Jump to content
Fairlawncat

Will a single game be played?

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, 44cov3 said:

Can we move this thread to the discussion section of the board or political section.....this is a football thread and I think its veered a little off of football.

I think the thread “Will a Single Game Be Played”  had everything to do with Covid and football combined. It’s already affected many teams’ schedules and games. It’s the nature of the beast for any thread to veer off topic, sometimes quickly. We’ve beat this horse to death, myself included. I’m just glad some games got played Week 1 & more will get played Week 2. Let’s hope the coaches & kids stay healthy and Covid ramps down. We all want as normal as possible but none of us want what Abingdon is having to deal with right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
13 hours ago, spyhunter said:

Reading your coherent statement, which seems to be coupled with a keen sense of self awareness, tells me that you are far from poorly educated.

Much appreciated, but I consider myself poorly educated due to the fact that I only did what I needed to make it through high school, as I had no ambitions of attending college. My ambitions at the time consisted of either joining the Marines, or getting a job in the mines. My dad (a Marine who survived Iwo Jima) talked me out of both. Fortunately, I was able to land a job at Eastman, where I learned that being dependable, listening to people with experience, taking an interest in learning the intricacies of my job, actually doing a good job and having some communication skills would allow me to make a nice living and retire comfortably. I consider myself beyond fortunate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
8 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Much appreciated, but I consider myself poorly educated due to the fact that I only did what I needed to make it through high school, as I had no ambitions of attending college. My ambitions at the time consisted of either joining the Marines, or getting a job in the mines. My dad (a Marine who survived Iwo Jima) talked me out of both. Fortunately, I was able to land a job at Eastman, where I learned that being dependable, listening to people with experience, taking an interest in learning the intricacies of my job, actually doing a good job and having some communication skills would allow me to make a nice living and retire comfortably. I consider myself beyond fortunate. 

I wish you would have joined the Marines and then you could have become The Officer to go with Gentleman you all ready are. Well said!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
5 hours ago, SXSW said:

I wish you would have joined the Marines and then you could have become The Officer to go with Gentleman you all ready are. Well said!

MARINES ---GENTLEMAN...just dont go togather. BE POLITE,BE PROFESSIONAL BUT HAVE A PLAN TO KILL EVERYONE YOU MEET .GEN. MATTIS, WHEN ASKED WHAT KEEPS HIM UP AT NIGHT ?He responded "he kept others awake at night".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 hours ago, SXSW said:

I wish you would have joined the Marines and then you could have become The Officer to go with Gentleman you all ready are. Well said!

I was 17 when I graduated and didn't turn 18 until late September. My parents were against it. I was working for my dad, and more than that, I believe he thought that if I joined the Marines and got out and saw the world, my days in the coalfields would have been over except for visiting. He was probably right. After a few months of living at home, a steady full time job and no bills, my interest in the military waned. I still regret it sometimes though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
35 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

I was 17 when I graduated and didn't turn 18 until late September. My parents were against it. I was working for my dad, and more than that, I believe he thought that if I joined the Marines and got out and saw the world, my days in the coalfields would have been over except for visiting. He was probably right. After a few months of living at home, a steady full time job and no bills, my interest in the military waned. I still regret it sometimes though.

Trust me, after being to Beirut and back twice,JAPAN SPAIN,OKINAWA,ECT ECT ECT, you really thank GOD that you were born in this part of the U S  A, our culture our lifestyle is something that you become to appreciate after seeing the rest of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, jarhead24219 said:

Trust me, after being to Beirut and back twice,JAPAN SPAIN,OKINAWA,ECT ECT ECT, you really thank GOD that you were born in this part of the U S  A, our culture our lifestyle is something that you become to appreciate after seeing the rest of the world.

I’m the opposite. Spent a little time in Germany while in the Army. Came away with an appreciation for how they respect and cultivate life’s simple pleasures. 

I’d retire to other parts of the world without hesitation. Very likely will in another decade.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Thanks to both of you guys for what you have done.  I can't imagine being 17 and away from my parents/family, then soon after, being somewhere half way across the world  That's just crazy to me.  Takes a whole other level of character and Cojones.  To imagine we have people in this country that have developed an instinct to actually run TO the fight, or Towards the catastrophe.  A special place above for these folks. .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
5 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Trust me, after being to Beirut and back twice,JAPAN SPAIN,OKINAWA,ECT ECT ECT, you really thank GOD that you were born in this part of the U S  A, our culture our lifestyle is something that you become to appreciate after seeing the rest of the world.

