Bold predictions

Jags52

On 7/22/2023 at 7:50 PM, SwvaOG said:

Wow.  Daddy ball bad down at Union?  What's the kid's name?  Was he the back up last year?

Yeah he was backup last season but only got to play with all the backup players so couldn’t take 2 steps back without being sacked.  Sykes is his last name 

2 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

Yeah he was backup last season but only got to play with all the backup players so couldn’t take 2 steps back without being sacked.  Sykes is his last name 

I was telling someone the other day that they should start him and move the Anderson kid to RB/WR (slot).  Hmmm…with his departure and the rumors regarding the FB being out.  Might have to rethink the M7.

13 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

What’s Todd Tiller think about that?

Todd Tiller is more than likely aware that a guy that was fired from two coaching positions in a neighboring county, applied for his job, didn’t get it, then spent an entire school year keeping shit stirred until it blew up, then preceded to transfer his kids, if and only if, he is offered a coaching position, is the very definition of self serving and does not have any program or kids best interest in mind. 

No one could want a repeat of the train wreck caused by Aaron Lowe. Hopefully Tiller is smart enough to keep Aaron in his place and keep his undermining to a minimum. 

The train wreck, is a school that is loosing player after player . Cant keep the best girls  basketball player to ever come through the school from xfering.  The best lineman ( Cole ) is at Honaker. Best receiver ( Bandy) is at Honaker. Best crop of 7/8 grade girls and boys have xfered to Honaker.    You think you can blame that on Lowe?    Parker Lowe will be a 3/4 year varsity starter at 2 sports , and you guys want him gone ?  That's the problem . I would say any school would welcome a kid that wants to spend his whole summer going to camps and trainers  .  The Blues may win 2 games a year for the upcoming future and good luck blaming Lowe. He doesn't coach at Richlands.   Football or basketball.  If he did . Trivette would still be a Blue. You guys have lost $1,000 dollars a week just in  the revenue she brought in for girls / boys basketball games.  But as long as you all keep acting like you don't care everytime a good player ducks out on you , this slide will continue.   

1 hour ago, Tiger 2000 said:

The train wreck, is a school that is loosing player after player . Cant keep the best girls  basketball player to ever come through the school from xfering.  The best lineman ( Cole ) is at Honaker. Best receiver ( Bandy) is at Honaker. Best crop of 7/8 grade girls and boys have xfered to Honaker.    You think you can blame that on Lowe?    Parker Lowe will be a 3/4 year varsity starter at 2 sports , and you guys want him gone ?  That's the problem . I would say any school would welcome a kid that wants to spend his whole summer going to camps and trainers  .  The Blues may win 2 games a year for the upcoming future and good luck blaming Lowe. He doesn't coach at Richlands.   Football or basketball.  If he did . Trivette would still be a Blue. You guys have lost $1,000 dollars a week just in  the revenue she brought in for girls / boys basketball games.  But as long as you all keep acting like you don't care everytime a good player ducks out on you , this slide will continue.   

Sooo, if your school is getting the better end of the deal just take it.  Richlands has been fire bombing itself for three years now.....without the help of Honaker fans. 😆 "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" Sun Tzu.

They still haven't recovered from Mance's departure.  Of course, the Thad Wells debacle wasn't their fault.  Tarter has been loyal and is trying to steady the ship....but I feel like they need to get their long term plan in place sooner than later.  Honaker has always poached Richlands kids....but it was usually for playing time.  Things have changed now and kids are leaving because they want to win.  

1 hour ago, Tiger 2000 said:

10 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

Sooo, if your school is getting the better end of the deal just take it.  Richlands has been fire bombing itself for three years now.....without the help of Honaker fans. 😆 They still haven't recovered from Mance's departure.  Of course, the Thad Wells debacle wasn't their fault.  Tarter has been loyal and is trying to steady the ship....but I feel like they need to get their long term plan in place sooner than later.  Honaker has always poached Richlands kids....but it was usually for playing time.  Things have changed now and kids are leaving because they want to win.  

As a fan and supporter that doesn’t know the details, simply stated, the recent trend is disturbing. The main question remains, what is the remedy? (Besides the obvious cure of winning.) 

That might be a question better answered by Tazewell, Gate City, or other teams who appear to have turned the corner after dark times. (I excluded Graham due to the obvious riches in talent that simply required the right man in charge.) Tiger 2000 and SwvaOG paint a very accurate picture. I certainly cannot blame Honaker, Lebanon, nor any of the beneficiaries for whatever the issues are at home.

