13. Grundy - Class 1 - Black Diamond

14. John Battle - Class 2 - Mountain 7

15. Patrick Henry (Glade Spring) - Class 1 - Hogoheegee

16. Richlands - Class 2 - Southwest

17. Twin Springs - Class 1 - Cumberland

18. Thomas Walker - Class 1 - Cumberland 

19. Lee - Class 2 - Mountain 7

20. Northwood - Class 1 - Hogoheegee

I know Marion beat Graham but I don’t think they’re the third best team. They got boat raced by Lebanon once and made it a closer game the second time. Got beat by ph and beat by v high 3 times.

Marion 3? No way. One could make a reasonable or at least have some kind of argument for your top 8. I don't think Union is 8th or Central 4th, but again one could make an argument within the bounds of reason for this, but.......not Marion at 3rd. That's out of bounds.

2 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Lebanon probably doesn’t belong above Graham Union or Honaker right now 

I’d put them above Union pretty easily they beat them once already and lost by 1 with a bunch of starters pretty banged up. Then that puts you in the conundrum of how Union has beat honaker 3 times and are 2-1 against lebanon. I’d say 1-10 could beat anyone on any night (excluding chilhowie).

4 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

Lebanon probably doesn’t belong above Graham Union or Honaker right now 

Let’s see how Saturday turns out when the GMen play at Lebanon. If GMen win handily, then you’re probably right. 

11 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Can somebody from Richlands let us know if Marion’s boys coach is coaching tomorrow night when they play? 

Why wouldn’t he be?

16 hours ago, Stelley said:

Why wouldn’t he be?

I would tell you to watch on NFHS but the game between the Graham boys & Marion boys has been taken down.The girls' game is still up.  Who takes down games? Does NFHS? If so, why would they take it down? If not them, then does the host school take down games? If the host school takes down games, then I think we can guess why Marion took it down. Honestly, you couldn't really surmise what actually happened from the NFHS feed but I've heard there's another video that clearly shows the coach intentionally pushed the Graham player. I haven't seen it though.  I was at the game and it 100% happened.  The officials discussed at length what they were going to do.  The coach was called for only a technical.  If I were the administration at Graham I'd be filing a complaint with the VHSL. No high school coach should lay his hands on a player especially a player from the opposing team. 

46 minutes ago, FootballFan67 said:

I would tell you to watch on NFHS but the game between the Graham boys & Marion boys has been taken down.The girls' game is still up.  Who takes down games? Does NFHS? If so, why would they take it down? If not them, then does the host school take down games? If the host school takes down games, then I think we can guess why Marion took it down. Honestly, you couldn't really surmise what actually happened from the NFHS feed but I've heard there's another video that clearly shows the coach intentionally pushed the Graham player. I haven't seen it though.  I was at the game and it 100% happened.  The officials discussed at length what they were going to do.  The coach was called for only a technical.  If I were the administration at Graham I'd be filing a complaint with the VHSL. No high school coach should lay his hands on a player especially a player from the opposing team. 

It doesn't help he's in a relationship with Marions AD. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a factor in the removal. I didn't see it happen, so I can't say anything about it, but both the head coach and the assistant coach having kids on the team may cause tempers to flare more easily. Besides the point, Graham played really bad and Marion were hitting their shots. When Marions on they can be dangerous , but putting them at 3 is a bit far-fetched in my opinion. I would still put Graham and Lebanon over them. VA High is beatable for both these teams with their big guy out, too. Still taking Blue Devils at #1.

41 minutes ago, Brownies99 said:

It doesn't help he's in a relationship with Marions AD. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a factor in the removal. I didn't see it happen, so I can't say anything about it, but both the head coach and the assistant coach having kids on the team may cause tempers to flare more easily. Besides the point, Graham played really bad and Marion were hitting their shots. When Marions on they can be dangerous , but putting them at 3 is a bit far-fetched in my opinion. I would still put Graham and Lebanon over them. VA High is beatable for both these teams with their big guy out, too. Still taking Blue Devils at #1.

I heard Graham didn’t play well especially 1st half & defense was very lacking throughout. If the other team is putting them up, you gotta play defense. It will be interesting to see how the VA High/Graham shakes out tonight. 
As far as what happened at the Marion/Graham game, intentional or not, then repercussions (besides a technical) should occur. 

22 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I heard Graham didn’t play well especially 1st half & defense was very lacking throughout. If the other team is putting them up, you gotta play defense. It will be interesting to see how the VA High/Graham shakes out tonight. 
As far as what happened at the Marion/Graham game, intentional or not, then repercussions (besides a technical) should occur. 

Weren’t the coaches somehow involved with that little scuffle between Graham and Tazewell last year?

1 hour ago, Stelley said:

Weren’t the coaches somehow involved with that little scuffle between Graham and Tazewell last year?

There was a scuffle between some players who had to sit out games. No coaches from either team threw punches or pushed kids to the best of my recollection. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Union beat GC 62-47 tonight at Union. Lose to Wise three times but beats GC by fifteen. Make it make sense!!

Definitely safe to say that of the 6 teams that are actual contenders to win the region; the only one everyone can pick to win is whoever they’re a fan of

9 hours ago, Stelley said:

Definitely safe to say that of the 6 teams that are actual contenders to win the region; the only one everyone can pick to win is whoever they’re a fan of

Said it earlier, its a giant pool of mediocrity with no team that stands out because no team should be considered very good. The mediocrity is so great Graham can lose to Marion and get blown out by VH, then win at VH, and VH playing within 4 of Richlands and GC thumped by Union, but Union struggling against Lebanon/Honaker. On and on it goes.

These teams are all dead even because their isn't one team that I would consider a "very good" basketball team.

I'm still going with Graham because of the athleticism and youth at seasons start that I figured to mature just enough to get them over the hump.