I probably wouldn't have wanted to live overseas for any extended amount of time, but I probably wouldn't have moved back to Wise County either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 8/26/2021 at 3:32 PM, sixcat said:

People fear scientifically driven data supporting vaccines but will take horse dewormer without hesitation!!!

Society has jumped the shark!

Yeah, but Ivermectin has been around for a loooooooooooooooong time and nobody laughed at folks for using it then. The whole argument against it is rooted in mask and vax shaming. Japan, a first world country is now recommending it to all patients as a form of effective treatment. IMO, our concern should be centered on the how and why an effective treatment is being demonized, ostracized and in this case laughed at. 

I am all for being making their own decisions regarding their health and well being, and fully understand why folks are skeptical of the vaccine. The target has moved so much over the past 18 months that to blindly trust the "science," is a sign of cognitive dissonance. Ivermectin has been around long enough that a lot of folks are at least of the persuasion that it will not cause any long term complications, that cannot be said about the Vaccine. (Just trying to keep it real here and put this in perspective, everyone that is skeptical of the Vax isn't a nut job)

Remember science is a process, it is not an institution nor is it an authority, no need to treat it like it is. Data is constantly changing. 

 

BTW - Ivermectin won the Nobel Prize in 2015 for Medicine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
21 minutes ago, bucfan64 said:

Yeah, but Ivermectin has been around for a loooooooooooooooong time and nobody laughed at folks for using it then. The whole argument against it is rooted in mask and vax shaming. Japan, a first world country is now recommending it to all patients as a form of effective treatment. IMO, our concern should be centered on the how and why an effective treatment is being demonized, ostracized and in this case laughed at. 

I am all for being making their own decisions regarding their health and well being, and fully understand why folks are skeptical of the vaccine. The target has moved so much over the past 18 months that to blindly trust the "science," is a sign of cognitive dissonance. Ivermectin has been around long enough that a lot of folks are at least of the persuasion that it will not cause any long term complications, that cannot be said about the Vaccine. (Just trying to keep it real here and put this in perspective, everyone that is skeptical of the Vax isn't a nut job)

Remember science is a process, it is not an institution nor is it an authority, no need to treat it like it is. Data is constantly changing. 

 

BTW - Ivermectin won the Nobel Prize in 2015 for Medicine

But Ivermectin was given that Nobel in regards to roundworm and other parasitic infections. 

 

This what the FDA says. I respect everyone's right to their own personal health care decisions, but you also have to weigh that against overall public health. It's why vaccinations were mandated in the early 1900s. https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/product-safety-information/faq-covid-19-and-ivermectin-intended-animals

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
32 minutes ago, bucfan64 said:

Yeah, but Ivermectin has been around for a loooooooooooooooong time and nobody laughed at folks for using it then. The whole argument against it is rooted in mask and vax shaming. Japan, a first world country is now recommending it to all patients as a form of effective treatment. IMO, our concern should be centered on the how and why an effective treatment is being demonized, ostracized and in this case laughed at. 

I am all for being making their own decisions regarding their health and well being, and fully understand why folks are skeptical of the vaccine. The target has moved so much over the past 18 months that to blindly trust the "science," is a sign of cognitive dissonance. Ivermectin has been around long enough that a lot of folks are at least of the persuasion that it will not cause any long term complications, that cannot be said about the Vaccine. (Just trying to keep it real here and put this in perspective, everyone that is skeptical of the Vax isn't a nut job)

Remember science is a process, it is not an institution nor is it an authority, no need to treat it like it is. Data is constantly changing. 

 

BTW - Ivermectin won the Nobel Prize in 2015 for Medicine

You have a right to your opinion. I have my right to mine. My opinion is your opinion is weaponized ignorance!

I do offer a sincere apology for publicly sharing the harshness of my opinion. I just feel strongly that not calling out the ignorance, willful disregard of common sense, and convenient cherry-picking of irrelevant details to support your narrative, I would be compromising my own beliefs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
33 minutes ago, bucfan64 said:

Yeah, but Ivermectin has been around for a loooooooooooooooong time and nobody laughed at folks for using it then. The whole argument against it is rooted in mask and vax shaming. Japan, a first world country is now recommending it to all patients as a form of effective treatment. IMO, our concern should be centered on the how and why an effective treatment is being demonized, ostracized and in this case laughed at. 

