Tim Tebow

-oo-

Elway did not look happy last night. Either because he wants a throwing QB under center in Denver or he is upset that Bronco fans have a new favorite son there. My guess is a little of both but more of the latter. Elway is a chump.

I dont see him getting away with this against the Bears but the Patriots might let him run wild. If the defense plays up to its potential against Brady, they could possibly pull out a win.

Mind you, two of my teams (KD and OAK) are divisional rivals and I still cant help but pull for the guy.

So if your smiling and clapping ..you don't look happy...wow great observation... Elway was a winner and so is Tebow...

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Variable
So if your smiling and clapping ..you don't look happy...wow great observation... Elway was a winner and so is Tebow...

He wasnt smiling, he looked like the lady from "Major League". I take it you werent paying attention.

Elway is a royal jerk. He talked smack about Montana when he came to the AFC West because Elway was still butt hurt about being completely and wholly owned by him in the Superbowl. Elway said he was going to wipe the field with him...that was the Monday Night that Montana schooled him on who the REAL comback QB was. Elway also said when he got to Denver "I dont think Tebow is a NFL quality Quarterback" and now he says that hes ALWAYS believed that Tebow could be an NFL QB. Hes an absolute egomaniacal jackwagon. I would venture to say that the only reason he wormed his way onto the Broncos payroll was so that people did not forget about him with Tebow being such a fan favorite.

Elway /= class.

He wasnt smiling, he looked like the lady from "Major League". I take it you werent paying attention.

Elway is a royal jerk. He talked smack about Montana when he came to the AFC West because Elway was still butt hurt about being completely and wholly owned by him in the Superbowl. Elway said he was going to wipe the field with him...that was the Monday Night that Montana schooled him on who the REAL comback QB was. Elway also said when he got to Denver "I dont think Tebow is a NFL quality Quarterback" and now he says that hes ALWAYS believed that Tebow could be an NFL QB. Hes an absolute egomaniacal jackwagon. I would venture to say that the only reason he wormed his way onto the Broncos payroll was so that people did not forget about him with Tebow being such a fan favorite.

Elway /= class.

He was smiling and happy when I saw him ..so I had to be paying attention because it wasn't Pres. Obama up in that booth... And sounds like you have a tiff with Elway.. Regardless of your feelings ..the guy was a winner...Ask the Packers in the Superbowl..

Guest The Variable
He was smiling and happy when I saw him ..so I had to be paying attention because it wasn't Pres. Obama up in that booth... And sounds like you have a tiff with Elway.. Regardless of your feelings ..the guy was a winner...Ask the Packers in the Superbowl..

Okay, you have blinders on. Thanks for clearing that up.

I had other obligations, but would like to ask a simple question. Does you facial expression stay the same through an entire game?

I know mine doesn't. To try to make pronouncements about what a player, coach, executive or owner feels about a particular player based on how they look during a game seems to me to be akin to reading a fortune in tea leaves.

Guest The Variable
I had other obligations, but would like to ask a simple question. Does you facial expression stay the same through an entire game?

I know mine doesn't. To try to make pronouncements about what a player, coach, executive or owner feels about a particular player based on how they look during a game seems to me to be akin to reading a fortune in tea leaves.

This wasnt his facial expression over the course of the game, this was right after Tebow scored a TD from the 22 to win the game. It is also based off of the comments he has made about Tebow in the past, his odd emergence into the Broncos organization as soon as Tebow starts to take some snaps in Denver. Elway has never given me any reason not to think he is a selfish jerk and plenty of reasons to believe that he is. I am not saying that it is a fact that he doesnt like Tebow or having him win, I am just saying that it is entirely plausible that it is the case. Not to mention pretty congruent with his personality.

Guest The Variable

From Jim Rome:

"John Elway did not look any happier than Rex Ryan."

Guest The Variable
Elway has a bad case of hemorrhoids. It hurts when he claps, therefore, no smile. Glad I could help clear up this fascinating subject.

That would explain why it hurts when he smiles too.

Anyone see the numbers comparing Elway and Tebow through their first eight starts in the NFL????

