Jump to content

College Offers


BuckUp
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Graham gets Bluefield Beaver transfer RB and LB and Jamel Floyd, and upcoming sophomore who is really, really good.  Started as a freshman last year for the Beavers and made a whole lot of tackles on Defense, and runs a 4.5-4.6.  If he runs closer to a 4.5, that kind of speed likely (my guess only) would put him in the conversation as the fastest kid on Graham's football team.  The Hudl clips are kind of scary for a kid that was a true freshman at the time of the filming, and playing/starting as a freshman on a team that isn't/wasn't what you could call average in the Bluefield Beavers.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/16219512/Jamel-Floyd-jr

Big get for Graham.  Wonder if they promised him any NIL money.  😂   Bluefield is a very good program to just walk away from.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
53 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Big get for Graham.  Wonder if they promised him any NIL money.  😂   Bluefield is a very good program to just walk away from.  

Per sources: They promised him that starting runningback job that they promised the kid from mount view last year. They told Floyd hed never beat out Hairston at Bluefield and flipped him. Mount view kid moves to slot now!! Not sure what this means for the Princeton kid that was brought in under the same promise. All of this is per sources, of course ‼️‼️Stay tuned 😎 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
42 minutes ago, Hokies1977 said:

Per sources: They promised him that starting runningback job that they promised the kid from mount view last year. They told Floyd hed never beat out Hairston at Bluefield and flipped him. Mount view kid moves to slot now!! Not sure what this means for the Princeton kid that was brought in under the same promise. All of this is per sources, of course ‼️‼️Stay tuned 😎 

Based on the 4 times I watched Graham last year (3 on internet) and 1 in person, the RB situation with Clements and Floyd and even the Edwards kid is a GOOD problem to have.  That gives Graham the ability to alternate or shuffle Clements and Floyd back and forth between WR and RB.  Floyd basically adds another WR to Graham, whether he plays it or Clements plays it or both alternating back and forth.  Where Floyd will help Graham even more than on of the offensive side is defensively with his speed and ability to move laterally in one on one situations, in open field, with a speedy running back that gets past the line of scrimmage, and his ability to tackle in open space on short flares and screen passes.  That's a huge get, for example, against a team like Tazewell who loves to throw a ton of short passes to Harris, then let him create in open space.  

Graham will go as far the QB goes from an outsiders point of view.  If the Meadows kid is close to as good, doesn't need to be as good, but if he's close to as good as the past three they have had which were basically Allen, Lester, and the kid last year of which all were first team All State of some sort (O or D or both) then Graham could be back in Salem.  If there is a huge drop off, that will catch up with Graham.  He doesn't need to be as good as the previous 3 because the team around him appears to be loaded everywhere, and the 3 kids before him were beasts and All Staters, but the drop off can't be too substantial.  His progress and development from last December until this coming September will tell the tale for Graham.  Again, outsiders opinion and only an opinion.  I could be dead wrong (and sometimes am).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
1 hour ago, Hokies1977 said:

Per sources: They promised him that starting runningback job that they promised the kid from mount view last year. They told Floyd hed never beat out Hairston at Bluefield and flipped him. Mount view kid moves to slot now!! Not sure what this means for the Princeton kid that was brought in under the same promise. All of this is per sources, of course ‼️‼️Stay tuned 😎 

Maybe the G Men go back to the 'Bone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Not sure of the truth to rumor but I was told any Bluefield player(s) leaving was due to safety concerns  in part to uptick in violence at the school last year. That could be totally bogus but they do have some real discipline issues at BHS. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
50 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Not sure of the truth to rumor but I was told any Bluefield player(s) leaving was due to safety concerns  in part to uptick in violence at the school last year. That could be totally bogus but they do have some real discipline issues at BHS. 

It sure helps to have a head coach who doubles as the resource officer.  😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
7 hours ago, Hokies1977 said:

Speaking of OFFERS theres been another commitment!!! 
 

George Wythe ✈️ Bluefield, WV ✈️ Bluefield, VA

 

#ALLIN23

Good Grief.  I know what you're talking about.  lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Not sure of the truth to rumor but I was told any Bluefield player(s) leaving was due to safety concerns  in part to uptick in violence at the school last year. That could be totally bogus but they do have some real discipline issues at BHS. 

