Football Schedules for 2023

footballfan1

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

It's always so funny to see Ridgeview folks complain about West Ridge on social media...

Come to think of it... what don't Ridgeview fans complain about?  Lol.

Well, it was light-hearted .... I confess I actually don't give two solids about it.    I do stand by my other Ridgeview based complaints, though....maybe not some of what the others have issues with though.  I don't actually think the refs have it out for RV in every game. 🤣

On 7/24/2023 at 1:03 PM, SwvaOG said:

Well, it was light-hearted .... I confess I actually don't give two solids about it.    I do stand by my other Ridgeview based complaints, though....maybe not some of what the others have issues with though.  I don't actually think the refs have it out for RV in every game. 🤣

A lot of the complaining about refs at RV games is embarrassing and truly cringe worthy. It’s gotten a lot worse the past few years, to the point it’s hard to sit in the stands with some of these people.  The things that were coming from some fans mouths at the Graham game last year could’ve easily started some fights. 

1 hour ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Anyone have any updates on date/location of Union and George Wythe?

Is it a scrimmage? If so, George Wythe is hosting two jamborees , Aug 11th & Aug 18th with multiple schools.  I didn’t see Union listed on their regular season schedule unless it’s changed. 

17 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Is it a scrimmage? If so, George Wythe is hosting two jamborees , Aug 11th & Aug 18th with multiple schools.  I didn’t see Union listed on their regular season schedule unless it’s changed. 

Makes sense. They came to BSG and played a benefit game the week before the regular season last year so I assumed it’d happen again. 

anyone know of a team Union may have substituted to play?

2 hours ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Anyone have any updates on date/location of Union and George Wythe?

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Per GW's webpage, they are hosting Union August 18th at 6 pm.

https://gwhs.wythe.k12.va.us/cms/one.aspx?portalId=434332&pageId=5412731&objectId.165044=37184405&contextId.165044=5412733&parentId.165044=5412734&localStartDate=2023-08-18T18:00&localEndDate=2023-08-18T18:00&ref=mesTP9fg96fVsgzpWYeogGnfxWp3Gn1rN6J%2f0W4%2bWps%3d

George Wythe Jamboree - Friday August 11 @ 4pm @ George Wythe High School

George Wythe
Floyd
Galax
Grayson
Holston
JI Burton
Mount AIry
Narrows
Richlands
Rural Retreat

Friday August 18 @ 6pm @ George Wythe High School

George Wythe
Northside
Union

If you haven't seen Mount Airy, do yourself the favor!!! Coming off a dominant season where they won the state championship and return 90% of the roster. Tyler Mason (RB) and Deric Dandy (DE) have signed with VT.

8 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

It also says multiple opponents....sounds like a jamboree

I'm thinking that part might be a typo because I saw a GW schedule earlier in the summer that listed it as a benefit game against Union. I'd rather have a jamboree though.

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I'm thinking that part might be a typo because I saw a GW schedule earlier in the summer that listed it as a benefit game against Union. I'd rather have a jamboree though.

It's a 3-team scrimmage with Northside, Union and GW.

15 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I like that much better. Union hasn't been in a multi team scrimmage in years.

I think it gives any team a better sense of where they are heading into a season. Personally, I don't understand why there aren't more of these. Seems like a lot of things that were commonplace back in our day aren't as common these days.

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

I think it gives any team a better sense of where they are heading into a season. Personally, I don't understand why there aren't more of these. Seems like a lot of things that were commonplace back in our day aren't as common these days.

Jamborees=no money

Benefit games =$$$$$

12 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Union used to play in a jamboree up Norton and I think they charged to get in but I could be wrong 

They charged, but split 4-6 ways I guess it didn't amount to as much money per team as a benefit game would.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

They charged, but split 4-6 ways I guess it didn't amount to as much money per team as a benefit game would.

Any idea the date and time for Elizabethon scrimmage