Jump to content
Gridiron60

Union vs Graham

Recommended Posts

They have rotated Meadows over center at times. When they do it blows stuff up to say the least. What concerns me about our D line is the limited playing time they've had. On the second Richlands possession we substituted the D line and one of the LBs. Richlands moved right down the field on us. Hopefully we are in good enough shape to go 4 quarters. We gonna need it this week lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
11 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

They have rotated Meadows over center at times. When they do it blows stuff up to say the least. What concerns me about our D line is the limited playing time they've had. On the second Richlands possession we substituted the D line and one of the LBs. Richlands moved right down the field on us. Hopefully we are in good enough shape to go 4 quarters. We gonna need it this week lol

That will be a concern for Union as well. Only played 4 quarters out of 2 games, and there wasn't a ton of energy expended in those. Normally though, Coach Turner has them well conditioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

If you see a idiot standing by himself that'd be me

I wouldn't let you miss this game for nothing😂

All jokes aside, this being a Thursday night game and the teams playing I expect there to be a good crowd. I hope yall have safe travels to and from the game. I really think those that come will be treated to a good SWVA football game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 

Princeton game now cancelled with Linsly. Going to be on my guess, at least 1000 "others" in attendance with distances ranging from here in Radford, through Princeton, Bluefield, WV, Tazewell, and probably as far as Richlands. I would be surprised if less than 1000 not Graham or Union fans. 1000 might be on the low side I estimation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Princeton game now cancelled with Linsly. Going to be on my guess, at least 1000 "others" in attendance with distances ranging from here in Radford, through Princeton, Bluefield, WV, Tazewell, and probably as far as Richlands. I would be surprised if less than 1000 not Graham or Union fans. 1000 might be on the low side I estimation.

That def helps Graham on the revenue side, there will be lots of interested partys without a rooting interest. But Union fans could see fewer attend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I know I couldn't do a 2 plus hour trip on a Thursday night. For Union fans, it's not just getting there somehow as quickly as possible after getting off work, it's having to go to work Friday and getting back super late. 

The reason for the high (non Union-Graham fan) turnout is not just because it's the only game on the slate, but it's because they know the opponent coming to Bluefield is the real deal and has a history to back it up. Not that the GMen are shabby, but folks from Radford to Tazewell have seen Graham many times, but not Union. I'm riding up with 4 friends and we are meeting up with another 5-6 Giles/Raddy/Pulaski fan combos.  There's always some intrigue about climbing up on the mountain to Bluefield, especially when we get to eat at Dolly's Diner in Princeton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

I know I couldn't do a 2 plus hour trip on a Thursday night. For Union fans, it's not just getting there somehow as quickly as possible after getting off work, it's having to go to work Friday and getting back super late. 

The reason for the high (non Union-Graham fan) turnout is not just because it's the only game on the slate, but it's because they know the opponent coming to Bluefield is the real deal and has a history to back it up. Not that the GMen are shabby, but folks from Radford to Tazewell have seen Graham many times, but not Union. I'm riding up with 4 friends and we are meeting up with another 5-6 Giles/Raddy/Pulaski fan combos.  There's always some intrigue about climbing up on the mountain to Bluefield, especially when we get to eat at Dolly's Diner in Princeton.

I’ll loan you some cowbells if y’all will ring them when Graham scores. 😂 We need some exuberant pseudo fans to help fire up the home crowd! 😂 Safe travels & hope the game is worth the trip & definitely hope the GMen can break the losing record at home against Union. It’s no easy task ahead but I hope they’re up to it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
8 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

I know I couldn't do a 2 plus hour trip on a Thursday night. For Union fans, it's not just getting there somehow as quickly as possible after getting off work, it's having to go to work Friday and getting back super late. 

