Appomattox/Graham II, Electric Boogaloo

Deleted Account

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Well, just drove by the stadium.  Sure enough 2 charter buses pulling up.  One on the ramp, one parking in the auditorium lot. Lights on and  some dude holding the gate open.  SMH at the city of Bluefield West.  Do they want to give them Graham's playbook too? 

They posted a nice video clip on their FB page, "Raiders getting their feel for Mitchell Field" . 

16 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

They made zero! So, yes the goodness of their heart, apparently. Word on the street Appo is getting to practice free of charge, courtesy of the town of Bluefield, WV. Graham coaches were unaware until last night. 

So. Didn't Graham practice Friday? Appo probably did not before getting there due to travel. Isn't it fair that both teams got to practice Friday?

54 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

So. Didn't Graham practice Friday? Appo probably did not before getting there due to travel. Isn't it fair that both teams got to practice Friday?

There are many options along I-81 or 460 to practice besides doing a behind the scenes deal to practice at the home team’s field without even running it by the home team’s head coach, Graham pays to use that facility. Princeton is a 10-15 minute drive from Comfort Inn.  I’m not 100% sure how much in the know the city employee that I spoke with is but he said Appo paid nothing. If that’s the case it’s even more of a bad look for the town of Bluefield, WV. Does Appo have the right to practice on Friday, absolutely! Should they have been afforded the opportunity to practice at Mitchell without Graham even being asked, my answer is a resounding no! But like I said, I’m petty. Lol! Appo took advantage of a situation out of Graham’s hands, kudos to them! Ultimately, won’t affect the outcome today, it’s just unheard of in my opinion. This needs to propel Bluefield, VA to build our own stadium & quit giving Bluefield, WV tens of thousands of dollars every year to use Mitchell. 

Today is a new day! Game day! Let’s go GMen!!!!!! Bring home the win!!!! 

12 hours ago, oldfool said:

Some of our people are enjoying the light display in the park. They really liked the one of Grahams championship team with the goal  post. Also heard it said they had so much food left over that they took to the homeless shelter and donated it.

Watched the live video of the woman who always showed live footage of the game before she got caught. 

I told her she should see Bristol Motor Speedway and she said it’s on her bucket list. 

Heard her talking about the homeless shelter. 

Y’all have our number in Far SWVA. Last Far SWVA team to beat y’all was Lee High in 2014. 

While Region D is looking to settle the score, a gesture like that would make it hard to pull against y’all if you beat Graham. 

Much respect. Showing the love of Jesus. That’s what the Christmas season is about. 

16 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Had they not kicked off to Bradshaw twice this very well could have been an Appo win. Congrats G-Men! I hope you and Galax bring the titles back. I’ll be in Salem cheering for SWVA!! 

Why Appo kicked to Bradshaw is puzzling? I hope KW does the same thing, lol! 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Why Appo kicked to Bradshaw is puzzling? I hope KW does the same thing, lol! 

I’d say Appo has the best coaching staff in 2A. Why they made the decision to do that puzzles me as well. Bradshaw is one of the most dangerous return guys across the state. Do everything you can to keep it out of his hands

4 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I believe the times have been flipped. The class 2A game is at noon and the class 1A game is at 4:30.

That is what the radio announcers said tonight.