Graham Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

40 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I get it. But...........I can promise you this for each one of those PF or unsportsmanlike conduct penalties there will be a whole lot of running going on. They aren't just swept under the rug. They practice with a lot of intensity compared to some therefore they play with it. Does it go overboard at times? Maybe so. The PF call the other night as Researcher mentioned was pretty iffy. Kid started the tackle while in bounds. When they continued out of bounds the ball carrier fell, ref threw the flag. Im not saying the ref screwed up, just a marginal call. Graham had 2 "illegal participation" penalties as well for not wearing mouthpiece. When you have been playing football since you were 5 you should know the dang thing needs to be in your mouth.😂

Sounds like the coach is trying to address. 

In my opinion, if you commit PF penalties you should run a mile. If you hold, run a mile. Jump offsides? Run a mile. Act like a jerk, regardless of whether or not you get flagged? Run a mile. 

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

The officials by and large allowed a great deal of contact last week.  There were a few instances of clutching and grabbing by the VHS secondary that went uncalled.  Most of the penalties were procedure penalties of some sort, for both teams.  I'm hoping for a well officiated game on Friday.

I agree with the above but would I be correct in saying there were two occasions that there was a penalty against us but never saw a flag on the field?  In one case they called the penalty in the other they never called it but walked it back.

Not disputing that it was or wasn't a penalty just the fact that nobody ever saw a flag at all.

4 hours ago, stu_bean said:

I know I'm going to stir the pot by saying this but I do ask this question in all sincerity.

How can you say a team is well coached when they are riddled with penalties, especially PF types.  To me that is on the coaches to nip those in the bud and make sure they don't happen excessively.  As far as procedural penalties go, to me that goes on coaches as well.  I know penalties are going to happen on a few occasions but anything excessive is something to be coached and worked on.

I stand by my statement that Graham is well coached. They hold their players accountable for what happens in a game.  As someone else said, Graham practices pretty intensely and that probably shows up on the field sometimes.  I'll intense any day over lackadaisical but that's just me. 

9 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Was it gofan or something like that? 

Yes, it's showing tickets can be bought for Graham's home games but nothing for Tazewell's. I guess Tazewell isn't using the site which stinks if they're only selling tickets at the gate and no presale.

On 8/29/2022 at 6:49 AM, UVAObserver said:

I love how the narrative shifts from “Virginia High’s going to beat Tazewell” to “Beating Virginia High by 25 proves nothing.”  Y’all are a riot. 

I’d be very surprised if Graham blows Tazewell out.  No SWD team in the last 2 seasons has played Graham closer than Tazewell has.  Again, Graham should be objectively favored in any game they play until proven otherwise, but this Tazewell team has each and every tool to give this Graham team an unpleasant time.  Will it translate into a win?  Join me at 6:30 PM on Friday night to find out.

Show me where I said VHS would win. I didn't. I just think putting them near the top of 2D bc they beat an inferior VHS team is premature. 

9 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Graham only had 1 personal foul for a late hit or similar infraction and it was a very questionable call on the Bluefield sidelines. They had a PF for a chop block as well. Graham's main penalty issue is holding. 

Wasn't there also offsetting unsportsmanlike penalty???

9 minutes ago, FootballFan77 said:

I think I saw where it was 42-0 Graham 

Doesn’t look like penalties hurt the outcome, lol. What were the penalties? Holding? Procedural? PF? Unsportsmanlike? It was their first game right? I’d say they’ll clean a lot of that up the more games they get under their belts. 

Can anyone confirm this...I've heard Coach Palmer has two outstanding kids that are going to be very good, and....does Bradshaw have another son, and former Bluefield all stater Rick Disibbio has a kid at Graham, and lastly, former Graham all stater on their 95 team title , Brandon Banks has a kid at Graham. Is this true? What grade levels are these players and if they are there, are they good?  That's a lot of talent and football genes if true.

1 minute ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Can anyone confirm this...I've heard Coach Palmer has two outstanding kids that are going to be very good, and....does Bradshaw have another son, and former Bluefield all stater Rick Disibbio has a kid at Graham, and lastly, former Graham all stater on their 95 team title , Brandon Banks has a kid at Graham. Is this true? What grade levels are these players and if they are there, are they good?  That's a lot of talent and football genes if true.

Yes to all of your questions. How good they are?I have no clue. 

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Yes but I think they’re on middle school team not JV. 

3 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Yes but they are all in Middle School. I think one of Palmer’s is in 8th grade and  the other is in 6th Disibio’s is in 8th grade. They are good from what I’ve heard. Pretty sure they won their game yesterday by a lot. 

32 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Yes but I think they’re on middle school team not JV. 

Thats scary talent. I think Dissibio, Banks, and Palmer were all state champions in their High School years. And if the young Bradshaw is anything like his father or older brother, well...he's probably going to be very good, and if these kids are the same age level, it speaks to likely a loaded future for Graham.

44 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Thats scary talent. I think Dissibio, Banks, and Palmer were all state champions in their High School years. And if the young Bradshaw is anything like his father or older brother, well...he's probably going to be very good, and if these kids are the same age level, it speaks to likely a loaded future for Graham.

I believe this is the younger Bradshaw’s first time playing football. Well, that’s what I was told. He’s definitely got genetics on his side though. 

12 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I believe this is the younger Bradshaw’s first time playing football. Well, that’s what I was told. He’s definitely got genetics on his side though. 

2nd year. He had a long td the other night.

I’m not sure if this is alright to post here , some of you may have heard, but one of Graham’s players is in WVU due to complications from a ruptured appendix & is a pretty sick young man. If you are a praying person, I’m sure his family would appreciate the prayers.