I am all for being making their own decisions regarding their health and well being, and fully understand why folks are skeptical of the vaccine. The target has moved so much over the past 18 months that to blindly trust the "science," is a sign of cognitive dissonance. Ivermectin has been around long enough that a lot of folks are at least of the persuasion that it will not cause any long term complications, that cannot be said about the Vaccine. (Just trying to keep it real here and put this in perspective, everyone that is skeptical of the Vax isn't a nut job)

Remember science is a process, it is not an institution nor is it an authority, no need to treat it like it is. Data is constantly changing. 

 

BTW - Ivermectin won the Nobel Prize in 2015 for Medicine

Japan has never approved the use of Ivermectin for treating COVID-19.  There’s no data suggesting it treats COVID-19, and has hellacious side effects such as hallucinations, tremors, and hypoxia.  
 

FWIW, Ivermectin won nothing in 2015.  Medicines don’t win those prizes, people do.  William C. Campbell and Satoshi Omuta won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine “for their discoveries concerning a novel therapy against infections caused by roundworm parasites”.  I’m almost certain COVID-19 is not a roundworm parasite.  Using that as an argument is laughable.  It would be akin to saying that Biaxin is a valid COVID-19 treatment because Barry J. Marshall and J. Robin Warren won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2005 showing how Biaxin fought H. pylori bacteria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

The CDC gives Ivermectin to incoming refugees per their own website. I believe page four of the document. It’s obviously safe for human use and many people I know personally have had it prescribed to treat Covid and their symptoms disappeared within a couple of days. Treatment should be up to the patient/doctor at this point. If I had symptoms and my doctor of many years wanted to prescribe it, I would have faith that he knows what’s best for me knowing my health history. 
 

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/guidelines/overseas-guidelines.html 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

The CDC gives Ivermectin to incoming refugees per their own website. I believe page four of the document. It’s obviously safe for human use and many people I know personally have had it prescribed to treat Covid and their symptoms disappeared within a couple of days. Treatment should be up to the patient/doctor at this point. If I had symptoms and my doctor of many years wanted to prescribe it, I would have faith that he knows what’s best for me knowing my health history. 
 

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/guidelines/overseas-guidelines.html 

It’s given to refugees because they often are malnourished and have parasites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

It’s given to refugees because they often are malnourished and have parasites.

I never said it was given to them to treat Covid but if doctors have found that it successfully works for that purpose then why all the uproar? Doctors prescribe off label use of medications all the time. It’s nothing new.  I trust my family doctor more than talking heads on TV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 9/3/2021 at 4:00 PM, UVAObserver said:

Japan has never approved the use of Ivermectin for treating COVID-19.  There’s no data suggesting it treats COVID-19, and has hellacious side effects such as hallucinations, tremors, and hypoxia.  
 

FWIW, Ivermectin won nothing in 2015.  Medicines don’t win those prizes, people do.  William C. Campbell and Satoshi Omuta won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine “for their discoveries concerning a novel therapy against infections caused by roundworm parasites”.  I’m almost certain COVID-19 is not a roundworm parasite.  Using that as an argument is laughable.  It would be akin to saying that Biaxin is a valid COVID-19 treatment because Barry J. Marshall and J. Robin Warren won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2005 showing how Biaxin fought H. pylori bacteria.

Japan IS conducting a nationwide clinical trial of Ivermectin, it has been approved for a clinical trial and has been given the go ahead for "informed consent," with patients. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 9/3/2021 at 3:57 PM, sixcat said:

You have a right to your opinion. I have my right to mine. My opinion is your opinion is weaponized ignorance!

I do offer a sincere apology for publicly sharing the harshness of my opinion. I just feel strongly that not calling out the ignorance, willful disregard of common sense, and convenient cherry-picking of irrelevant details to support your narrative, I would be compromising my own beliefs. 

I simply stated the myriad of reasons that people are skeptical of vaccinations, of which, you failed to disprove any. The sad reality is, I am not hand picking irrelevant data, inconsistencies have been the norm since day one and it is these inconsistencies from "authorities," that have led to many not receiving the vaccination. Unfortunately, for some reason this triggered you and others to get all defensive, are you suggesting that what I am saying about some people is not true? Are you suggesting that there have been no inconsistencies?