Tebow's blew Elway's away in every category...record, yards passing, TD passes, INTs, rushing yards, rushing TDs.

Some players just know how to win...Tebow is one...

Anyone see the numbers comparing Elway and Tebow through their first eight starts in the NFL????

Tebow's blew Elway's away in every category...record, yards passing, TD passes, INTs, rushing yards, rushing TDs.

Some players just know how to win...Tebow is one...

Has Tebow started 8 times ...thought he was 4 and 1 as a starter?

I keep waiting for someone to say they have been wrong about him so far,but they haven't posted in a few days.I don't know if someone can eat so much Crow.With so many talented players just going through the motions,it is good to see someone out there giving their best.Wat to go Tebow.

Guest The Variable
I keep waiting for someone to say they have been wrong about him so far,but they haven't posted in a few days.I don't know if someone can eat so much Crow.With so many talented players just going through the motions,it is good to see someone out there giving their best.Wat to go Tebow.

Look back a couple of Pages. One did after the Jets game.

oh yeah, and Elway sucks!

Look back a couple of Pages. One did after the Jets game.

oh yeah, and Elway sucks!

I think he's waiting for me to say I'm wrong. Which I won't. But I'll get more into that once I go into work tonight. I'm on my iPhone on the weekends, and it sucks trying to type out big long messages. So I'll be at work tonight, and have my thoughts.

I think he's waiting for me to say I'm wrong. Which I won't. But I'll get more into that once I go into work tonight. I'm on my iPhone on the weekends, and it sucks trying to type out big long messages. So I'll be at work tonight, and have my thoughts.

I knew you was a guy that would never admit he was wrong thank you for once again making me seem like i knew what i was talking about.

Sure I'm gonna get bashed for this one, but exactly what is it Tebow has done that is worth beating your chest over? You can say "he knows how to win" all you want and that may be true, but what I see with Denver right now is a defense that is playing very well, keeping them in games, and they are the ones giving that great and almighty Tebow a chance to grab the headlines when he finally does something decent with the ball late in the game, and what he does only matters... because their defense has kept them in the game the entire time. I think Tebow is a great guy that does a lot of good things with charities and such, and frankly I LOVED his superbowl commercial that everyone seemed to hate, but he has been a very average qb at best, and that is putting it nicely.

I knew you was a guy that would never admit he was wrong thank you for once again making me seem like i knew what i was talking about.

Why would I say I'm wrong when in reality I'm not? So he won a game he shouldn't have, congrats to him. But he didn't prove one single thing to me other than that he has the "win" factor. Under 50% yet again. Of the throws he completed, none were spectacular throws. Simple, simple throws and reads to make sure he doesn't screw up too bad.

As Ditto said, the only reason they are winning games is because their D is playing exceptionally well, and keeping the score low. If Denver is required to put more than 21-24 points in the board, they are done. The offense isn't built to score big points, and that's because he isn't good enough to put the numbers up, or make the big time throws. (Much like VT basketball. You never see us win a 80-90 point game, we don't have the offense to do it.)

Bash me all you want. But I'm still nowhere near inpressed to give him any credit other than he has great character, and the man knows how to win, so long the score isn't a high scoring game.

Of the throws he completed, none were spectacular throws. Simple, simple throws and reads to make sure he doesn't screw up too bad.

that seems to be what VT does with Logan Thomas, but everyone is quick to jump on his wagon ;)

that seems to be what VT does with Logan Thomas, but everyone is quick to jump on his wagon ;)

That's exactly what they are doing with him. Difference between him and Tebow? Thomas has just 11 starts as a collegiate QB. He wasn't even supposed to be a QB, so it's not like he has spent his entire time there learning the QB duites, and reads and such. But yes, we are definitely limiting what LT does in the passing game to limit his rookie mistakes. No doubt.

Thomas has just 11 starts as a collegiate QB. He wasn't even supposed to be a QB, so it's not like he has spent his entire time there learning the QB duites, and reads and such.

he wasn't supposed to be a QB, but since his first few days of practice he's been with the QB's. so technically he has spent his entire time their learning the QB position lol