It's a non-issue anyway.  This "rumor" is about a kid that lives on the Virginia side and had been going to Bluefield, WV. If he goes to GHS, he lives in the attendance zone anyway.   As far as BHS, there are bad apples everywhere.  I have some kin that go there, they love the place and every time I have been up there, the school has been well run and no issues at all.  The bad rep for Bluefield has lingered from years and years ago, it is a very good school and they have had a lot of academic success of late as well.  I know a lot of folks who work up there and they keep the ship running smoothly.  Unfortunately, sometimes the schools reflect what is going on in society.  They handled those situations quickly and did not mess around and they should be commended for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
2 hours ago, redtiger said:

Maybe the G Men go back to the 'Bone

Graham has had the "problem" of multiple good running  backs before.  I believe Floyd will play safety on defense, slot on offense and spell Clements at RB for a change of pace.  He has good size and will be a good option for short yardage situations with the potential to bust it for a big gainer.  Clements is quicker and has a bit more speed, but Floyd is right there with him.  (If in fact, all of this is true).  Graham is a mobile QB away from being a title contender right out of the gate, it'll be interesting to see how Meadows stacks up this year, that will be the key to their success in the long haul.  They really missed Sawyers and Blevins on Defense in that state final, those 2 getting to the edge and helping to contain Claiborne would have made that game much more interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Not sure of the truth to rumor but I was told any Bluefield player(s) leaving was due to safety concerns  in part to uptick in violence at the school last year. That could be totally bogus but they do have some real discipline issues at BHS. 

I call bullshit on that. They don't have any more safety concerns than most any other high school

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
2 hours ago, bhs7695 said:

I call bullshit on that. They don't have any more safety concerns than most any other high school

I didn’t mean to imply they did but wasn’t there a knife incident where a kid got hurt and had another kid bring a gun to school? Like I said what I heard could be completely wrong on all counts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
1 hour ago, bhs7695 said:

I call bullshit on that. They don't have any more safety concerns than most any other high school

Bluefield has really good back in Hairston, so if I had to guess I would say it was to get more touches. I might be the only one who thinks this but feel like it would be better to have the Floyd kid in the backfield and Clements at wideout. Clements is explosive but took a beating last year. I think you may get more out of him using him similar to the way they did Bradshaw. Meadows will be fine at QB. He will do better job in working the middle than Blevins. Blevins just through one heck of a deep ball and was an escape arrest when under pressure. Given what Graham has coming back on the line, I think they are the favorites to win D.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
8 minutes ago, Gfan said:

Bluefield has really good back in Hairston, so if I had to guess I would say it was to get more touches. I might be the only one who thinks this but feel like it would be better to have the Floyd kid in the backfield and Clements at wideout. Clements is explosive but took a beating last year. I think you may get more out of him using him similar to the way they did Bradshaw. Meadows will be fine at QB. He will do better job in working the middle than Blevins. Blevins just through one heck of a deep ball and was an escape arrest when under pressure. Given what Graham has coming back on the line, I think they are the favorites to win D.

Gfan, everything you wrote sounds spot on to me regarding my limited times watching Graham last season, but I will write this...and I wrote about it every time I watched Graham last year regarding how solid Graham looked, but with one concern and that is.......Graham needs to design some shallow crosses.  In order for the Meadows kid to work the middle of the field more than the QB you all had last year, Graham's offense needs to send a WR or RB 5-7 yds off the ball across the middle of field on a pass route.  Graham is very solid and has been solid for many years under Palmer who's work as Head Coach needs no debating.  He's solid as is their coaching staff, but the only thing (literally only 1 thing) that has perplexed me in watching you guys is very few to sometimes none (not 1 the whole game) short passing routes in the middle of the field.  

It could very well be preference on purpose, as many coaches in High School are not big fans of middle of the field stuff because of the turnover risk and when you have the athletes to simply run 3 or 4 flag routes and still complete a pass for a long gain or touchdown, but it can be a big plus against athletic teams.  Just my opinion.  With all the above written, common sense also tells me we are talking about a team that has made deep runs in the playoffs and playing for state titles, so very, very, very little critique needs given.  I'm just doing it because I like talking about football and love the discussion.  For the 1 concern I listed above, I could list 10 other overwhelmingly positives that most other teams wished they had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
50 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Gfan, everything you wrote sounds spot on to me regarding my limited times watching Graham last season, but I will write this...and I wrote about it every time I watched Graham last year regarding how solid Graham looked, but with one concern and that is.......Graham needs to design some shallow crosses.  In order for the Meadows kid to work the middle of the field more than the QB you all had last year, Graham's offense needs to send a WR or RB 5-7 yds off the ball across the middle of field on a pass route.  Graham is very solid and has been solid for many years under Palmer who's work as Head Coach needs no debating.  He's solid as is their coaching staff, but the only thing (literally only 1 thing) that has perplexed me in watching you guys is very few to sometimes none (not 1 the whole game) short passing routes in the middle of the field.  

It could very well be preference on purpose, as many coaches in High School are not big fans of middle of the field stuff because of the turnover risk and when you have the athletes to simply run 3 or 4 flag routes and still complete a pass for a long gain or touchdown, but it can be a big plus against athletic teams.  Just my opinion.  With all the above written, common sense also tells me we are talking about a team that has made deep runs in the playoffs and playing for state titles, so very, very, very little critique needs given.  I'm just doing it because I like talking about football and love the discussion.  For the 1 concern I listed above, I could list 10 other overwhelmingly positives that most other teams wished they had.

