Jason Mullins out at Central

Observer

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Being a school administrator at a high school is more difficult than being a teacher.

My wife is a teacher and I've worked in education for 23 years. I would disagree.

Being a classroom teacher with constant student interaction from 8 am to 3:30 pm, plus bus duty days with little to no breaks, M-F, in addition to using your planning period to remediate students and call parents.

Then, grading papers and answering student and parent questions throughout the evening.

I'm sorry but assistant principals don't even come close to that level of continuous work. You might argue that they deal with parent complaints, but these days, most administrators dodge, deflect and refer parents back to the teacher. If they don't, then the teacher gets yelled at, still not escaping. Remember, everything flows down hill.

What about a secretary, janitor, shrink (psychiatrist), collar (priest), mailman, or carney (carnival worker) or a person with a degree in culinary arts known as a "cook."

None of the above set well either. Interestingly, most police officers seem cool or ok with being referred to as a cop. Prison guard definitely doesn't go over well with corrections officers. That's a tough job and wears on people mentally, emotionally because they are dealing with people everyday with the intent on zapping them emotionally, mentally, and sometimes physically.

On 4/6/2024 at 8:20 AM, CriticalNoise said:

The new coach for the Walmart Warriors will be Josh Spurlock.

You heard if here first, from Hardee's dining area in Norton this morning

I hope this is correct to be honest. Spurlock deserves it more out of any of the candidates.

On 4/6/2024 at 8:21 AM, CriticalNoise said:

I'm just a lousy X-Ray tech, but call someone who works in corrections a "prison guard" and see how that works out for you.

what else would I call them?

On 4/6/2024 at 8:21 AM, CriticalNoise said:

I'm just a lousy X-Ray tech, but call someone who works in corrections a "prison guard" and see how that works out for you.

We prefer Corrections Officers no doubt, Prison guards are what you saw in Shawshank, Like all professions, there's bad apples, but the vast majority of us are hardworking solid folks just trying to feed our families. BTW Sturgill hasn't been in the business for many years.

14 minutes ago, Unchained said:

We prefer Corrections Officers no doubt, Prison guards are what you saw in Shawshank, Like all professions, there's bad apples, but the vast majority of us are hardworking solid folks just trying to feed our families. BTW Sturgill hasn't been in the business for many years.

Spurlock officially hired today, Solid hire for Central,

so i cant get the article to open, how long was he a coordinator and coaching at Wise.  I remember him playing i think at Powell Valley ?

According to the article he had only been teaching and coach one year at wise and maybe one year overall I don’t think he was a coordinator I could be wrong. 

Nothing against the guy I hope he does well but it looks like they had to promote from within because there wasn’t any teaching job open. That usually makes it tough on a school to hire when the head coach steps down but is still teaching. If you are gonna have a multi state search you gotta have a teaching job open

Any head coach can only be as good as the people he surrounds himself by in football..  The kind of people that are obsessed with winning and know how to win, that means late nights weekends game planning and being able to control and coach kids that have been a little un coachable.  

that being said some of the kids are excited about spurlock getting he spot but are worried they are going to give Isah the offensive coordinator spot and if that happens over half of them will be done.

7 hours ago, BKFootball said:

but are worried they are going to give Isah the offensive coordinator spot and if that happens over half of them will be done.

This is insane and what’s wrong with sports right now you got kids quit because someone gets a job. People do not realize how hard it is to find coaches period! And we want to quit because someone is on staff. You already had one head coach step down because the star player wanted threatened to leave. It’s stupid back in the day your coach was your coach and you listened and got coached by him. If you didn’t like them you suck it up and play because of your teammates and love for the sport. And parents didn’t let them quit either