Richlands.  Here is my annual (I do this every year in late July-Early August) Run the Football and Stop the Spread mentality rant.  So, Richlands Run the Ball Rant 2023 and Ryan soon follows and doesn't like my statement, but here goes.

1.  Richlands doesn't have the athletes anymore or the offensive "scheme" knowledge to run a spread offense, and would be better suited at running the football first and foremost with passing the football as the 2nd option, not the first option.  Richlands should have done this the very minute Thad Wells left from day one.

2.  If you don't have the great athletic advantage in SWVA, but you have elite offensive coaching knowledge, you absolutely can have some success "out scheming" opponents with a spread or pass first type offense.  It's better to have both the athletes and the elite offensive "scheme" knowledge, but you can have some success with only the coaching knowledge and not the athletes.  Richlands has neither.  That's not to say Tarter is a bad coach.  He's not, but they have no person on that staff that is elite offensively, so here is the default........the default is....."well, do what we always did, that's tradition, just go wide in most of our formations and throw it as a first option."  That's the problem.  Somebody has to have the knowledge or sack to say....enough.  We are better suited to run the football first and foremost with what is usually very good size up front, and passing the football is a 2nd option UNTIL we have advanced offensive scheme knowledge or better athletes or both.  That hasn't happened yet at Richlands and the wins and losses are showing.

3.  Run the ball, play defense, pass efficiently.  Why?  The knowledge isn't there offensively at Richlands to go wide open and out scheme opponents, nor are the athletes.  Use the size and power to run it well, shorten the game, kill clock, play defense.   I've said this before and will say (write it again).  When Richlands preseason fans get to the point of first asking, "Who is the starting Running Back this year," instead of asking, "who is the starting QB this year," then you will know the culture has changed and the appropriate change in culture/mindset offensively has changed at Richlands.  That hasn't happened yet (at least not as of 2022 in August).

The above is purely one guy's opinion and nothing more.  I understand how some or many more might see it a whole other way and that's cool.  I'm just giving my take.  To each is his or hers and do what you do.

@BandanaVTDavis4321   work with what you have to make the best of the situation? NO no no, better to dream of what could be, complain because things arent the way they were in the glory days, etc. Never mind developing the talent you have and playing to their strengths. Rule #1 as a OC/DC is put kids in a position to succeed, don't ask them to do things they cant do. I think asking the talent R has had to be pass first offensively would violate that rule. Really the rule applies to coaches too, dont try to do things that you dont know how to do. Do what you can for now, go to clinics, buy programs/books, etc to grow as a coach. 

16 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Richlands.  Here is my annual (I do this every year in late July-Early August) Run the Football and Stop the Spread mentality rant.  So, Richlands Run the Ball Rant 2023 and Ryan soon follows and doesn't like my statement, but here goes.

1.  Richlands doesn't have the athletes anymore or the offensive "scheme" knowledge to run a spread offense, and would be better suited at running the football first and foremost with passing the football as the 2nd option, not the first option.  Richlands should have done this the very minute Thad Wells left from day one.

2.  If you don't have the great athletic advantage in SWVA, but you have elite offensive coaching knowledge, you absolutely can have some success "out scheming" opponents with a spread or pass first type offense.  It's better to have both the athletes and the elite offensive "scheme" knowledge, but you can have some success with only the coaching knowledge and not the athletes.  Richlands has neither.  That's not to say Tarter is a bad coach.  He's not, but they have no person on that staff that is elite offensively, so here is the default........the default is....."well, do what we always did, that's tradition, just go wide in most of our formations and throw it as a first option."  That's the problem.  Somebody has to have the knowledge or sack to say....enough.  We are better suited to run the football first and foremost with what is usually very good size up front, and passing the football is a 2nd option UNTIL we have advanced offensive scheme knowledge or better athletes or both.  That hasn't happened yet at Richlands and the wins and losses are showing.

3.  Run the ball, play defense, pass efficiently.  Why?  The knowledge isn't there offensively at Richlands to go wide open and out scheme opponents, nor are the athletes.  Use the size and power to run it well, shorten the game, kill clock, play defense.   I've said this before and will say (write it again).  When Richlands preseason fans get to the point of first asking, "Who is the starting Running Back this year," instead of asking, "who is the starting QB this year," then you will know the culture has changed and the appropriate change in culture/mindset offensively has changed at Richlands.  That hasn't happened yet (at least not as of 2022 in August).

The above is purely one guy's opinion and nothing more.  I understand how some or many more might see it a whole other way and that's cool.  I'm just giving my take.  To each is his or hers and do what you do.

