Graham Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

9 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

If Tazewell upsets Graham, I’ll literally have a heart attack. I’m not putting Tazewell down at all, but I’m not sugar coating nothing either. Tazewell is very talented and athletic this year, but it’s hard to beat a team of this caliber. As Chase Collins says, to beat the man, you have to be the man. Tazewell can beat graham, but they’ll have to work their asses off for it. 

Tazewell will see what real defense looks like this week at all levels. I don’t see them running the ball that well. Graham 35-7

This game will be interesting to judge if the chasm is as wide between Graham and everyone else in the SWD and 2D. I’m excited that at first glance both the SWD and M7 have some pretty solid teams. That said, while Tazewell is much improved, and likely a solid team, Graham’s toughest opponent is likely themselves (see penalties and other mistakes). Tazewell can make them pay for those, but not enough. Graham 35-21.

1 hour ago, FoxTrot said:

Tazewell will see what real defense looks like this week at all levels. I don’t see them running the ball that well. Graham 35-7

Graham would be well advised to bring that “real defense”, whatever the Hell that means, to the second half of their games.  Graham looked impenetrable in the first half, and looked very beatable in the second.  That tends to happen at times when your starters haven’t played deep into the 2nd half for most of their careers.

28 minutes ago, GMan said:

No way that happens, Tazewell is a ton better than they have been and Graham doesn't have enough offense to score 55 points in one game this year.

the only reason that Tazewell gets 14 is they score on the 2nd team.

I believe the line play for Graham is what will set them apart.  Tazewell is a good team, most likely a playoff caliber team.  Not sure if they can get by the G-men, but I thought Graham would roll Bluefield too.  Graham looked impressive in the first half, but was lucky to get out of Mitchell stadium victorious with that 2nd half performance  By the end of the season, I am hoping that the Bulldogs advance in the playoffs.  I have confidence that the dogs will have a great year.  As I stated early in the season 7-3 with the schedule they have and a first round win would be huge for them to build confidence going forward.  The numbers are up and things are looking up.  Come playoff time (barring injury, of course) they will be a dangerous team to face, lots of athletes, but some new faces that need to learn their positions.  They will be fine.

Just now, Real Sasquatch said:

I believe the line play for Graham is what will set them apart.  Tazewell is a good team, most likely a playoff caliber team.  Not sure if they can get by the G-men, but I thought Graham would roll Bluefield too.  Graham looked impressive in the first half, but was lucky to get out of Mitchell stadium victorious with that 2nd half performance  By the end of the season, I am hoping that the Bulldogs advance in the playoffs.  I have confidence that the dogs will have a great year.  As I stated early in the season 7-3 with the schedule they have and a first round win would be huge for them to build confidence going forward.  The numbers are up and things are looking up.  Come playoff time (barring injury, of course) they will be a dangerous team to face, lots of athletes, but some new faces that need to learn their positions.  They will be fine.

With giles playing Thursday I may have to make the trip to Tazewell Friday night

6 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I knew without a doubt Graham was not going to roll Bluefield. I may be completely wrong on this but I see Bluefield going deep in the playoffs. I'm not sure enough credit is being given to Bluefield. They have talent all over that field. Graham's offense is not where it needs to be yet. The 1's scored twice against Gate City and once against Glass. But...........everyone has talked about how Graham can't throw. I thought they showed signs in the first half of proving us all wrong. 

Defensively, they are pretty good. Their weakness is definitely the pass defense which plays right into Tazewell's advantage. The only problem with this is, Bluefield got behind Graham's DBs. Tazewell's passing game is for the most part short yardage. 

Should be a good game. Good luck to both teams. Is it Friday yet?

15 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Trust me the one in pearisburg won't be as competitive as the one in tazewell....I hope it is but Galax is on a different level than us at the moment 

Agree. As for Graham and Tazewell, I also may make the trip on Old Route 61 from Narrows to Rocky Gap and onto Cove Creek and into Tazewell.  My wife loves Burkes Garden, so we will sidebar there for the Amish store (great burgers there folks, meat is never frozen). 

Graham's offense. In my opinion, 50 points per game with a great passing O and one that runs it pretty good has ZERO difference than an O scoring 35 per game, but gashes you on the ground first, and has an efficient short passing game. I don't see Grahams offense being any less efficient than last year. It's now a run first O and the dividends that plays in limiting the possessions of an opponents offense can't be understated.

Bluefield had around 220ish total yds. Roughly 80 of that were well designed trick Playa. I think Bluefield had 40 on the ground. Graham rushed for 225ish. That's a bad sign for Grahams opponents because I'm telling you, Bluefield is BETTER than last year.

13 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I knew without a doubt Graham was not going to roll Bluefield. I may be completely wrong on this but I see Bluefield going deep in the playoffs. I'm not sure enough credit is being given to Bluefield. They have talent all over that field. 

Bingo. I think they play for a state title this year.

9 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Agree. As for Graham and Tazewell, I also may make the trip on Old Route 61 from Narrows to Rocky Gap and onto Cove Creek and into Tazewell.  My wife loves Burkes Garden, so we will sidebar there for the Amish store (great burgers there folks, meat is never frozen). 

Graham's offense. In my opinion, 50 points per game with a great passing O and one that runs it pretty good has ZERO difference than an O scoring 35 per game, but gashes you on the ground first, and has an efficient short passing game. I don't see Grahams offense being any less efficient than last year. It's now a run first O and the dividends that plays in limiting the possessions of an opponents offense can't be understated.

Bluefield had around 220ish total yds. Roughly 80 of that were well designed trick Playa. I think Bluefield had 40 on the ground. Graham rushed for 225ish. That's a bad sign for Grahams opponents because I'm telling you, Bluefield is BETTER than last year.

Yes, I seriously under-estimated Bluefield.  The QB made some great plays under a lot of pressure, he has nerves of steel.  I plan to watch them against Pulaski next week (Thursday night game).  Pulaski beat Northside 43-0, so they appear to be improved as well.

26 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

According to article @Real Sasquatch shared, Hairston had 18 yards rushing. Hairston is a stud & for Graham’s defense to hold him to 18 speaks volumes. Graham has some tweaking to do but if their defense improves each game  as in the past, you’re right, it could spell trouble for their opponents. Bluefield is a formidable opponent and Tazewell has improved leaps & bounds but Tazewell is no Bluefield in my opinion. I’m not writing Tazewell off but Graham’s worst enemy Friday night will be themselves. Good luck to both teams! 🙏 for injury free game for both sides! Go GMen!!!! 

4 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

👇👇👇This you?👇👇👇

On 3/10/2022 at 11:03 PM, FoxTrot said:

Dude, you need to get a grip. How many years does it take. Every year it is said Tazewell has as much talent if not more than anyone in SWD. Everyone knows their passing game is short intermediate. They were the 4th best team this past year, and more than likely headed that way again. 

it is a joke with most coaches that Tazewell is the most overrated team on this board. Call a spade a spade. Creasy is an athlete, and Harris is good. Where does any other offense come from?  A Dog calling others on this board a butt sniffer is quite comical as well. Can’t wait for the season to play out again. 

4 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

The real question is… Does Tazewell’s concession make a good hotdog? 👀

IMO, Double Gates in Bluefield VA across from Graham High School is tough to beat. It's a legendary hotdog/history with it, and I miss the series with Graham more for the trips to Double Gates when we play in Bluefield.  Of Course, Bluefield is 20 minutes before Tazewell,  but worth eating early if looking for hotdogs.