2023 scrims/jams/bg's

VHSLhelper

6 hours ago, redtiger said:

I think they graduated a lot. They were region champs last season but weren't a great team, as evidenced by their half state performance 

Grundy lost quite a bit and should fall back a bit.  If I get a chance, I'm gonna take a peak at Patrick Henry and Holston and see how they are looking. I feel like Holston is always overlooked and seldom talked about yet have played in several Region championships the last few years. 

Tonight, unless they cancelled it, or the date changed, or the cameras don't work, I'm watching the Gate City Blue Devils vs the Bearcats from Bristol on NFHS with a big arse pile of chicken wings and a cold glass of country-time lemonade.

23 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

If Holston can keep their QB healthy they will be tough offensively.  Losing the Botts twins will hurt a lot physcially.

They have a couple of good athletes on that offense.  I don't know their names but a couple of kids stood out as problems for opposing defenses.  Additionally, they are fit and in shape...no "sloppy bodies".....a testament to their weight training program.

3 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Tonight, unless they cancelled it, or the date changed, or the cameras don't work, I'm watching the Gate City Blue Devils vs the Bearcats from Bristol on NFHS with a big arse pile of chicken wings and a cold glass of country-time lemonade.

Will they have a feed? With the stadium condemned, that could complicate things. 

9 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

How can they even play there if stadium is condemned unless they're playing at Tn. High

The home stands are condemned -- the visitors are still okay. They have been talking about playing at home and just having both fan bases sit on the away side. I just wasn't sure what they've decided. 

2 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Sasq, I looked on NFHS 2 times and most recent check was 1 hour ago. NFHS appears to be a no go for the Beavers-Falcons, unless something pops up in the 2 or 3 hours

Yeah, Bluefield never pops up on NFHS unless they are the away team at somebody that does NFHS.  Graham does NFHS at Mitchell.  Graham vs. James Monroe will be on NFHS tomorrow!!  I'm going to be in football heaven for the next 3 and a half months watching high school and college games.  Thank the lord the season is finally here.

3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Yeah, Bluefield never pops up on NFHS unless they are the away team at somebody that does NFHS.  Graham does NFHS at Mitchell.  Graham vs. James Monroe will be on NFHS tomorrow!!  I'm going to be in football heaven for the next 3 and a half months watching high school and college games.  Thank the lord the season is finally here.

That's my double dipper. Plan to watch the Bandana Bunch against CBurg live and on my phone, watch Graham hopefully beat the Hades out of Peterstown. I know it's a scrimmage and don't count, but if you have my history with Peterstown, you would know it counts to me.