Brawl @ Applebees? Union - Graham

T8KNDookeez

Our crew loves Macadoos whenever we are in a town that has one anymore. I can speak for Wooden Pickle, Bellas(we have all of our pre-season crew meets there), and Bonefire. Although it used to be a chain, we STILL mess with the Bonanza in Lebanon. I'm with Sixcat, find the local spots. We ALWAYS get great food and service there and they are usually more than accommodating to host us for our meetings..  I can microwave food at home, looking at you Applebees and Chilis. 

3 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

At least they don’t have the worst McDonalds. Clintwood wins that award by a country mile.

Clearly you haven't eaten at the one in Whitesburg. Big Stone's isn't much either.

4 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

Our crew loves Macadoos whenever we are in a town that has one anymore. I can speak for Wooden Pickle, Bellas(we have all of our pre-season crew meets there), and Bonefire. Although it used to be a chain, we STILL mess with the Bonanza in Lebanon. I'm with Sixcat, find the local spots. We ALWAYS get great food and service there and they are usually more than accommodating to host us for our meetings..  I can microwave food at home, looking at you Applebees and Chilis. 

My only complaint about Macado's is the owner. When my wife and I lived in Roanoke, he dated our neighbor. On a Saturday night bender, he drove his Jeep Wrangler over the hood of my wife's Honda Accord, through our front door, and parked halfway in our living room. 

58 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Support locally owned businesses!!!!!  The food and service are always better and your patronage is much more appreciated. Some of the best memories my family has are the random mom and pop places we've eaten on Friday nights.

• Edelweiss (near Riverheads). Not SWVA but the place was outstanding and the people may have been better!
  • Wooden Pickle (Marion)
  • Moon Dog (Wytheville)
  • The Mason Jar (Hillsville)
  • Bonefire Smokehouse (Abingdon)
  • Chip & Jo's (Salem)
  • Toasters Deli (Hillsville)

Bonefire!! So freaking good. 

Some that we love are:

Southern Craft (Bristol)

The Lighthouse (Bristol)

The Dip Dog (Marion-ish)

Roma’s (Richlands)

JJ’s (Abingdon) 

Rt. 19 Hot Dog Shop (Claypool Hill)

Ma & Pa’s (Castlewood)

Lyon’s Den (Abingdon)

El Campestre (Chilhowie)

Hungry Brother BBQ (Marion)

Hob-Nob (Gate City)

Just a few off the top of my head that we’ve enjoyed. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Some that we love are:

Southern Craft (Bristol)

The Lighthouse (Bristol)

The Dip Dog (Marion-ish)

Roma’s (Richlands)

JJ’s (Abingdon) 

Ma & Pa’s (Castlewood)

Lyon’s Den (Abingdon)

El Campestre (Chilhowie)

Hob-Nob (Gate City)

That Mexican place across from Richlands HS is pretty good. It was the time I ate there. 

8 hours ago, T8KNDookeez said:

Heard over the week form local law enforcement there was fight between Union fans and Graham fans after the game at Applebees in Bluefield, VA. Were any of you fine people involved or present for that incident?

Wasn't involved in that one but did get in a few good sucker punches in the McDonalds brawl

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Some that we love are:

Southern Craft (Bristol)

The Lighthouse (Bristol)

The Dip Dog (Marion-ish)

Roma’s (Richlands)

JJ’s (Abingdon) 

Ma & Pa’s (Castlewood)

Lyon’s Den (Abingdon)

El Campestre (Chilhowie)

Hob-Nob (Gate City)

Weasie's kitchen in Waynesboro  good home cooking and tailgait in Waynesboro if you are in the area. Both owned by the same family and use fresh ground beef only.

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

My only complaint about Macado's is the owner. When my wife and I lived in Roanoke, he dated our neighbor. On a Saturday night bender, he drove his Jeep Wrangler over the hood of my wife's Honda Accord, through our front door, and parked halfway in our living room. 

Man, that's a story!

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

I wouldn't like him either if he dated my neighbor 😂

5 hours ago, chipinbogey said:

I can vouch for the Wooden Pickle. Love it. When I was working, we had a large outdoor sign place in Bluefield that used our resin. We were doing some product trials there one day and they took us out to lunch at a place that was in an old house, and I can't remember the name of it. The she-crab bisque was fantastic. That's probably been 15 years ago. 

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Some that we love are:

Southern Craft (Bristol)

The Lighthouse (Bristol)

The Dip Dog (Marion-ish)

Roma’s (Richlands)

JJ’s (Abingdon) 

Ma & Pa’s (Castlewood)

Lyon’s Den (Abingdon)

El Campestre (Chilhowie)

Hob-Nob (Gate City)

The Corner Shop (Bramwell) 

Dolly’s Diner (Princeton) 

Fannies (Doran)

128 Pecan (Abingdon)

Lynn’s Drive Inn (Bluewell) 

Fisher & Co (Tazewell) 

Double Gates Grocery (Bluefield) 

just a few of the many local ones I enjoy 

5 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

That Mexican place across from Richlands HS is pretty good. It was the time I ate there. 

Never eaten there. I’m not big on Mexican, so I’ll take your word for it lol. I put the Mexican place in Chilhowie on there because the wife said to do so. 😂😂

Frosty Bossie in Coeburn gets top nods on my part.

Smotherd in Tazewell if you want some excellent sweets after the fact!

McDonalds in Bluefield has to be the slowest one I have ever been to while the one in Claypool Hill has to be one of the fastest.  Ours is great as long as you get there before 6 it seems.  After that all bets are off.

3 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I loved me some King Kone… their footlongs were the best. Sadly they closed down. 

Had planned to eat there on my next trip to Richlands, but they closed before I got the chance. I'm very picky with my hotdog chili. Pal's is the only chain that I will eat one from.

14 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Ate there the week it opened, and it was fairly impressive as far as local Mexican places go.  That being said, about a year later, I took my family there.  We walked in, and everyone (staff and customers both) immediately turned and looked at us like we were infiltrating some mob boss meeting.  Floor looked like it hadn’t been cleaned since the last time I was there.  Noped out of there.