Galax vs Graham

Gridiron60

Galax is extremely one dimensional this season on offense. Nothing resembling a passing game. The Galax RB already has 135 carries through four games. He has 767 yards rushing but that's a heavy workload with 3 months left in the season considering Galax has expectations of late playoff runs. I think part of the Galax success over the past 6-8 years has been the fact they have been so multidimensional on offense. They learned a valuable lesson in back to back loses to Haysi about being one dimensional. Radford adjusted after the first Galax offensive series and put 9 in the box and Galax still couldn't throw it. Galax still moved the football (Tucker finished with 178 yards on 43 carries) but never scored again. Partly due to mistakes and penalties. 1st and 20 is hard to recover from when you have limited options on offense. Fumbling several times at the mesh point between QB and RB certainly didn't help. I thought Galax played well against Radford. They limited that passing attack to only 7 completions. But 4 of them were explosive plays that went for long TD's totaling 216 yards. And with a limited offense to keep pace, mistakes can't happen if Galax is going to keep up.

I think this game is similar to last season. Galax will keep it close early, Graham will pull away late. Graham 28 - Galax 7

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Galax is extremely one dimensional this season on offense. Nothing resembling a passing game. The Galax RB already has 135 carries through four games. He has 767 yards rushing but that's a heavy workload with 3 months left in the season considering Galax has expectations of late playoff runs. I think part of the Galax success over the past 6-8 years has been the fact they have been so multidimensional on offense. They learned a valuable lesson in back to back loses to Haysi about being one dimensional. Radford adjusted after the first Galax offensive series and put 9 in the box and Galax still couldn't throw it. Galax still moved the football (Tucker finished with 178 yards on 43 carries) but never scored again. Partly due to mistakes and penalties. 1st and 20 is hard to recover from when you have limited options on offense. Fumbling several times at the mesh point between QB and RB certainly didn't help. I thought Galax played well against Radford. They limited that passing attack to only 7 completions. But 4 of them were explosive plays that went for long TD's totaling 216 yards. And with a limited offense to keep pace, mistakes can't happen if Galax is going to keep up.

I think this game is similar to last season. Galax will keep it close early, Graham will pull away late. Graham 28 - Galax 7

Galax will not see another secondary with that much talent the rest of the year so hopefully they can get the passing game going just enough to keep everyone from loading the box the rest of the year. From what I've heard some of the kids were getting a little cocky so hopefully this game will make them realize that they still have a lot of work to do to make another run.

13 minutes ago, MT FAN 91 said:

Galax will not see another secondary with that much talent the rest of the year so hopefully they can get the passing game going just enough to keep everyone from loading the box the rest of the year. From what I've heard some of the kids were getting a little cocky so hopefully this game will make them realize that they still have a lot of work to do to make another run.

No Class 1 teams and very few Class 2 teams will have the athletes Radford has. But Galax needs to get something else going if for no other reason than to give Tedrhun a break. I'm sure he slept well after 43 carried and LB duties. 

40 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Thought you only got same class points if they wee in the same district as you?  

If you are playing down a class you get the same points as you would if you were playing a team in the same class as you.

Graham will get 2a points for playing Galax.

Blacksburg will get 4a points for playing Graham. 

however, you do get rewarded for playing up. Galax will get 2a points for playing Graham. Graham will get 4a points for playing Blacksburg, etc. 

7 minutes ago, EH31 said:

If you are playing down a class you get the same points as you would if you were playing a team in the same class as you.

Graham will get 2a points for playing Galax.

Blacksburg will get 4a points for playing Graham. 

however, you do get rewarded for playing up. Galax will get 2a points for playing Graham. Graham will get 4a points for playing Blacksburg, etc. 

That's right, now I remember seeing the bonus points in the break down.  Forgot about that

12 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

8 points hardly suggests that Union ran the ball “at will”, LOL.  I’d bet everything that isn’t nailed down on Graham -10.  You should probably take a few days off the Board…

Agree  I'll take Graham by 21 or more.

17 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Union ran ball at will. Galax will too

I doubt Galax runs the ball “at will” , I guess it depends on the accepted definition of “at will” though. 😂. If 8 points means “at will” then , I can accept that position. I still think barring a ton of penalties, Graham wins comfortably. I suspect the coaches will address penalties hard in practice & especially personal fouls will be cleaned up this week. 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I doubt Galax runs the ball “at will” , I guess it depends on the accepted definition of “at will” though. 😂. If 8 points means “at will” then , I can accept that position. I still think barring a ton of penalties, Graham wins comfortably. I suspect the coaches will address penalties hard in practice & especially personal fouls will be cleaned up this week. 

I agree, galax may run between the 20's but in the RedZone not so good. they cant throw the ball for diddly and are very one dimensional.  I read about them not being able to pass the ball against Radford because of the athletes they have well name a game they did throw the ball in? Giles they couldn't throw and they have no DB's and get no pressure from their front 7 and still galax had to run to win the game. be glad galax was in better shape than giles.  graham has above average DB's, #1 is by far their best and their front 4 will harass galax all night long especially if they cant throw. From what I've read they have run the ball 178 times in 4 games with one guy doing 135 of them that's 34 times a game for one guy and if that keeps up will be along season for that young man. If galax could throw the ball you would throw the ball. now lets hear the rebuttal!  

