Round 2 Updates

SWVAgridiron

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

That game did not end the way that I thought it would. I didn’t think Central would walk away with it but I definitely figured they’d win. 

You'd think Graham if they win tomorrow probably would match up better with Ridgeview anyways but I've been wrong all day so no need to change now

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

More surprised they held Greenville to 7 points than I am that they won.

Devils have looked other worldly in the speed department this year.

Yep. Surprised, but not shocked that Betsy won, but I am shocked at the score. Too bad I missed most of it when NFHS went down. Thought about going to it, but my blood hasn't adjusted to the cold yet. When we left South Florida yesterday, it was 76 degrees at 6:00 AM and I haven't recovered since we got to Kingsport.

5 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Heck, I say Holston may give Galax some issues. I'm 99.9% sure they will meet in 2 weeks.

Nothing is guaranteed with Twin Springs tomorrow, but I would really like to see that rematch. Titans are playing pretty solid right now. Winner may get slaughtered by Galax or Riverheads, but that would make for an exciting game.

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

One thing I've noticed watching these games on nfhs is "Holding" is screamed on every play. This Appo game is terrible.

Agree.  I believe the same guy I was complaining about earlier is now yelling "wooo" after every play.  I should have left the sound down.

2 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

One thing I've noticed watching these games on nfhs is "Holding" is screamed on every play. This Appo game is terrible.

Last week while watching Palm Beach Gardens at Treasure Coast, there were two guys behind us screaming holding every time PBG ran a play on offense, and it wasn't the first game we went to that had people doing that. 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Nothing is guaranteed with Twin Springs tomorrow, but I would really like to see that rematch. Titans are playing pretty solid right now. Winner may get slaughtered by Galax or Riverheads, but that would make for an exciting game.

I can't see Holston or Galax going toe to toe against Riverheads. Riverheads is just on a different level.

32 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

You'd think Graham if they win tomorrow probably would match up better with Ridgeview anyways but I've been wrong all day so no need to change now

That’s a big if…getting by Union will not be an easy task. The only thing certain at this point is Ridgeview travels for the championship game. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

That’s a big if…getting by Union will not be an easy task. The only thing certain at this point is Ridgeview travels for the championship game. 

I won't be surprised if Ridgeview just goes ahead and forfeits the rest of the season. We beat Central twice, Won a dramatic playoff game over Richlands, won 9 games. We're completely happy with that. No need to keep pressing our luck by playing Graham or Union. Lol

The Beavers will travel again.  This time, to what many think (according to WV Metro News Commentators) feel is arguably the best team in West WV's AA this year in Independence.  As usual, Fairmont Senior won again in a close one 33-28.  Fairmont will travel to the winner of Poca vs Franfort.  Calpreps predicts Bluefield over Independence 38-35

Just now, Hokiebird7 said:

Did cburg go for 2 or miss extra point late when they cut it to 28-27?

It was a wild ending. Went for 2, long official conference ruled no good. Onsides kick, looong official conference ruled Cburg recovered. Long pass play got Cburg down to the LB 10 yd line, and with all the momentum.... fumbled. LB recovered, got a 1st down and ran out the clock.

3 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Did cburg go for 2 or miss extra point late when they cut it to 28-27?

I watched the ending. They went for two and I could almost swear he crossed the plain. Refs met and talked about it for a few mins and called it no good. Cburg kicked it onsides and recovered. Refs met and talked about it for 5 mins and gave Cburg the ball. Cburg drove down to the 5 and on first down done a pitch play and fumbled the pitch. LB ran out the clock after that