The reason for the high (non Union-Graham fan) turnout is not just because it's the only game on the slate, but it's because they know the opponent coming to Bluefield is the real deal and has a history to back it up. Not that the GMen are shabby, but folks from Radford to Tazewell have seen Graham many times, but not Union. I'm riding up with 4 friends and we are meeting up with another 5-6 Giles/Raddy/Pulaski fan combos.  There's always some intrigue about climbing up on the mountain to Bluefield, especially when we get to eat at Dolly's Diner in Princeton.

Definitely gonna be a good bit of Giles people there. Me and my dad will definitely be in attendance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Most of the non Graham, non Union fans will be setting on Unions side. Whatever Union doesn't bring due to the Thursday  pm time and distance, that amount will look like it didn't exist due to the neutral fans that will set on Unions side Minus the Bluefield Beavers fans. The folks in Bluefield, I love em, but they are fickle about Graham and Beaver. They hate each other that week and for that game, but they come together.like Siamese twins when the two are Not playing one another. I would bet most of the Bluefield, WV, Beaver fans are setting on Graham's side. They know each other, they are brothers and sisters, husband's and wives and when they are Not battling it out, they really do see themselves as one Bluefield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
8 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

I fumbled through 3 pages of this and had enough. All I've seen is "Bradshaw and Meadows" .. well Union may not have "Bradshaw and Meadows" but Union has a TEAM of 11 on  the field instead of a team of 2 and 9 other bodies. 

You can bet your boots that Turner has covered Graham as a TEAM not as a couple. I think its only natural for people to talk about those two due to their recruitment. When people talk about Tampa Bay, who do they talk about? Definitely no slight to the other 40+ kids on the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
22 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

I fumbled through 3 pages of this and had enough. All I've seen is "Bradshaw and Meadows" .. well Union may not have "Bradshaw and Meadows" but Union has a TEAM of 11 on  the field instead of a team of 2 and 9 other bodies. 

Pulling up a post with Graham in the topic and getting upset at the amount of times Bradshaw and Meadows are mentioned is the equivalent of buying a Penthouse and getting angry at the nudity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
22 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

You can bet your boots that Turner has covered Graham as a TEAM not as a couple. I think its only natural for people to talk about those two due to their recruitment. When people talk about Tampa Bay, who do they talk about? Definitely no slight to the other 40+ kids on the team. 

We did the same crap with Mitchell so it's all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
11 minutes ago, Gfan said:

Pulling up a post with Graham in the topic and getting upset at the amount of times Bradshaw and Meadows are mentioned is the equivalent of buying a Penthouse and getting angry at the nudity.

Bradshaw gets talked about the most but Meadows scares me a little more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
33 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

You can bet your boots that Turner has covered Graham as a TEAM not as a couple. I think its only natural for people to talk about those two due to their recruitment. When people talk about Tampa Bay, who do they talk about? Definitely no slight to the other 40+ kids on the team. 

Rays, Bucs, Lightning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, CriticalNoise said:

Rays, Bucs, Lightning?

No dog in the Fight, but if your going by D1 recruits with 2 of Graham's and the other 9, then we have to remember for Union it can be Lomax and the other 10. He is Div 1, so the GMen aren't the only team in the contest with a D1 recruit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
26 minutes ago, Gfan said:

Pulling up a post with Graham in the topic and getting upset at the amount of times Bradshaw and Meadows are mentioned is the equivalent of buying a Penthouse and getting angry at the nudity.

Exactly, for me, it would be like buying a subscription for Penthouse and having the Lack of enough nudity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
6 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

Rays, Bucs, Lightning?

He meant the Bucs and Brady. 

people from Graham have been very respectful about Union and the team, I don't feel like anyone has slighted the Union talent.  But if a game involves Graham, it only makes sense you mention two kids getting lots of looks from D1 programs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

No dog in the Fight, but if your going by D1 recruits with 2 of Graham's and the other 9, then we have to remember for Union it can be Lomax and the other 10. He is Div 1, so the GMen aren't the only team in the contest with a D1 recruit.

But Jenkins has been offered as well. Why doesn’t he count along side Lomax?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...