9/15 Fort Chiswell               Away
9/22 Princeton, WV               Home
9/29 Grundy               Home
10/6 Virginia High               Away
10/13 Marion               Away
10/20 Giles               Home
10/27 Graham               Away
11/3 Lebanon               Away

Wow, what a blast from the past to my childhood.  We played the Dogs a couple of times about 10 or 11 years ago, but I didn't make the trip to Tazewell then.  Prior to the 2 game series just over 10 years ago, where we played there in 1 of those 2 games, you have to go back to 1988 if I'm not mistaken, since the Bandana Bunch stepped into Bulldog Stadium before the recent series about 10 years ago.  Tazewelll beat us in 1988 at Tazewell, but two years prior to that, the Bandana Bunch put on a show on Tazewell's homefield and beat the Dogs, and the Dogs would eventually be...... Div 4 State Champions that year in 1986.

I remember the Dogs having those Mohawk hairuts in 86.  I had a Bandana!.  I remember Tazewell had a player at some point there in the 1980s that was basically a high school version of Ronnie Lot at Safety.  I think he went on to play at Virginia Tech and his name was Steve Mitchem.  Arguably....again...arguably, the most violent High School Defensive Back I've ever seen.  I'm not saying he's the best I've ever seen, but regarding violence, he was at the top of the list.  He was ok if you got hurt, or if he (himself) got hurt.  He just needed someone to simply get hurt. The guy literally was dangerous.  People just flat out.....got hurt when he was on the other side of the field.  He** of a player he was.  Absolutely, an incredible player defensively.  He might of even started at VT for a year.  I just can't remember.

Sorry to go off course BluefieldResearch and I don't want to hijack this schedule thread.  Thanks for posting these and what you do.  I just got a bit excited when I saw that a trip to Tazewell is in order this year, and I plan to take the backway, through Narrows into Rocky Gap and into Cove Creek (slide over East River Mountain down into the Double Gates neighborhood in Bluefield, VA near Graham High School to load up on 6 hotdogs from Double Gates Grocery, then back over the mountain through Cove Creek, through Grafton, and into T-Town.  Last time I spoke with the kind woman at Double Gates, I figure they can't keep that place open much longer.  Her and her husband are older.....very old.  I hope they can keep that place a float through the fall of 2023.

Give em Hell Spartans!

19 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Tazewell 2023 Football schedule

9/2 Riverheads               Home
9/8 Richlands               Home
9/15 Fort Chiswell               Away
9/22 Princeton, WV               Home
9/29 Grundy               Home
10/6 Virginia High               Away
10/13 Marion               Away
10/20 Giles               Home
10/27 Graham               Away
11/3 Lebanon               Away

What a way to start your season out

Week 1 Brutal

Week 2 Pure Hate

Week 3 Nothing bad to say

Week 4 Bad Blood

20 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

What a way to start your season out

Week 1 Brutal

Week 2 Pure Hate

Week 3 Nothing bad to say

Week 4 Bad Blood

Technically that's a week off. Y'all appear to be off on week 1 and Riverheads is technically week 2, right?

5 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I remember the Dogs having those Mohawk hairuts in 86.  I had a Bandana!.  I remember Tazewell had a player at some point there in the 1980s that was basically a high school version of Ronnie Lot at Safety.  I think he went on to play at Virginia Tech and his name was Steve Mitchem.  Arguably....again...arguably, the most violent High School Defensive Back I've ever seen.  I'm not saying he's the best I've ever seen, but regarding violence, he was at the top of the list.  He was ok if you got hurt, or if he (himself) got hurt.  He just needed someone to simply get hurt. The guy literally was dangerous.  People just flat out.....got hurt when he was on the other side of the field.  He** of a player he was.  Absolutely, an incredible player defensively.  He might of even started at VT for a year.  I just can't remember.

Sadly, Steve passed away in 2017.  I attended church with him and was teased every week about the Blues and transfers.  He and Giles Coach Williams played football and I believe were roommates at Tech.  He could give you a ribbing, no doubt, but he was also a faithful friend.  When Colobro was coming back to Tazewell as coach, Steve was going to be one of his assistants.  Sadly, Steve passed away after a short illness.  

7 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Wow, what a blast from the past to my childhood.  We played the Dogs a couple of times about 10 or 11 years ago, but I didn't make the trip to Tazewell then.  Prior to the 2 game series just over 10 years ago, where we played there in 1 of those 2 games, you have to go back to 1988 if I'm not mistaken, since the Bandana Bunch stepped into Bulldog Stadium before the recent series about 10 years ago.  Tazewelll beat us in 1988 at Tazewell, but two years prior to that, the Bandana Bunch put on a show on Tazewell's homefield and beat the Dogs, and the Dogs would eventually be...... Div 4 State Champions that year in 1986.

Sorry to go off course BluefieldResearch and I don't want to hijack this schedule thread.  Thanks for posting these and what you do.  I just got a bit excited when I saw that a trip to Tazewell is in order this year, and I plan to take the backway, through Narrows into Rocky Gap and into Cove Creek (slide over East River Mountain down into the Double Gates neighborhood in Bluefield, VA near Graham High School to load up on 6 hotdogs from Double Gates Grocery, then back over the mountain through Cove Creek, through Grafton, and into T-Town.  Last time I spoke with the kind woman at Double Gates, I figure they can't keep that place open much longer.  Her and her husband are older.....very old.  I hope they can keep that place a float through the fall of 2023.

Give em Hell Spartans!

Randy Carter recently passed away speaking of Double Gates.

