Union @ Richlands

UnionGuy2017

On the topic of coaching: One thing I noticed about Richlands offense was the wristband play sheet. That tells me the system is over complicated for the level of play.

Union played tough in the trenches and owned the LOS, it's tough to beat a team that can do that.

Too many accurate posts to quote and/or like. To sum it up:

1. Tough loss. Not much fight. 
2. Union is very good. Consistently at or near the top of 2D.

3. The schedule does not get any easier until Tazewell. That won’t be easy, either, but definitely relative to those in between. 

4. I’m not conceding 2-8 yet. Given recent results, the remaining SWD games are winnable.

5 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Just read on Bristol Herald that Union had 412 rushing yards? WTH? That a lot of yards on the ground.

Well the QB had like 160 on 3 runs, so that doesn’t surprise me at all. 

7 hours ago, foosballer said:

On the topic of coaching: One thing I noticed about Richlands offense was the wristband play sheet. That tells me the system is over complicated for the level of play.

You realize how blatantly wrong that is right?

A offense could be 10 plays with each signaled in 4 different ways so that the opponent doesn't catch on, that's too much to remember but simple to read from a wristband. For example instead of players having to remember colors, numbers, hand positions, and symbols it's just all on the wristband.

Idk Tarter or what his system is but wristbands don't necessarily mean the offense is that complicated, just that they don't want to run every play in.

7 minutes ago, redtiger said:

You realize how uninformed that is right?

A offense could be 10 plays with each signaled in 4 different ways so that the opponent doesn't catch on, that's too much to remember but simple to read from a wristband. For example instead of players having to remember colors, numbers, hand positions, and symbols it's just all on the wristband.

Idk Tarter or what his system is but wristbands don't necessarily mean the offense is that complicated, just that they don't want to run every play in.

Out of reactions......but you are right! I've seen little league teams use them. Kinda surprised more HS teams don't use them.

It was hard to watch that Richlands big OL get pushed around by the very small Union defensive line. Thats the difference i think in being what they are and being an average team this year. 

Also, the system and play calling of course. Richlands never ever uses misdirection. Hell even if Union runs straight up and straight at you theyre gonna be much more containable. But i guess the spread isnt going anywhere. Not saying it would make a big difference but at least you'd be trying to make something work. 

9 minutes ago, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

So my question to Richlands people.  

I have heard two ways of pronouncing Richlands. 

Rich LANDS?

Or Richlunds? 

I always said it the second way but I heard some people say it the first way. 

The letter “U” is not found in RichLANDS. 

1 hour ago, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

So my question to Richlands people.  

I have heard two ways of pronouncing Richlands. 

Rich LANDS?

Or Richlunds? 

I always said it the second way but I heard some people say it the first way. 

I have a couple friends from there that will fight you if you call them richlunds lol

9 hours ago, redtiger said:

You realize how blatantly wrong that is right?

My bad, imo they seemed to spend too much time in the huddle looking at them and still had a ton of confusion in the backfield causing turnovers and negative plays. But hey whatever works keep it up

57 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I have a couple friends from there that will fight you if you call them richlunds lol

Ah. I thought it was Richlunds. Some places call it that. 

But if it is RichLANDS then it will be pronounced as such by me. 

I hate when people say AppaLAYSHun instead of AppaLATCHun. That’s like scratching a chalkboard. 

Or when people say SURGEONSville instead of SurGOINSville for Surgoinsville. 

56 minutes ago, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

Ah. I thought it was Richlunds. Some places call it that. 

But if it is RichLANDS then it will be pronounced as such by me. 

I hate when people say AppaLAYSHun instead of AppaLATCHun. That’s like scratching a chalkboard. 

Or when people say SURGEONSville instead of SurGOINSville for Surgoinsville. 

My three biggest pet peeves in life 😂:

Richlunds 

Appalaysha

Vah. Tech