Region 1D and 2D Region Tournament Boys Scores and Updates

10 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

would Lebanon not have been half way for each Va High and Graham

That would have been the most logical solution but I’d say Virginia wouldn’t agree on a site because of how much longer Graham would have to be on a bus than V High would

41 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

UVA-Wise game times today

2pm Eastside-Honaker girls

3:30 Chilhowie-Honaker boys

7:30 Wise-Ridgeview girls

Why not have them all back to back???

This should be a very good lineup for any basketball fan. 

Eastside/Honaker girls should be a great game.  Eastside has played well, possibly better after losing Hammons, and should match up well with Honaker.  Carter and Clay are a tough duo.  I think this one comes down to Clay/Nolley.  Whichever of these ladies has the better game should push their team to the win. 

Honaker boys have had some really good victories this season and appear to be playing well at the right time.  Chilhowie may have surprised some people but they are a solid program and should be able to make this a close game.

Wise and Ridgeview may be a dogfight.  Ridgeview is deeper but they haven't been able to slow down McCamis/Looney this season.  Everyone is expecting a Wise victory but Ridgeview has nothing to lose.  If they come out on fire, it could come down to the Wise defense to win this one.  

8 minutes ago, Stelley said:

That would have been the most logical solution but I’d say Virginia wouldn’t agree on a site because of how much longer Graham would have to be on a bus than V High would

The Lebanon gym was being used for another activity.

1 hour ago, Bluefield researcher said:

The Lebanon gym was being used for another activity.

Ah you’re right I forgot about that. They were having an old head tournament there

1 hour ago, Stelley said:

Is Lebanon that much further from Bluefield compared from Lebanon to Bristol? 

11 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Is Lebanon that much further from Bluefield compared from Lebanon to Bristol? 

No it’s dead in the middle. It’s about twice as far to gc from Bluefield than it is from Bristol is what I was trying to say but I forgot that Leb gym was airwa already being used today

20 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

What a shocker, right? 

I’m guessing Virginia High wanted to play at home , don’t blame them & Graham was a no go for that.

Maybe they could have done rock, paper, scissors , best two of three…I mean there are worse ways to decide a neutral venue 😂 

I don't know too much about Martinsville or Gretna but I did a little digging an found Rayshaun Logan he plays for Gretna had 22pts and 20 rebounds in the same game against Altavista he's probably their Mr do it all. Gretna on a 9 game winning streak an a 3pt loss to parry mccluer another 3pt loss to wchs whoever they are from being on a 13 game win streak, maybe they could had some key injuries at the beginning of the season but they've been rolling as of late, it's hard to judge not knowing a whole lot about Martinsville and Gretna just on surface between VA High, Graham, Martinsville and Gretna, Gretna might be the favorites to go against that beast up north 

Logan is only a soph. He's about 6'5". He played qb and wide receiver on the football team at Gretna. The whole team played football and it took them awhile to get going this season. All this according to the Gretna scorekeeper. Coming from a Dogs fan, Gretna is very athletic, good defensively and well coached. They like to play in transition and are always looking to push the ball up the court. Martinsville was able to control the tempo for the most part but we were unable to hit enough shots to pull it out. It was a 2 point game with a minute to go last night but Gretna scored the last 6 points for the win.

22 hours ago, EH31 said:

Elaborate on the medical staff?

Logan McReynolds was pulled for an extended amount of time allowing Floyd Co to get an insurmountable lead in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, Tigerman10 said:

VHS beat Graham on a halfcourt buzzer beater 

I was at the game. There is no way that player got the shot off in 2 seconds. He bobbled the ball, hit his hands, the ball fell to the floor, he dribbled it and shot it, There’s no way he did all that in 2 seconds. Refs didn’t check the clock. They ran off the floor and fans ran on the floor.

I agree no way on the shot.   But graham should’ve ended that game in regulation.   Once again the best shooter don’t play the 4th for Graham but plays very solid minutes in 3qtrs      Head shaker !! Freshman but deadly 

5 minutes ago, Comegetsum said:

I agree no way on the shot.   But graham should’ve ended that game in regulation.   Once again the best shooter don’t play the 4th for Graham but plays very solid minutes in 3qtrs      Head shaker !! Freshman but deadly 

The ball left his hands with .04.  There is plenty of evidence on twitter for those that don’t believe.  Unbelievable game!  I think both teams see each other again.  

25 minutes ago, Comegetsum said:

My point is the clock operator did not start the clock at the exact time the ball touched the player’s hand. I know he got it off but that has nothing to do with time should have already ran out. Yeah, crazy keeping Disibbio on bench entire 4thQ. 

I watched the VH vs Graham game.  Back and forth.  What you can make of this game in my opinion is the ability of VH to close the distance or widen the distance at the end of the quarters.  At end of first, big three point to get it within 4 when they were down 7.  A team that has just a touch of momentum or a "good break" in football and basketball at the end of quarters or halves often is a precursor to what will happen late in the game.  I've seen this a hundred plus times.  It doesn't always hold true, but it does far more than most of the time.  In the college or NFL football, watch how many times the team that scores right before the half in a very close game ends the game in similar fashion.  Same in basketball.  A team down 10 with 40 seconds left that incredibly cuts it to 4, or a team only up 2 or 3 points for most of the half then goes on a little run in the last 30 seconds and ends the half up 7.  It's amazing how games often end for whatever reason, the same way.

With that written, VH got a lot of calls man.  No, the refs did NOT cheat, but it die seem that VH got a huge chuck of 50-50 cause, especially in the first 4 minutes of the game.  The shot at the end was a late clock start.  The clock started late.   Ball did leave hands before the expiration, but the clock started late.  Still, it was Virginia High's ability to finish each quarter and in the end, VH's ability to steal the in bounds pass.  VH continued to seemingly do great things in the final few seconds of each quarter.

All 4 left are close.  Any of the 4 can win it, even the road teams.  

28 minutes ago, FootballFan67 said:

My point is the clock operator did not start the clock at the exact time the ball touched the player’s hand. I know he got it off but that has nothing to do with time should have already ran out. Yeah, crazy keeping Disibbio on bench entire 4thQ. 

Yea I agree. Clock definitely didn’t start on time. I watched it on nfhs and went back and started a clock on my phone with two seconds and it took him about 2.5-3 seconds to get the shot off. Granted that’s probably not the most efficient way of doing it but still

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

Auburn defeats George Wythe for the 4th time this season 54-52 in 4 OT’s. 

I watched a quarter of this one before I left,  those 2 teams are impressive!!  they were going at it!!!  one of these 2 could easily win the championship!!!

9 hours ago, FootballFan67 said:

That’s not how it works. The clock operator watches the referee who gives the signal to start the clock. In high school games, there is always a bit of lag due to this. No replay like in college/pros for review.