10-28-2022 score updates

S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE

2 minutes ago, Dawg01 said:

I know I've bashed and complained about Union all year. But if they play like they did tonite. Union will be the team out of region D. Hard to stack the box when they can throw the ball like they did tonite. Plus the defense hasn't given up more then 23 points in a single game.

All the talk about Abingdon being physical? I didn't see it. Union overwhelmed the Falcons in every aspect of the game. Man those young kids are ballhawks. 4 picks tonight. The future is very bright at Union. Shame on a 3A school crowd being half the size of 1A TW. That was embarrassing:(. Those kids deserve better than that.

2 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

I’m still not picking against Graham, but has Union changed personnel or scheme to improve in passing? Is it simply the opponent? 

Folks kept forgetting that the QB is a soph learning the position. He looks so much more comfortable now throwing the ball-especially when he rolls out.

Just now, Unchained said:

Folks kept forgetting that the QB is a soph learning the position. He looks so much more comfortable now throwing the ball-especially when he rolls out.

It was very obvious that the bye week was used for work and not goofing around.

6 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

I’m still not picking against Graham, but has Union changed personnel or scheme to improve in passing? Is it simply the opponent? 

No they’re just actually passing the ball now refused to even attempt a pass earlier in season.  Probably passed ball more last 2 games than rest of season put together 

3 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Good luck to the bears. I hadn’t seen them since week 2, but have read the complaints. Happy to hear they have improved in that aspect.

WSLS Scores for Southwest and Central VA

Martinsville over Patrick Co.  42-25

Altavista takes down Nelson Co 64-20

Bassett beats Halifax 35-13

Appomattox over William Campbell 56-12

Gretna defeats Tunstall 40-6

Roanoke Catholic tops Castlewood 58-34

Carroll Co. beats James River 28-7

Liberty Christian Academy takes down Amherst 34-0

Glenvar takes down Radford 37-34

Graham over Blacksburg 56-7

Covington takes down East Mont 48-7

EC Glass takes the win against Brookville 23-21

Christiansburg over Cave Spring  24-14

PH-Roanoke takes down Pulaski Co. 56-27

Tazewell defeats Fort Chiswell 48-13

William Fleming beats Staunton River 28-27

Holston defeats Rural Retreat 20-10

Rockbridge defeats Harrisonburg 44-23

Heritage- Lynchburg shuts out Liberty-Bedford 56-0

Parry McCluer defeats Bath Co. 33-17

George Wythe defeats Grayson Co 27-22

William Byrd shuts out Northside 37-0

Rustburg over Jefferson Forest 33-27

Dan River takes down Chatham 21-14

Alleghany takes the win against Floyd Co 28-6

Galax defeats West Stokes, 35-7

Salem over Hidden Valley 61-3

With the mild upsets tonight, and after seeing Abingdon in person, there's a very real possibility that Lee finishes as the #3 seed, and Union could fall to #6.

I'm not sure that Reg D has had the possibility of so much movement in the top 8 teams, with 1 week left, since they went back to regional play in 2017.

3 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

WSLS Scores for Southwest and Central VA

Martinsville over Patrick Co.  42-25

Altavista takes down Nelson Co 64-20

Bassett beats Halifax 35-13

Appomattox over William Campbell 56-12

Gretna defeats Tunstall 40-6

Roanoke Catholic tops Castlewood 58-34

Carroll Co. beats James River 28-7

Liberty Christian Academy takes down Amherst 34-0

Glenvar takes down Radford 23-21

Graham over Blacksburg 56-7

Covington takes down East Mont 48-7

EC Glass takes the win against Brookville 23-21

Christiansburg over Cave Spring  24-14

PH takes down Pulaski Co. 56-27

Tazewell defeats Fort Chiswell 48-13

Fleming beats Staunton River 28-27

Holston defeats Rural Retreat 20-10

Rockbridge defeats Harrisonburg 44-23

Heritage- Lynchburg shuts out Liberty-Bedford 56-0

Parry McCluer defeats Bath Co. 33-17

George Wythe defeats Grayson Co 27-22

William Byrd shuts out Northside 37-0

Rustburg over Jefferson Forest 33-27

Dan River takes down Chatham 21-14

Alleghany takes the win against Floyd Co 28-6

Galax defeats West Stokes, 35-7

Salem over Hidden Valley 42-14

Radford score Is wrong

12 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

With the mild upsets tonight, and after seeing Abingdon in person, there's a very real possibility that Lee finishes as the #3 seed, and Union could fall to #6.

I'm not sure that Reg D has had the possibility of so much movement in the top 8 teams, with 1 week left, since they went back to regional play in 2017.

So that would put Union going to Lee never would have guessed that after week 1

Just now, Duke2015 said:

So that would put Union going to Lee never would have guessed that after week 1

It is possible. So much in the air right now. We might be going to Va High or GC as well. Our odds of hosting a 1st round game took a serious hit tonight.

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Where are all of the folks laughing at me  and acting like I was stupid when I was saying that Bluefield was still one of the top 2A teams in WV?

Ryan4vt said that he would bet the farm that Bluefield would not beat Ridgeview and wasn't so sure Bluefield would even beat Tazewell. 

10 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I saw Salem score somewhere as 62-3

The Salem score has been reported as 55-3, 62-3, and 61-3. As I said earlier, WSLS reported all three before finally settling on 61-3. WDBJ has it at 61-3. @Bluefield researcher currently has it at 55-3 on fourseasons.  Salem fans on the other site are saying 61-3. Max Preps has it at 62-3, so we can be confident that one's incorrect.

7 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Told I never left the Glenvar train. Even with 3 losses, I kept on that train. I WATCHED with my eyeballs the team I saw in preseason and my eyes don't lie. No surprise with their win. 

Same here. People counted out a very close 3 loss injury filled team that has great line play, and they are now healthy and it's getting cold. That's a mistake. I had Radford by a couple scores in this one, but thought the playoff game would be closer.  Radford's d line is their weak spot.

7 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

The Salem score has been reported as 55-3, 62-3, and 61-3. As I said earlier, WSLS reported all three before finally settling on 61-3. WDBJ has it at 61-3. @Bluefield researcher currently has it at 55-3 on fourseasons.  Salem fans on the other site are saying 61-3. Max Preps has it at 62-3, say we can be confident that one's incorrect.

Guys, at 60 something to 3, does it really matter that much?

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Possible, but easier to end up 4 and gate city could take a hit to 6. Don't think they can outpoint vhs, 3-6 could be separated by tenth(s). Gonna be interesting