On 3/9/2023 at 7:34 AM, stu_bean said:

Grayson Co will be in for a rude awakening. 

Maybe not rumor is Grayson has been getting some talented transfers this offseaon

4 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Randy Carter recently passed away speaking of Double Gates.

Hate to hear that about Mr. Carter and Steve Mitchem. I had no Idea he (Mitchem) was roomies with Williams at Tech. The Carters have run one he"" of an establishment there in Double Gates (Bluefield) for what I understand is over half of a century. Those places are rare nowadays and you just don't find many places like that left. 

Richlands schedule:

Aug. 17 | Grundy (benefit)

Aug. 25 | Gate City

Sept. 1 | @ Union

Sept. 8 | @ Tazewell

Sept. 15 | Abingdon

Sept. 22 | @ Lebanon

Sept. 29 | Ridgeview (Homecoming)

Oct. 6 | Open

Oct. 13 | Virginia High

Oct. 20 | @ Galax

Oct. 27 | @ Marion

Nov. 3 | Graham

Fort Chiswell 2023 Schedule

2023 8/25 Rural Retreat               Away
2023 9/1 Floyd County               Away
2023 9/15 Tazewell               Home
2023 9/22 Eastern Montgomery               Home
2023 9/29 Parry McCluer               Home
2023 10/6 Grayson County               Away
2023 10/13 Auburn               Home
2023 10/20 George Wythe               Home
2023 10/27 Galax               Away
2023 11/3 Giles               Away

On 4/6/2023 at 10:45 PM, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands schedule:

Aug. 25 | Gate City

Sept. 1 | @ Union

Sept. 8 | @ Tazewell

Sept. 15 | Abingdon

Sept. 22 | @ Lebanon

Oct. 6 | Open

Oct. 13 | Virginia High

Oct. 20 | @ Galax

Oct. 27 | @ Marion

Nov. 3 | Graham

If Richlands hasn't improved a lot over last year, this will be a brutal schedule.  Hope they have something for these teams, but it's going to be tough to have a winning season with this schedule.  Big Blue fans might as well get ready for a long season, IMO, still love the Blues, just being realistic.

51 minutes ago, TruBlue72 said:

If Richlands hasn't improved a lot over last year, this will be a brutal schedule.  Hope they have something for these teams, but it's going to be tough to have a winning season with this schedule.  Big Blue fans might as well get ready for a long season, IMO, still love the Blues, just being realistic.

It isn't an easy schedule but it is one game easier than last year's. Off are Bluefield and David Crockett and on are Galax and Lebanon.

Pieced together Riverheads 2023 schedule.

8/25 Central Woodstock               Away
9/2 Tazewell               Away
9/8 Fort Defiance               Home
9/22 Wilson Memorial               Away
9/29 Christiansburg               Home
10/6 Staunton               Home
10/13 Buffalo Gap               Away
10/20 Stuarts Draft               Home
10/27 Waynesboro               Away
11/3 John Marshall               Home

4 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Pieced together Riverheads 2023 schedule.

8/25 Central Woodstock               Away
9/2 Tazewell               Away
9/8 Fort Defiance               Home
9/22 Wilson Memorial               Away
9/29 Christiansburg               Home
10/6 Staunton               Home
10/13 Buffalo Gap               Away
10/20 Stuarts Draft               Home
10/27 Waynesboro               Away
11/3 John Marshall               Home

John Marshall is about to "feel" in football how opponents "feel" when they play them in basketball.  Somebody is gettin takin to the woodshed, and it won't be the Red Team.  That game will be OVER by the end of the first quarter.  Riverheads if far to physical for them.  

44 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

John Marshall is about to "feel" in football how opponents "feel" when they play them in basketball.  Somebody is gettin takin to the woodshed, and it won't be the Red Team.  That game will be OVER by the end of the first quarter.  Riverheads if far to physical for them.  

In my best Palpatine voice, “Excellent. Everything is going according to plan.”

On 4/6/2023 at 10:45 PM, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands schedule:

Aug. 25 | Gate City

Sept. 1 | @ Union

Sept. 8 | @ Tazewell

Sept. 15 | Abingdon

Sept. 22 | @ Lebanon

Oct. 6 | Open

Oct. 13 | Virginia High

Oct. 20 | @ Galax

Oct. 27 | @ Marion

Nov. 3 | Graham

P.s. Stop scheduling Ridgeview for Homecoming.  I heard straight from horses mouth that they took that as a huge disrespect sign.  Lol.  It definitely got under their skin, so much that I think they tried to lock Richlands in as HC opponent going forward.  The ego’s of coaches and AD’s.  😂

On 4/17/2023 at 8:47 AM, TruBlue72 said:

With Brown gone they are going to have to find Offense from somewhere. I did see a guy on the field last year that could make something happen anytime he touched the ball. Their JV squad seemed to be dead set on throwing the ball around the field like Tazewell does but they didnt have near the athletes or the QB to be successful that way. I am a big believer in the spread and it hurts me to say this but unless Richlands has a dude that can make something happen in space that they had squirreled away in the corner last season they may want to go to a ground and pound milk the clock offense   

@Bluefield researcher

This is posted on Lee High's Hudl page.

8/25 vs Union High School
9/1 vs Thomas Walker High School
9/8 Open
9/15 @ Pineville High School
9/22 @ Ridgeview High School
9/29 @ Rye Cove High School
10/6 vs Burton High School
10/13 @ Gate City High School
10/20 @ Central-Wise High School
10/27 vs Battle High School