The simple truth of the matter is, the continuous back and forth, inconsistencies, double standards, disregard of data, accompanied with the supposition that science is an authority have led many to be skeptical. They are as equally entitled to their opinions as others. I personally, along with my family, have all been vaccinated. However, to suggest that skepticism is not warranted is grossly ignorant. It is OK to admit that many people are skeptical and that their skepticism is the reason that they are not getting vaccinated, admitting this does not somehow mean that you endorse or love Donald Trump. Being skeptical does not mean that one has a greater disregard for human life nor does it imply that they care less for their fellow man as you imply.

I made an objective observation and the Gestapo is now out in full force, go for it, I am not afraid of Fascist. The simple truth is, the "authorities," ie (CDC, Fauci, AMA, NIH, etc.) have undermined the public trust, this fact has nothing to do with your support for or against the various vaccine options. I am simply stating a fact. 

Consider these contradictions. (I personally can attribute many of these to government attempts to just do something pro-active, however, some will not see them that way and therefore have become skeptical)

You can attend a wedding with strangers but are only allowed to have 7 friends over for a party.

You can send your kids to school on a bus, but you should avoid taking public transportation.

You can watch a football game in a bar full of patrons but cannot observe from the bleachers or sidelines, even though you are outdoors.

Players must be separated by 6 feet on the sidelines and wear a mask but are permitted to sweat and have contact on the gym floor and that is acceptable. 

You must wear a mask when entering a restaurant, but can remove said mask after being seated. 

Students who are not vaccinated are dis-enrolled from Universities but 70,000 fans are allowed to sit on top of each other during a football game. While admitting that BOTH vaxxed and unvaxxed can spread Covid.

The vaccinated can transmit Covid, the unvaccinated can transmit covid, but the unvaccinated are bad, inconsiderate people, why? Because they can transmit covid! 

 

Fauci FLIP FLOPS

In late January 2020, Fauci said that COVID was a ‘very, very low risk to the United States,’"

Dr. Fauci originally said that masks weren’t effective & publicly encouraged Americans not to buy them (guidance he doesn’t regret). Now even vaccinated people need to wear masks

I wonder which science should we follow?

Fauci, no new masks mandates for Delta Variant

Fauci, suggests mask mandates for Delta Variant

Fauci, Masks not really effective.

Fauci, Masks, Goggles, needed to fight Covid

Fauci, Double masking is highly recommended

Or one of these gems.

Lets move social distancing in schools from 6 feet to 3 feet since we now realize that we do not have enough physical space in the schools to properly enforce the 6 foot rule. 

CDC says that if you are vaccinated you can ditch masks, CDC says that Vaccinated people must wear masks.

CDC recommends that everyone wear a mask on page 1 of their website, on page 6 of that same website, the CDC specifies that only fitted and sized respirators are acceptable deterrents to Covid and that all other masks are ineffective against aerosols. 

Biden says no masks indoor or out for vaccinated, minutes earlier and later the CDC says otherwise.

Masks for everyone, unless you are attending a party at Martha's Vineyard with 700 friends of Obama (masks for thee but not for me)

Gavin Newsome locks down California, then attends an indoor party with several friends INDOORS, no masks (Masks for thee but not for me)

I think it is safe to say that shaming someone for being skeptical, considering the small percentage of inconsistencies that I have mentioned here is actually an example of ignorance or cognitive dissonance. My comments were never meant to be pro-vaxx or anti-vaxx but rather explanatory. The knee jerk response of many, such as yourself, is strongly biased toward your opinion, you are quick to throw others under the bus and cancel them and their concerns, when we all know that healthy skepticism is good for our society. Should everyone get the vaccine? That is a decision that is best left up to an individual and their doctor, a collective, one size fits all approach is not realistic, especially considering the wide variety of health conditions that would prohibit someone from possibly being vaccinated. 

I have a nephew, a cancer survivor, his doctors have advised him against taking the vaccine, I suppose he is "ignorant," and inconsiderate of others, a threat to society that needs to be removed. 

If none of the above references are cause for skepticism, then blind ignorance may be your problem.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 9/3/2021 at 4:43 PM, Gridiron60 said:

I never said it was given to them to treat Covid but if doctors have found that it successfully works for that purpose then why all the uproar? Doctors prescribe off label use of medications all the time. It’s nothing new.  I trust my family doctor more than talking heads on TV. 

