Union @ Richlands

UnionGuy2017

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

My three biggest pet peeves in life 😂:

Richlunds 

Appalaysha

Vah. Tech

I will never stop calling it it Richlunds, Tazzwull, and Saulvull (on the other side of Clainch mountain). It's not a choice, it's a speech impediment 🤣

I would like to generate analytical discussion on this forum regarding the Union and Richlands game; but there is little to analyze. Union dominated every aspect of play. It was an unexpected mauling. I thought Union's depth would be an important factor; but the game was over before halftime. The line of scrimmage was owned by the bears. Union's young players looked faster and stronger. I don't know if Union can beat Graham but I now believe the Bears will be able to stay in the game, and, oh boy, does the future look bright for Big Stone Gap, as the Andersons are juniors, Sykes and Cochran are sophomores, Huff and Chandler are freshmen. .  

I will try not to be negative.  That's why I have waited so long to post on this game.  One word describes my thoughts, UNPREPARED!!!  Union was good but not the best Union team I have seen, however they were PREPARED.  Richlands has some good talent, but I'll give you a good run down.  Opening kick off penalty(are you kidding) special teams UNPREPARED!!, Defense--wondering around lost and bewildered, out of position all night long--UNPREPARED!! Offence--gained less than 100yds. ( you got to be kidding) how far back in history do we have to look to see this stat on the Richlands side. UNPREPARED!!  Some say you can't put it all on the coaching, (are you kidding), they are totally responsible for PREPARATION!!! Did they not even see the film, did they not know the offense package Union would bring to the game, did they not look at how Union's defence would attack, UNPREPARED!!!

Hats off to Union for doing a good job of preparing their players, and sticking to the game plan.  If Richlands had a game plan I did not see it.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but it seemed to me the plan was watch and learn as you play, and try not to loose to badly.  This is squarely on the coaching staff because they did nothing to PREPARE their team. If half time adjustment were made, I missed them, probably "hang in there guys, do the best you can, running clock, this willl be over soon." UNPREPARED, UNPREPARED, UNPREPARED!!!!

On 8/29/2022 at 1:14 PM, SWVAgridiron said:

Something I will never forget. I don’t know if I’ll ever be making that drive to BSG again but it was well worth it. 

The atmosphere at the playoff game in BSG in 17 was off the charts!! 

27 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

What a clown to believe that 

LOL.  I know Greg Mance, not like you do Hokiebird7, but I know him, and he always was the kind that would back down from a challenge and bolt when the going got tough, LOL.  He's like Salem.  He's a loser!!!  LMAO.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

LOL.  I know Greg Mance, not like you do Hokiebird7, but I know him, and he always was the kind that would back down from a challenge and bolt when the going got tough, LOL.  He's like Salem.  He's a loser!!!  LMAO.

Haha yeah that's him

11 hours ago, tornado99 said:

According to stats, this might be the only prediction by Union fans that was wrong! Just kidding, Unchained (but true).

LITERALLY every time we score we look around for yellow before reacting,

On 9/3/2022 at 4:41 PM, EH31 said:

52 years is impressive. Big shoes to fill for the next guy 

A lot of good memories with Slick behind the mic. Some of my favorite memories as a kid and as a player have his voice etched behind them as the soundtrack. Perhaps my favorite is when he would forget to turn off the microphone.