Football game needed for 2017-2018 cycle.

MrSocko

I reread some of the other posts in this thread and saw where you mentioned my name. Would you care to tell who your team is and maybe we can get a game scheduled with them? Thevols, have Mark to check on J.I. Burton. I think there may be a lead on them needing a game.

I reread some of the other posts in this thread and saw where you mentioned my name. Would you care to tell who your team is and maybe we can get a game scheduled with them? Thevols, have Mark to check on J.I. Burton. I think there may be a lead on them needing a game.

Don't how true it is but rumor is Unaka, TN is dropping Burton after this Season. Pass the word.

Hey Dickless, if you have something that you need to say to me, by all means say it. Honestjohn is not me. You're truly a pathetic person. You hide behind your screen taking potshots at Hurley, just like Irish-Fan18, and UVAObserver, but you never want to divulge what powerhouse team you guys pull for. You dodge that question time and time again. If you can't answer his question as to which teams are available for week1, 4, or 6, you, Irish-Fan18, and UVAObserver need to find your own team threads and take care of you own damn business.

You may be the only person on this board who doesn't know that UVAO graduated and pulls for Graham.

Hey Dickless, if you have something that you need to say to me, by all means say it. Honestjohn is not me. You're truly a pathetic person. You hide behind your screen taking potshots at Hurley, just like Irish-Fan18, and UVAObserver, but you never want to divulge what powerhouse team you guys pull for. You dodge that question time and time again. If you can't answer his question as to which teams are available for week1, 4, or 6, you, Irish-Fan18, and UVAObserver need to find your own team threads and take care of you own damn business.

If it wasn't already blindingly obvious from the Graham and Giles threads earlier in the week, I'm a Graham G-Men alum and fan. There. Let the record show, for about the hundredth time since I began posting on this board over a decade ago, where my loyalty lies.

It would behoove you to pay attention every now and again.

I don't think that Hurley is looking for a game, I think that they are looking for someone to play and blow out to make themselves look good. There are teams that would be more than happy to play you if you would just grow a pair and play them. Till you man up and play up just shut up!

Has anyone ever seen so many fans from 2A schools wanting to bash a little 1A school. I assume 1instripes is a Referee and if so you need not be. From that comment, it shows your bias toward some teams and fans.

How in the world is G-Man getting Billy Idol stuck in my head this morning showing bias toward someone?  

Hurley has a solid program and does very well for a school of their size. Do they stay away from 2A schools? Of course and for good reason. This Rebel team is very good but if they graduate 7 starters then the next two teams might not be very good. Its literally year to year for these schools. Appy and JIB were brought up, remember both of those had enrollments well above 300 students in their glory days(JIB was  up around 325-350 in the 2000s) and Appy was just a powerhouse, no doubt about it. But those are 2 programs with dozens of examples of others of similar size that couldn't do that.  Does Hurleys schedule need to toughen up, obviously, part of that is their fault and part isint.

Failing to see how larger schools have a decided advantage over smaller schools is idiotic. The VHSL realizes this, as does every other state. If it was a non issues we wouldn't have classifications. Saying "you can only play 11 at a time" is ignorant at best. If you don't understand that then you don't understand high school football. That's not saying a 2A will always beat a 1a, its saying that chances are the larger school will come out on top.

Now on to the Rebel fans. Some are good people and understand football, some are hyper defensive of their school/team/community. Ive had my run ins with them on here before. Some of you need to cool it, youre doing the same thing you do almost every year(and ive said this before), you blow them up to be world beaters(on here and in real life) and then when they slip everyone talks trash about them.

And questioning Stripes integrity is bullshit, plain and simple. Hes a good dude.

There have been two occasions this year when I am very happy that I havent tossed out any verbal/internet banter at friends regarding TN games this year.  The end of the 1st quarter against Tech and halftime of the Florida game last week.