The AMA is incredibly politicized as are other agencies of government. The same AMA recently argued for patient/doctor privacy in response to the recent 6 week abortion law in Texas, while simultaneously, objecting to patient/doctor privacy regarding the prescription of Ivermectin. These type of inconsistencies lead people to distrust these agencies and organizations. I personally take a libertarian approach and side with the idea that the patient and the doctor should have privacy and that the doctor should know what is best for the patient, not the government or some agency of government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 9/3/2021 at 4:00 PM, UVAObserver said:

Japan has never approved the use of Ivermectin for treating COVID-19.  There’s no data suggesting it treats COVID-19, and has hellacious side effects such as hallucinations, tremors, and hypoxia.  
 

FWIW, Ivermectin won nothing in 2015.  Medicines don’t win those prizes, people do.  William C. Campbell and Satoshi Omuta won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine “for their discoveries concerning a novel therapy against infections caused by roundworm parasites”.  I’m almost certain COVID-19 is not a roundworm parasite.  Using that as an argument is laughable.  It would be akin to saying that Biaxin is a valid COVID-19 treatment because Barry J. Marshall and J. Robin Warren won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2005 showing how Biaxin fought H. pylori bacteria.

UVAObserver has spoken, let it be so!

Absolutley, it is entirely impossible that a drug or treatment could be effective for something other than it's original intent. This has never happened in medicine, NEVER, Correct?

 

Ivermectin, for whatever reason has shown to prevent an INCREASE in covid symptoms. It has also show to prevent covid from interfering with innate immunity. It has also shown  to help decrease inflammation in the body as a result of excessive immune reaction to the virus. 

No parasites, no tape worms, were killed during the typing of this post, yet, Ivermectin, a drug designed to eliminate parasites has shown to be effective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 9/3/2021 at 4:43 PM, Gridiron60 said:

I never said it was given to them to treat Covid but if doctors have found that it successfully works for that purpose then why all the uproar? Doctors prescribe off label use of medications all the time. It’s nothing new.  I trust my family doctor more than talking heads on TV. 

Because it would go against the spoon fed narrative. It does not matter if it helps anyone, the "science is settled," on all things, because Fauci said so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
42 minutes ago, bucfan64 said:

I simply stated the myriad of reasons that people are skeptical of vaccinations, of which, you failed to disprove any. The sad reality is, I am not hand picking irrelevant data, inconsistencies have been the norm since day one and it is these inconsistencies from "authorities," that have led to many not receiving the vaccination. Unfortunately, for some reason this triggered you and others to get all defensive, are you suggesting that what I am saying about some people is not true? Are you suggesting that there have been no inconsistencies?

The simple truth of the matter is, the continuous back and forth, inconsistencies, double standards, disregard of data, accompanied with the supposition that science is an authority have led many to be skeptical. They are as equally entitled to their opinions as others. I personally, along with my family, have all been vaccinated. However, to suggest that skepticism is not warranted is grossly ignorant. It is OK to admit that many people are skeptical and that their skepticism is the reason that they are not getting vaccinated, admitting this does not somehow mean that you endorse or love Donald Trump. Being skeptical does not mean that one has a greater disregard for human life nor does it imply that they care less for their fellow man as you imply.

I made an objective observation and the Gestapo is now out in full force, go for it, I am not afraid of Fascist. The simple truth is, the "authorities," ie (CDC, Fauci, AMA, NIH, etc.) have undermined the public trust, this fact has nothing to do with your support for or against the various vaccine options. I am simply stating a fact. 

Consider these contradictions. (I personally can attribute many of these to government attempts to just do something pro-active, however, some will not see them that way and therefore have become skeptical)

You can attend a wedding with strangers but are only allowed to have 7 friends over for a party.

You can send your kids to school on a bus, but you should avoid taking public transportation.

You can watch a football game in a bar full of patrons but cannot observe from the bleachers or sidelines, even though you are outdoors.

Players must be separated by 6 feet on the sidelines and wear a mask but are permitted to sweat and have contact on the gym floor and that is acceptable. 

You must wear a mask when entering a restaurant, but can remove said mask after being seated. 

