Bold predictions

Jags52

We are 4 weeks away from the first official practice! Football is almost here. 

lets get everyone’s bold predictions for this next season. The bolder the better, let’s say it’s something you you hypothetically bet your own money on. 

39 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I'll double up on that and say that they'll win it.  Having the very best player in Class 2 doesn't hurt.  Plus, the team Riverheads faces won't be from Region D.

They don't have the best player in 2A. They won't be playing in the little league this year. The best player in 2A is clements.

One of the better players in Virginia at the Class 1 level or Class 2 level or Class 3 level is the kid from Patrick Henry-Glade Spring.  I think many (on this Board even) may not know this, but PH-Glade Spring Offensive Lineman Tyler Barrett (an upcoming Junior) already has an offer from Virginia Tech and is already listed as a 3 star before his junior year has even started.  He's garnered interest from Notre Dame and will likely get an offer from Notre Dame by the end of this season.  Mark this down.....you are going to see major offers for this kid in the next 8 months (even bigger than Virginia Tech).  

I've watched his film.  I think he ends up a high 4 (4 star).  Just my opinion only, but imo, he's big time.  As to whether he stays at PH or transfers, I don't know about that.  I have seen his tape.  He was THE BEST OFFENSIVE Lineman West of Salem, Virginia last year (as a sophomore) again....in my opinion only.  Obviously, you can see what I think about him with this post.  IMO, he's that good.  To see a 6-3/305 lb sophomore on the offensive line with those kind of feet is just something that you don't commonly see in SWVA.  We see it.....but it ain't common and it ain't often.  I suggest you watch his film.

Class 1 State Title- Essex vs Greyson County, Class 2 State Title- Graham vs King William/Poquoson winner.  Riverheads will lose in the semifinals to the Poquoson/King William winner in Region A.

West Virginia- Bluefield High wins the WV AA State Title and Freddy Simon hangs up the whistle at seasons end.

2 hours ago, CPF said:

They don't have the best player in 2A. They won't be playing in the little league this year. The best player in 2A is clements.

I know you doth love that cardinal red colored Kool-Aid, but this is legitimately funny.

If I'm starting a team, and I have to choose Clements or Cook-Cash, I'm taking Cook-Cash with 0 hesitation.  I have seen both play multiple times live, and I'll venture to say that you have not.  Obviously, Cook-Cash is bigger and stronger.  What Cook-Cash lacks in straight-line speed (where he's no slouch either, just not as much as Clements), he makes up with blocking prowess and field vision.  Clements isn't asked to block in a meaningful capacity in Graham's offense.  Clements's field vision is also average on his best day, and I think we'll see this year that having a line including a Brody Meadows or Connor Roberts has helped him tremendously.  (Not saying Graham's line isn't strong, because it is, but the numbers in the weight room aren't exactly what they've been in the past.  I've seen them.)

There's a good argument to be made that Clements isn't even the best player on Graham's roster this season.  I'm not saying it's a winning argument, but if you're talking about the best player in an entire Classification, you need to be the best on your own team first.

3 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

One of the better players in Virginia at the Class 1 level or Class 2 level or Class 3 level is the kid from Patrick Henry-Glade Spring.  I think many (on this Board even) may not know this, but PH-Glade Spring Offensive Lineman Tyler Barrett (an upcoming Junior) already has an offer from Virginia Tech and is already listed as a 3 star before his junior year has even started.  He's garnered interest from Notre Dame and will likely get an offer from Notre Dame by the end of this season.  Mark this down.....you are going to see major offers for this kid in the next 8 months (even bigger than Virginia Tech).  

I've watched his film.  I think he ends up a high 4 (4 star).  Just my opinion only, but imo, he's big time.  As to whether he stays at PH or transfers, I don't know about that.  I have seen his tape.  He was THE BEST OFFENSIVE Lineman West of Salem, Virginia last year (as a sophomore) again....in my opinion only.  Obviously, you can see what I think about him with this post.  IMO, he's that good.  To see a 6-3/305 lb sophomore on the offensive line with those kind of feet is just something that you don't commonly see in SWVA.  We see it.....but it ain't common and it ain't often.  I suggest you watch his film.

he set records in the shot put this,  not sure if he won state but very likely did!!!

I'm more impressed by Cook-Cash with his defensive prowess at Linebacker.  He can and will play major college inside Linebacker in my opinion.  He could also play Tight End at the next level.  It's both sides of the football that make Triple C so special, and sure, his runs are impressive, but watch the kid on defense just literally disrupt offenses.  Even if he doesn't make the tackle, watch the George Wythe State Title game and see how many plays he disrupts before the ball ever gets to the first level beyond the line of scrimmage.

Clements on Defense?  Extremely underrated in my opinion.  He is very, very solid defensively.  He will not play college level defense because of his size (and he's obviously a special running back), but he's very, very good defensively.