I think that’s a fair critique. I do think skill set had something to do with last year. They lost D Brown early in the year which was more of a possession receiver. They did tend to throw more intermediate passes in the spring when J Blevins was QB. That’s not a knock on Z Blevins from last year, I thought he was the best player in region D, just was a better throwing the ball down field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
38 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Gfan, everything you wrote sounds spot on to me regarding my limited times watching Graham last season, but I will write this...and I wrote about it every time I watched Graham last year regarding how solid Graham looked, but with one concern and that is.......Graham needs to design some shallow crosses.  In order for the Meadows kid to work the middle of the field more than the QB you all had last year, Graham's offense needs to send a WR or RB 5-7 yds off the ball across the middle of field on a pass route.  Graham is very solid and has been solid for many years under Palmer who's work as Head Coach needs no debating.  He's solid as is their coaching staff, but the only thing (literally only 1 thing) that has perplexed me in watching you guys is very few to sometimes none (not 1 the whole game) short passing routes in the middle of the field.  

It could very well be preference on purpose, as many coaches in High School are not big fans of middle of the field stuff because of the turnover risk and when you have the athletes to simply run 3 or 4 flag routes and still complete a pass for a long gain or touchdown, but it can be a big plus against athletic teams.  Just my opinion.  With all the above written, common sense also tells me we are talking about a team that has made deep runs in the playoffs and playing for state titles, so very, very, very little critique needs given.  I'm just doing it because I like talking about football and love the discussion.  For the 1 concern I listed above, I could list 10 other overwhelmingly positives that most other teams wished they had.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Mr. Researcher, did Thomas Walker ever hire a new Head Coach? If not, Here’s their man. He sounds like one of those “experts” you were talking about in one of your previous posts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
1 hour ago, Gfan said:

I think that’s a fair critique. I do think skill set had something to do with last year. They lost D Brown early in the year which was more of a possession receiver. They did tend to throw more intermediate passes in the spring when J Blevins was QB. That’s not a knock on Z Blevins from last year, I thought he was the best player in region D, just was a better throwing the ball down field.

I agree about the intermediate passing.  That is one area that could improve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I didn’t mean to imply they did but wasn’t there a knife incident where a kid got hurt and had another kid bring a gun to school? Like I said what I heard could be completely wrong on all counts.

I know about those two situations. Pikeview had an incident recently too. Princeton middle and high school also have had incidents in their histories but I'd never heard of anyone transferring because of safety concerns. That's why I called BS on the rumor. I witnessed plenty of unruly student behavior in jr. high & high school and one incident of a gun brought to school. That was 30 years ago. Most any kid that's transferring to a different local school is about PT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
38 minutes ago, bhs7695 said:

I know about those two situations. Pikeview had an incident recently too. Princeton middle and high school also have had incidents in their histories but I'd never heard of anyone transferring because of safety concerns. That's why I called BS on the rumor. I witnessed plenty of unruly student behavior in jr. high & high school and one incident of a gun brought to school. That was 30 years ago. Most any kid that's transferring to a different local school is about PT.

You’re probably right, maybe kid wasn’t getting playing time he wanted. I thought he already lived in Bluefield , VA so maybe a matter of just going where he resided but again, I could be wrong about that too. Hopefully, he’ll be an asset to the GMen and they can find the right spot for him regardless of why he transferred. ✌️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
9 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

You’re probably right, maybe kid wasn’t getting playing time he wanted. I thought he already lived in Bluefield , VA so maybe a matter of just going where he resided but again, I could be wrong about that too. Hopefully, he’ll be an asset to the GMen and they can find the right spot for him regardless of why he transferred. ✌️

Graham hasn’t left the kid alone since the minute he enrolled in bluefield 😂😂😂

 

a kid doesn’t just decide to transfer to a team with a returning all state running back in hopes for more playing time, he was encouraged. That’s why Clements was playing slot at the 7on7 last week.
 

 

Call a spade a space, friend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
1 hour ago, Hokies1977 said:

Graham hasn’t left the kid alone since the minute he enrolled in bluefield 😂😂😂

 

a kid doesn’t just decide to transfer to a team with a returning all state running back in hopes for more playing time, he was encouraged. That’s why Clements was playing slot at the 7on7 last week.
 

 

Call a spade a space, friend. 

When you say "Graham hasn't left the kid alone.."  Put a name on it!

Who has been trying to get the kid? 

Why wouldn't Bluefield use him in the slot if they were set at RB??

Don't come on here and try to smear a HC! I ASSURE YOU, WHATEVER YOU THINK WENT DOWN, IS INACCURATE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
On 6/13/2022 at 12:56 PM, redtiger said:

Maybe the G Men go back to the 'Bone

When I played agsint Graham, the G-Men had a wishbone formation, but rarely ran option out of it.  We watched tape from their past games & they rarely pitched it so we focused on QB.  When they ran it, their QB usually kept it.  Don't need to pitch it if FB is gashing off tackle or QB has 15 yd hole to run thru.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...