Students who are not vaccinated are dis-enrolled from Universities but 70,000 fans are allowed to sit on top of each other during a football game. While admitting that BOTH vaxxed and unvaxxed can spread Covid.

The vaccinated can transmit Covid, the unvaccinated can transmit covid, but the unvaccinated are bad, inconsiderate people, why? Because they can transmit covid! 

 

Fauci FLIP FLOPS

In late January 2020, Fauci said that COVID was a ‘very, very low risk to the United States,’"

Dr. Fauci originally said that masks weren’t effective & publicly encouraged Americans not to buy them (guidance he doesn’t regret). Now even vaccinated people need to wear masks

I wonder which science should we follow?

Fauci, no new masks mandates for Delta Variant

Fauci, suggests mask mandates for Delta Variant

Fauci, Masks not really effective.

Fauci, Masks, Goggles, needed to fight Covid

Fauci, Double masking is highly recommended

Or one of these gems.

Lets move social distancing in schools from 6 feet to 3 feet since we now realize that we do not have enough physical space in the schools to properly enforce the 6 foot rule. 

CDC says that if you are vaccinated you can ditch masks, CDC says that Vaccinated people must wear masks.

CDC recommends that everyone wear a mask on page 1 of their website, on page 6 of that same website, the CDC specifies that only fitted and sized respirators are acceptable deterrents to Covid and that all other masks are ineffective against aerosols. 

Biden says no masks indoor or out for vaccinated, minutes earlier and later the CDC says otherwise.

Masks for everyone, unless you are attending a party at Martha's Vineyard with 700 friends of Obama (masks for thee but not for me)

Gavin Newsome locks down California, then attends an indoor party with several friends INDOORS, no masks (Masks for thee but not for me)

I think it is safe to say that shaming someone for being skeptical, considering the small percentage of inconsistencies that I have mentioned here is actually an example of ignorance or cognitive dissonance. My comments were never meant to be pro-vaxx or anti-vaxx but rather explanatory. The knee jerk response of many, such as yourself, is strongly biased toward your opinion, you are quick to throw others under the bus and cancel them and their concerns, when we all know that healthy skepticism is good for our society. Should everyone get the vaccine? That is a decision that is best left up to an individual and their doctor, a collective, one size fits all approach is not realistic, especially considering the wide variety of health conditions that would prohibit someone from possibly being vaccinated. 

I have a nephew, a cancer survivor, his doctors have advised him against taking the vaccine, I suppose he is "ignorant," and inconsiderate of others, a threat to society that needs to be removed. 

If none of the above references are cause for skepticism, then blind ignorance may be your problem.

 

 

Sir, this is a Wendy's!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, bucfan64 said:

Japan IS conducting a nationwide clinical trial of Ivermectin, it has been approved for a clinical trial and has been given the go ahead for "informed consent," with patients. 

Kitasato University in Kanagawa, Japan has a clinical trial in Phase 2 with an estimated completion date of September 30, 2021Early returns are not promising.  FWIW, all Phase 2 clinical trials are "given the go-ahead" for "informed consent", because you have to actively sign up for the trial...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
56 minutes ago, bucfan64 said:

I simply stated the myriad of reasons that people are skeptical of vaccinations, of which, you failed to disprove any. The sad reality is, I am not hand picking irrelevant data, inconsistencies have been the norm since day one and it is these inconsistencies from "authorities," that have led to many not receiving the vaccination. Unfortunately, for some reason this triggered you and others to get all defensive, are you suggesting that what I am saying about some people is not true? Are you suggesting that there have been no inconsistencies?

The simple truth of the matter is, the continuous back and forth, inconsistencies, double standards, disregard of data, accompanied with the supposition that science is an authority have led many to be skeptical. They are as equally entitled to their opinions as others. I personally, along with my family, have all been vaccinated. However, to suggest that skepticism is not warranted is grossly ignorant. It is OK to admit that many people are skeptical and that their skepticism is the reason that they are not getting vaccinated, admitting this does not somehow mean that you endorse or love Donald Trump. Being skeptical does not mean that one has a greater disregard for human life nor does it imply that they care less for their fellow man as you imply.

I made an objective observation and the Gestapo is now out in full force, go for it, I am not afraid of Fascist. The simple truth is, the "authorities," ie (CDC, Fauci, AMA, NIH, etc.) have undermined the public trust, this fact has nothing to do with your support for or against the various vaccine options. I am simply stating a fact. 