Thanks for the input. Likely unrelated, and probably more linked to geography, but it’s ironic that the beneficiaries are relatively pass-heavy offenses. 

Admittedly, I prefer a conservative run-based approach. As the years pass, i accept that fewer and fewer hold that same preference.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I could fix Richlands in one step. Do whatever you have to do to hire Mark Dixon.

6 minutes ago, CPF said:

I could fix Richlands in one step. Do whatever you have to do to hire Mark Dixon.

I thought he retired due to health reasons, but if so that explains the “whatever you have to do” part.  

The Galax transformation during his tenure was very impressive in football.

5 hours ago, Tiger 2000 said:

Is that you Aaron?  Has to be, you’re the only one that could type out that much bullshit in one paragraph. 
Of course your boy will start, wherever he is, dude-he started at Richlands, lol.  Not even going to address the rest of it, simply because, it was YOU that wasn’t wanted. You made it about yourself.  No Lowe no show, remember? That’s all you man.
If you were truly in it for your kids, all the kids or love of the sport, you would have owned up to why you were fired and encouraged the kids to play for whoever replaced your ass. Instead, you flat out lied, played the victim and encouraged all the discord and now all the transfers. You do you man.  Everyone knows Richlands sports is struggling and they will struggle with or without Aaron Lowe.
Enjoy Russel county. Go tigers. Until they figure you out. Then, Go wherever hell you end up. 

3 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I agree with your assessment my friend; however, but I think they made this change last year.  I think Richlands did switch to a running based offense last year and Dylan Brown was doing well.  Now, once the QB transferred they had to put Brown at QB and they ran him a lot from that position.  I don't think they are a spread team much anymore.....however, it seems that they don't have an offensive scheme or identity. 

Until they can develop an offensive identity and develop some skill talent, I would double down on installing an aggressive defense and implement a ball control offense.  They have to find a way to stop teams from hanging 40-50 on them.  Only way out of this is hard work...but they have to put in an offensive and defensive foundation.

40 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I agree with your assessment my friend; however, but I think they made this change last year.  I think Richlands did switch to a running based offense last year and Dylan Brown was doing well.  Now, once the QB transferred they had to put Brown at QB and they ran him a lot from that position.  I don't think they are a spread team much anymore.....however, it seems that they don't have an offensive scheme or identity. 

Until they can develop an offensive identity and develop some skill talent, I would double down on installing an aggressive defense and implement a ball control offense.  They have to find a way to stop teams from hanging 40-50 on them.  Only way out of this is hard work...but they have to put in an offensive and defensive foundation.

I got to see Blues play Beavers last season.  Blues looked like they were trying to run it alot more than what they have in past from what I recall Richlands when Raddy played em.  But they didn't seem fluent or comfortable doing it.  Like they was trying to make that transition to running it more but wasn't comfortable doin it

8 hours ago, Tiger 2000 said:

I think that title belongs to the Allen girl at this point. Now, if the Trivette girl had finished her high school career at Richlands you might be able to claim she was the best girls’ basketball player to ever come through that school but as it stands, it’s the Allen girl who played about 9 years ago give or take. She helped take her team to the state playoffs twice I believe & that was with 4 classifications not six if I’m remembering correctly. 

13 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think that title belongs to the Allen girl at this point. Now, if the Trivette girl had finished her high school career at Richlands you might be able to claim she was the best girls’ basketball player to ever come through that school but as it stands, it’s the Allen girl who played about 9 years ago give or take. She helped take her team to the state playoffs twice I believe & that was with 4 classifications not six if I’m remembering correctly. 

Sorry, but Trivette is best player that has played at Richlands, regardless if she transferred or not.  That's like saying Michael Jordan isn't the greatest Chicago Bull of all time because he finished his career in Washington.  Just because she transferred doesn't diminish her ability.

Bleed Blue.     Ill respond    .   This isn't Coach Lowe . The reason you wont respond to any of " the rest of it" , is because its all true.    Ill explain the logic.