If you hold a team to 216 total yards in 2022, your defense is pretty good.    Union had 212 Rushing which is pretty dang good, but not overwhelming.  Graham had 254 on the ground.  Guys, 254 rushing is a major chunk on the ground.  Teams that rush for over 250 and don't turn the ball over more than one time almost never lose football games statistically.  

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

If you hold a team to 216 total yards in 2022, your defense is pretty good.    Union had 212 Rushing which is pretty dang good, but not overwhelming.  Graham had 254 on the ground.  Guys, 254 rushing is a major chunk on the ground.  Teams that rush for over 250 and don't turn the ball over more than one time almost never lose football games statistically.  

so GW holding Radford to 180 total yards and one play of the 180 went for 60 they must have a good D! lol lol lol 

Just now, Dobb83 said:

I agree, galax may run between the 20's but in the RedZone not so good. they cant throw the ball for diddly and are very one dimensional.  I read about them not being able to pass the ball against Radford because of the athletes they have well name a game they did throw the ball in? Giles they couldn't throw and they have no DB's and get no pressure from their front 7 and still galax had to run to win the game. be glad galax was in better shape than giles.  graham has above average DB's, #1 is by far their best and their front 4 will harass galax all night long especially if they cant throw. From what I've read they have run the ball 178 times in 4 games with one guy doing 135 of them that's 34 times a game for one guy and if that keeps up will be along season for that young man. If galax could throw the ball you would throw the ball. now lets hear the rebuttal!  

You will see the difference with Graham and Radford on the line of scrimmage when they play Galax.  Galax is very, very good, but the best football team Graham will play on the line of scrimmage, IF........they keep winning from game 1 through game 15 (again, BIG IF, not declaring them champions) will be Union as far as the line of scrimmage.  RV, Pulaski, Galax, GW, Radford, Appomattox, Glenvar, King William, Poquoson, Stuarts Draft) not of them will be better than Union on the line of scrimmage.  Watch the difference in Graham's performance on the line of scrimmage compared to Radfords' when Graham plays Galax.  Galax moved the ball on Radford between the 20's.  They didn't score but once, but they moved the ball.  Betcha Graham's DL does better than Radford's against Galax.  One team not mentioned in this post to keep an eye on is Central Woodstock.  Many forget, it was Central Woodstock that K. William beat in the semi-finals and that game was actually a battle.  It was pretty close.  Central Woodstock returns a senior heavy team and they may actually be as good or better than Graham and Union on the Line of Scrimmage this year, but they are much like Union.  They are not very athletic, but brutally physical up front.  I think Central Woodstock is the team from the East to play for the Class 2 state title this year......against......Graham or Union.  No offense to Radford or RV, or possibly Appo-Glenvar, but when the chips are down, I'm picking Union/Graham winner to play for the state title.

1 minute ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

so GW holding Radford to 180 total yards and one play of the 180 went for 60 they must have a good D! lol lol lol 

The ole "one play argument."  Perhaps, the dumbest argument ever used in the history of football.  "Take that play away and........." that's the reall LOL, LOL.  You can NOT take that play away.  that one play is a part of football.  It's part of the game.  It counts.  It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  The ole, "If you take Micheal Vick away from VT, then......"..  Fact....Michael Vick suited up, practiced, dressed, went to school at....he played for Virginia Tech.  He was on the team.  You can't "take him away" LOL.  I just just find it laughable at the ole, "take the one play away and yada yada yada."  LOL.  Insanity.  Same with Hunnicutt's run on Graham or Clements run on Union.  That is what athletes DO.  The strike on 3rd and 7 or 2nd and 10 or 4th and 19 or 1st and 10 from ANYWHERE on the field at any time.  That's part of the game. 

27 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

Galax threw for 154 against Glenvar, 121 against Giles and 10 against Radford so no Galax does not have much of of a passing game but if you think that secondary from Radford didn't make some difference you're just being your typical Galax hating self. Galax has a ton of work to do if they want to make a run and time will  tell if  these games against Radford and Graham make them better.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I mean he is not wrong. They did run the ball “at will”. They also got stopped 4 times inside the 20 against their will. Lol.

33 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

The ole "one play argument."  Perhaps, the dumbest argument ever used in the history of football.  "Take that play away and........." that's the reall LOL, LOL.  You can NOT take that play away.  that one play is a part of football.  It's part of the game.  It counts.  It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  The ole, "If you take Micheal Vick away from VT, then......"..  Fact....Michael Vick suited up, practiced, dressed, went to school at....he played for Virginia Tech.  He was on the team.  You can't "take him away" LOL.  I just just find it laughable at the ole, "take the one play away and yada yada yada."  LOL.  Insanity.  Same with Hunnicutt's run on Graham or Clements run on Union.  That is what athletes DO.  The strike on 3rd and 7 or 2nd and 10 or 4th and 19 or 1st and 10 from ANYWHERE on the field at any time.  That's part of the game. 

hahaha just busting chops here ahahaah