Power Points?

wave316

Im hoping Rv wins out and pulls a good seed. I havent looked at numbers yet but Grundy has some wins as does Honaker, wins over both would greatly benefit Ridgeview. 

The Wolfpack has got to win those games.

Hopefully Martinsville and Gretna lose some games 

Given my best "guestimation".....it looks like Ridgeview controls their own fate if they win out. No matter what conceivable scenario I calculate, Ridgeview stays #11, except in the case of Graham losing to Narrows and Central losing to Gate City which would see Ridgeview at #10.

Only two weeks of games left, but the "possible" end results are all over the place.

Given my best "guestimation".....it looks like Ridgeview controls their own fate if they win out. No matter what conceivable scenario I calculate, Ridgeview stays #11, except in the case of Graham losing to Narrows and Central losing to Gate City which would see Ridgeview at #10.

Only two weeks of games left, but the "possible" end results are all over the place.

Very much appreciated.  

#10 is a pretty good spot. #11 would be a really tough draw but better than 12-16. 

GC/Central will be a battle, could go either way imo

Is there any chance that Richlands will jump Glenvar or that Giles will jump Buckingham?

I think Giles and Buckingham will be close depending on rider points but IMO everything has to go right for Giles to pass Buckingham and get the higher seed...either way both teams have their hands full in round 2 at Glenvar or Richlands

That Richlands road is tough. Grundy, Buckingham, @ Union, @ East Highest, State. I don't think we will end up with Grundy in round 1, but the rest seem pretty certain unless Giles can squeak by Buckingham. 

The crossover to the East highest seed may be the 2nd easiest game of that sequence should Richlands make it that far. That's telling as to just how hard this side of the bracket is. 

Being a huge fan of high school football, I'm proud of all 6 of those teams. Only 1 can win it all but the other 5 should not be ashamed of the outcome. I doubt any division will ever be as deep as 2A West is this year. I dont have a high school team that I really pull for, I go to games all over the state. In 1A i would like to see GW or Radford win it all, but they have to go through Essex and Riverheads :(  In 2A i would like to see Giles or Richlands win it all, but they have 4 great opponents on the West side to go through. Im a fan of all the west teams, but I just love watching Giles play, especially at their stadium. I was there last year when they played Lee and when I heard that train horn that they have it gave me cold chills. I could only imagine how it pumps up their players. And even though some call it boring, I love watching that single wing offense and no one else in the state does it better than them.

I would not over look Goochland.  They always seem to put it all together come playoff time.  And King William is very talented.  KW is the kind of team that can give most teams fits...they are very fast and athletic but have more size than usual. 

And even though some call it boring, I love watching that single wing offense and no one else in the state does it better than them.

For me their version of the 'Wing is unpredictable and always fun to watch. Maybe its just because I dont see it very often but I enjoy watching them play

I agree Tiger it is something else. Everyone sees the wing as just straight up the middle, shouldn't be hard to defend right? Wrong, there are some plays where 3 different people touch the ball. I love the inside reverse that they run and the pitch play, I think it's referred to as the buck lateral. Just a fun offense to watch

When we practiced for Giles, we practiced without a ball. Just making sure you stayed with your keys.

And we routed them in 04, Brad set the record for longest TD pass in the playoffs,

I remember that. I think that Giles smacked them back in the mouth in 06. But thats the key to defending the single wing is to just read your keys. 95% of the time they have a pulling guard that will take you right to the ball. But even at reading your keys if you arent physical with them they will run right over you

I remember that. I think that Giles smacked them back in the mouth in 06. But thats the key to defending the single wing is to just read your keys. 95% of the time they have a pulling guard that will take you right to the ball. But even at reading your keys if you arent physical with them they will run right over you

Yeah Giles hated Phil anyway, he dominated the rivalry for years, but the 06 beatdown was retaliation for the 04 game because the Giles HC thought Phil was trying to run the score up. We were up late, it was 4th down and we were trying to ice the game, Brad throws a simple four yard slant on fourth down to keep the ball and run out the clock, the WR broke a tackle and went 80 yards for the TD. Phil said he wish the WR had taken a knee because he had no intentions of trying to score.

Yeah Giles hated Phil anyway, he dominated the rivalry for years, but the 06 beatdown was retaliation for the 04 game because the Giles HC thought Phil was trying to run the score up. We were up late, it was 4th down and we were trying to ice the game, Brad throws a simple four yard slant on fourth down to keep the ball and run out the clock, the WR broke a tackle and went 80 yards for the TD. Phil said he wish the WR had taken a knee because he had no intentions of trying to score.

Yes I remember hearing about that and I know a lot of Giles fans were mad. I dont see why PV didnt just run for it on 4th. Yes, it wouldve been a turnover on downs but they had the game won. I can kinda understand why Giles fans, coaches were wanting revenge. But hey, its football. If your defense lays down then the offense will keep scoring until the clock hits 0.