Consider these contradictions. (I personally can attribute many of these to government attempts to just do something pro-active, however, some will not see them that way and therefore have become skeptical)

You can attend a wedding with strangers but are only allowed to have 7 friends over for a party.

You can send your kids to school on a bus, but you should avoid taking public transportation.

You can watch a football game in a bar full of patrons but cannot observe from the bleachers or sidelines, even though you are outdoors.

Players must be separated by 6 feet on the sidelines and wear a mask but are permitted to sweat and have contact on the gym floor and that is acceptable. 

You must wear a mask when entering a restaurant, but can remove said mask after being seated. 

Students who are not vaccinated are dis-enrolled from Universities but 70,000 fans are allowed to sit on top of each other during a football game. While admitting that BOTH vaxxed and unvaxxed can spread Covid.

The vaccinated can transmit Covid, the unvaccinated can transmit covid, but the unvaccinated are bad, inconsiderate people, why? Because they can transmit covid! 

 

Fauci FLIP FLOPS

In late January 2020, Fauci said that COVID was a ‘very, very low risk to the United States,’"

Dr. Fauci originally said that masks weren’t effective & publicly encouraged Americans not to buy them (guidance he doesn’t regret). Now even vaccinated people need to wear masks

I wonder which science should we follow?

Fauci, no new masks mandates for Delta Variant

Fauci, suggests mask mandates for Delta Variant

Fauci, Masks not really effective.

Fauci, Masks, Goggles, needed to fight Covid

Fauci, Double masking is highly recommended

Or one of these gems.

Lets move social distancing in schools from 6 feet to 3 feet since we now realize that we do not have enough physical space in the schools to properly enforce the 6 foot rule. 

CDC says that if you are vaccinated you can ditch masks, CDC says that Vaccinated people must wear masks.

CDC recommends that everyone wear a mask on page 1 of their website, on page 6 of that same website, the CDC specifies that only fitted and sized respirators are acceptable deterrents to Covid and that all other masks are ineffective against aerosols. 

Biden says no masks indoor or out for vaccinated, minutes earlier and later the CDC says otherwise.

Masks for everyone, unless you are attending a party at Martha's Vineyard with 700 friends of Obama (masks for thee but not for me)

Gavin Newsome locks down California, then attends an indoor party with several friends INDOORS, no masks (Masks for thee but not for me)

I think it is safe to say that shaming someone for being skeptical, considering the small percentage of inconsistencies that I have mentioned here is actually an example of ignorance or cognitive dissonance. My comments were never meant to be pro-vaxx or anti-vaxx but rather explanatory. The knee jerk response of many, such as yourself, is strongly biased toward your opinion, you are quick to throw others under the bus and cancel them and their concerns, when we all know that healthy skepticism is good for our society. Should everyone get the vaccine? That is a decision that is best left up to an individual and their doctor, a collective, one size fits all approach is not realistic, especially considering the wide variety of health conditions that would prohibit someone from possibly being vaccinated. 

I have a nephew, a cancer survivor, his doctors have advised him against taking the vaccine, I suppose he is "ignorant," and inconsiderate of others, a threat to society that needs to be removed. 

If none of the above references are cause for skepticism, then blind ignorance may be your problem.

 

 

Holy copypasta, Batman!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
55 minutes ago, bucfan64 said:

UVAObserver has spoken, let it be so!

Absolutley, it is entirely impossible that a drug or treatment could be effective for something other than it's original intent. This has never happened in medicine, NEVER, Correct?

 

Ivermectin, for whatever reason has shown to prevent an INCREASE in covid symptoms. It has also show to prevent covid from interfering with innate immunity. It has also shown  to help decrease inflammation in the body as a result of excessive immune reaction to the virus. 

No parasites, no tape worms, were killed during the typing of this post, yet, Ivermectin, a drug designed to eliminate parasites has shown to be effective. 

Please cite your sources, or please excuse yourself from this discussion.  I could write that eating a pound of crack has been shown to prevent an increase in COVID symptoms and provides full immunity the second it hits your lips.*  It doesn't make it so.

I've cited one, from the home of the Phase 2 clinical trial no less, stating that it's a bunch of malarkey.  



*Actually, it does, mainly because it would kill you.  Just like this horse anti-parasitic taken in extreme doses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...