Richlands @ Appomattox

old_school_blue

futbolking that happened in 2010 in the state championship game they would stand over the ball and let the Bulls sub in and out. They really slowed down our no huddle that year.

I was there and that really made me upset..... Ref plodded up to place the football, stood over the ball until defense was set.....that was just wrong.

After watching those two Appo games on Youtube, I really thought the Blues would have won this game by a couple of scores. I guess the Raiders where better than they looked. I live streamed the game as soon as I left the Park. I stated earlier that I thought the game would come down to the Appo DBs vs the Tornado WRs. Sounded like it did from what little I caught on the radio. Correct me if that wasn't the case.

I know that I dreaded seeing you guys again in Salem, but I was pulling for you all the way. My heart sank when that ball was intercepted in OT. Congratulations on a great season! Much respect!

I sure hope you meant to say " good team "   instead of "goof team " there uniON_foOtBall.......LOL !    I was also hoping for us to meet up in Salem,  but it wasn't meant to be.  We got beat by a good team.  

Good luck to you guys next week,  I will be listening and may make the trip to Salem if you guys get there.  If so,  save me a seat !

I was at this game and unfortunately had to sit on Appomattox side because I got to the game 2 hours before kick off and Richlands side was already filled up! Anyways, Richlands defense done a lot of bending but didn't break. Appo had many chances to go up a couple of scores in the 1st half but The Blues D turned it up a few notches when Appo had the ball on their side of the field. Appo is a great team, but it looked to me like once Richlands got up a few scores, they no longer played to win. They played to not lose. But I will agree that the Appomattox D is as great as what every said. Was hoping to see a Richlands/Union rematch but when don't always get what we wish for

As the scoreboard clock ticked down, a feeling of emptiness surrounded us, for the time had come for us to accept the outcome of the battle that again been fought by our young men in Blue. For one to try to describe that feeling, let that be laid at the foot of everyone that witnessed the battle. There were no losers Saturday, for many lessons of life were learned by our soldiers, just as the battles of reality were fought on the same hollowed ground many years ago.

Life presents us all with battles, not measured on a scorboard, but on the sidelines of a thing called reality. Let us never forget the blood shed by our soldiers to make it possible for us to enjoy the game we all love. The cornerstones of life were laid by brave young men. It is not so much the ones who laid the stones, but it is the ones that dug the trenches to where the stones were to be laid that made the foundation of life itself so strong.

We live everyday basting in the glory of victory. Now is the time of reflection back to the day of a hot day in August as our young men in Blue started to prepare for the battles awaiting them. The sweat, the blood, and the tears flowed softy down their proud bodies, preparing them for the day when a game of life would be thrown at us all, not to win or lose, but to test our resolve in human compasion. There will be no more battles this year for the men in Blue, as least not in the game we all love to watch. But there will be battles that we will face in life itself that will test our endurance and character. The disappointment that we faced will not define us, but will help us in life to accept what life will throw at us everyday.

Those young men taught us all some valuable lessons in life. It is not whether we win or lose, but it is how we chose to deal with the final outcome of our battles that define us. We are all family on our makers field of life. We do not not know what life is going to present to us to deal with tomorrow. But one thing for sure, we will be stronger by witnessing the battles of the season, and will make us stronger to face whatever comes our way. Yes, those young men fought a good battle, and in return we thank them for their resolve that irregardless of the outcome, we are now more prepared to accept the final outcome.

I agree, Richlands defense played hard and they were on the field 85% of the night. Conservative play calls and mistakes inside the 10 was the downfall. Appomattox has a great ball team, good luck to all moving forward. Just wasn't meant to be.

keep your heads held high blues, you have nothing to be ashamed of on your season this year, it was stellar. You all done nothing but continue to get better throughout the season and in hopes to carry over for you all next year.

I've stated before and will state again, always good to see mutual respect between richlands and union here, on & off the field. it's become a "rivalry" so to speak as of late. Richlands, Union, and Burton all tweeted to each other about good luck yesterday. That's what it's all about

Until then. #RollBearsRoll

Man I HATE to lose! That being said.....it was a great game. A whole lot could be said about a lot of things but plain and simple was.... we never made the plays when it counted. They had several opportunities to put it away in the first half and we had many chances to put them away in the second half. I am very proud of the boys and all the GREAT fans we have. What a game and atmosphere for High School Football.

Appomattox has a great team no doubt about it. We had a team capable of moving on but just didn't execute what was needed to beat an excellent opponent. I hate it so bad for the seniors especially. Somebody has to lose and that was us this time. A lot of the seniors on this years team will be talked about for years to come. The little boys in the youth league and up to eighth grade will grow up saying.....I want to be like such and such or say......I want to play like him. They were great role models all season for those little guys. They performed community service and spent many hours over at the elementary and middle Schools talking with them. Just a wonderful group of young men that I have enjoyed so much being around and watching play .

Our season is over but most of us Richlands fans will be pulling hard for Union and George Wythe. Hope you guys can when two more. If you make it to Salem....there will be a lot of us fans in Salem pulling for you guys.

Good luck

Congratulations on a great season.  And to all our playoff from SWVA that arent moving on...Cheer for your brethren that are and come back with the same intensity next year and compete to the end.  It was a good season for several of our teams and to all I would say it truly has been a pleasure watching some of the best football this state has to offer right here in SWVA.