If i got fired from 2 different positions at the same  school, I would probably leave that school, and xfer my children as well  . So that's not a big deal.  The basketball team kept the core of best players last year , after the firing of coach Lowe.  They left this summer . That's  not a coach Lowe issue . The football team struggled last year without Coach Lowe. And yes I agree , they would have anyway. However , loosing players to Honaker in no way can help the loosing. I would do whatever it took to keep my best athletes , girls and boys in the program . That's the biggest part of high school coaching . Not Xs and Os   . You keep the athletes in your program and then coach them up.  Correct ?    So, if Lowe is gone , and your still bashing him  for the recent avalanche of players leaving/not participating, it seems as if you may want to find a legitimate reason .   Look around, maybe the reasons are right in front of you.   This time next year, who are you gonna blame it on.   I'm just saying , the Lowes made a business decision . We should applaud the efforts. And in the long run , if he is on a winning staff and his children excel . Be happy for him . Support the kids who spend there whole summer working on skills and conditioning . I've never seen and example of a kid who spends there whole summer working and then it not turn out good.  Some kids go to weight room and field 2/3 times a week and call it work . Nah , thats called the minimum . Focus your attention on that.   Blaming someone who hasn't been part of the football team in over a year for the xfers and the upcoming 2 win season wont be a good look. Coach Mance would have all these kids at his school and not leaving . No way he would let a potential all state lineman , wr, and upcoming starting qb leave.  It never happened. And if you don't think 3 players make that big of a difference in wins and losses in 2A football, then your a momm or dad of a player on the team and just want lil bobby to be treated fair.....  and as far as Trivette  , she would be there as well  if coach Lowe was still coaching so obviously the girls had no issues with him. And I agree that she isn't as accomplished as Allen was at this point but very well will be by the end of this season or the next.   The point of that was , no school can afford to loose someone of that caliber.   Not just a great player, but an unselfish team player, that now we cant drive over to the house of hustle and watch play this winter. Bleed blue started this issue by bashing coach Lowe. and all I'm saying is , he has done the right thing for his kids and family moving forward , and don't be surprised if his decision leads to a lot of wins and losses while another program sinks.  

3 minutes ago, Tiger 2000 said:

Bleed Blue.     Ill respond    .   This isn't Coach Lowe . The reason you wont respond to any of " the rest of it" , is because its all true.    Ill explain the logic.

If i got fired from 2 different positions at the same  school, I would probably leave that school, and xfer my children as well  . So that's not a big deal.  The basketball team kept the core of best players last year , after the firing of coach Lowe.  They left this summer . That's  not a coach Lowe issue . The football team struggled last year without Coach Lowe. And yes I agree , they would have anyway. However , loosing players to Honaker in no way can help the loosing. I would do whatever it took to keep my best athletes , girls and boys in the program . That's the biggest part of high school coaching . Not Xs and Os   . You keep the athletes in your program and then coach them up.  Correct ?    So, if Lowe is gone , and your still bashing him  for the recent avalanche of players leaving/not participating, it seems as if you may want to find a legitimate reason .   Look around, maybe the reasons are right in front of you.   This time next year, who are you gonna blame it on.   I'm just saying , the Lowes made a business decision . We should applaud the efforts. And in the long run , if he is on a winning staff and his children excel . Be happy for him . Support the kids who spend there whole summer working on skills and conditioning . I've never seen and example of a kid who spends there whole summer working and then it not turn out good.  Some kids go to weight room and field 2/3 times a week and call it work . Nah , thats called the minimum . Focus your attention on that.   Blaming someone who hasn't been part of the football team in over a year for the xfers and the upcoming 2 win season wont be a good look. Coach Mance would have all these kids at his school and not leaving . No way he would let a potential all state lineman , wr, and upcoming starting qb leave.  It never happened. And if you don't think 3 players make that big of a difference in wins and losses in 2A football, then your a momm or dad of a player on the team and just want lil bobby to be treated fair.....  and as far as Trivette  , she would be there as well  if coach Lowe was still coaching so obviously the girls had no issues with him. And I agree that she isn't as accomplished as Allen was at this point but very well will be by the end of this season or the next.   The point of that was , no school can afford to loose someone of that caliber.   Not just a great player, but an unselfish team player, that now we cant drive over to the house of hustle and watch play this winter. Bleed blue started this issue by bashing coach Lowe. and all I'm saying is , he has done the right thing for his kids and family moving forward , and don't be surprised if his decision leads to a lot of wins and losses while another program sinks.  

Dang man, sounds like things are really falling apart. Any way we can crowdsource a solution to tighten things up a bit?

11 minutes ago, Tiger 2000 said:

Not getting into the particulars, but obviously more talent is going, than coming. This is a problem, no matter the reason.

Is this recent phenomenon, just that, primarily fallout from the incident described, or a deeper and potentially ongoing problem? 

There will always be business decisions by parents on the costs/benefits of bigger school, better competition, more exposure vs smaller school, more playing time, more opportunity to stand out. (This doesn’t necessarily apply to many of the kids mentioned who likely contribute and benefit no matter the school.)

Edited by tornado99
Clarification